JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost every time I'm at the range someone else asks me if I reload and if they can have my brass. I'm frequently shooting Freedom Munitions re-manufactured ammo so most people won't want to reload it. I almost have a large USPS flat rate box full of my brass and other range brass I'm going to send back to them at some point. I should profit ~6 free boxes of 9mm so it's worth the work as I'm picking it up off the ground anyways.

Where I shoot, the guys using their AR's would have to tie a 5 gallon bucket to the side of the receiver to catch all their brass....
Haha! I bought one of the Tactical Brass Recovery units and it's supposed to hold (150) 223 or (75) 308 but they make another version with an extra large bag. I've had about 120 in there before and it still definitely had some room left. I love it but it's way outside of most people's price range. It's built like a tank and the bag isn't going to melt so I'm happy. If everyone else on the market wasn't using crappy mesh I might have considered something else but I love the way it swings out of the way to clear malfunctions or for cease fires.

DSC03368.jpg
What is this left behind brass you speak of?
I don't seem to have this issue ... :D
Just kidding ... I do pick up my brass ( and that of others ) when the shooting is done.
Andy

I tried the tarp trick but when I tried to shake the brass into the middle of the tarp they had melted enough to stick where they landed.:eek::eek::eek:

I'm a slow shooter, but yeah the brass is still hot. I use heavy duty tarps [not the blue kind] that have a silver backing. And since I usually go with my son, son-in-law and some grandkids, it helps to periodically sweep them up and deposit in a cardboard box - otherwise the brass gets kicked around - by the grandkids especially. Picking up is the price of shooting for the grandkids, as arthritis and replacement knees have slowed me down.

On our range we have three large pails -

1. Rimfire empties.

2. Non-brass empties.

3. Brass, and

a large plastic tub for shotgun empties. If we don't want our brass, we put it on the appropriate container, else we pick it up and take it home, or give it to somebody who can use it. Picking up brass is something we ALL do, all the time. to keep the range tidy. 'sides, it's on the range standing orders.

I guess that where there a lots of folks shooting semi-auto centrefires with your cheaper than dirt ammunition, you ARE going to get folks shooting and forgetting, but with GGG 7.62 NATO stuff here costing just a tad under $120/C, very little brass gets left behind here.

'sides, most of us here reload as soon as we can do it. THAT can take between six months and a year after joining the club as probie, depending on which county you live in. Here you can't buy primers until you have that firearms certificate in your hot little hand.

tac

I prefer commercial brass but I reload tons of military stuff also. Chances are it's once fired. Been doing this for years, no problem. I only pick up the shiny brass that's been out for a few days.
The primer crimp on military brass is the only way to know that brass has been only fired once.. if you buy on the secondary market or find it.

Went to the pistol range at N. Las Vegas... they have 55gal drums full of brass... nobody is allowed to police brass there. I think that is strange. Maybe they are selling it.

Went to the pistol range at N. Las Vegas... they have 55gal drums full of brass... nobody is allowed to police brass there. I think that is strange. Maybe they are selling it.
The range my kid used to shoot at in LA county reloaded ammo. Maybe they sell ammo there?
Up in Sequim we would pick up the stuff we reloaded and leave the rest. There was a guy picking it up to take it to a salvage yard in Tacoma. We just had fires from the targets and pallets etc. left there. We saw some guys unloading a washing machine ,so we took pictures of them and asked ' you are taking that home with you right?'
Up at the county range here I leave 22 brass cause a guy picks it to make bullets with it. The rest of the stuff I shoot goes home with me.
We have lots of reloaders so if I don't want it someone will be collecting it soon.
Biggest problem I saw,next to garbage,back in Sequim was the shotgunners leaving hulls EVERYWHERE. Thousands of them.
If it was jus a few here and there,no big thing. But we're talking thousands.

I pick up all re-loadable brass. Been reloading for 30+ years and seldom need to buy brass.
My best find while picking up brass (and trash) was a full box of 12 ga 3" shells! Guess they just forgot them.

Yes. I intend to get into reloading before long so I've been saving piles of brass for the day. I invested in a brass catcher --you know, the net on a post contraption-- and it works pretty well for bench shooting.

The wife and I always picks up our brass. I reload for the .45acp so it is always fun to have had a 45 shooter before us who didn't pick up their brass. Score! This past weekend I decapped/resized and tumbled over 700+ empty cases for reloading. Need to keep my babies fed. And, for the record, we also pick up brass we don't use to keep our humble range looking good for the next shooters.

I'm a slow shooter, but yeah the brass is still hot. I use heavy duty tarps [not the blue kind] that have a silver backing. And since I usually go with my son, son-in-law and some grandkids, it helps to periodically sweep them up and deposit in a cardboard box - otherwise the brass gets kicked around - by the grandkids especially. Picking up is the price of shooting for the grandkids, as arthritis and replacement knees have slowed me down.

I'm with ya on the aching bones & joints, gettin old ain't Fer Wimps.;)

The range my kid used to shoot at in LA county reloaded ammo. Maybe they sell ammo there?
Up in Sequim we would pick up the stuff we reloaded and leave the rest. There was a guy picking it up to take it to a salvage yard in Tacoma. We just had fires from the targets and pallets etc. left there. We saw some guys unloading a washing machine ,so we took pictures of them and asked ' you are taking that home with you right?'
Up at the county range here I leave 22 brass cause a guy picks it to make bullets with it. The rest of the stuff I shoot goes home with me.
We have lots of reloaders so if I don't want it someone will be collecting it soon.
Biggest problem I saw,next to garbage,back in Sequim was the shotgunners leaving hulls EVERYWHERE. Thousands of them.
If it was jus a few here and there,no big thing. But we're talking thousands.

Yep, them shotgunners sure leave one hellofa mess!!! Slob shooteres.:mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top