JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good to hear. A few weeks ago I met some guys at the local shooting spot. I had never seen them before, they were friendly and knowledgeable shooters. I was surprised they left all their brass and garbage behind. Here in The Dalles the local shooters have occasional cleanup days.

I will politely persuade people to police their area before they leave, if they don't they go on my sh** list.... I have no need for people like that in my circle of friends or acquaintances...
I should be a RSO.......:p

Always. Reloadable stuff to a friend. Steel case and rimfire to the garbage, along with shotgun hulls and any other trash I see lying about. It's easy to do for the stuff I shoot, because I lay a large plastic tarp down first. I'm annoyed by, but resigned to, all the crap that others leave on public lands. I bring extra black plastic bags, gloves and a rake for the non-shooting debris.

I tried the tarp trick but when I tried to shake the brass into the middle of the tarp they had melted enough to stick where they landed.:eek::eek::eek:

I always have. When I come across a pile of 223 or 7.62 I'll pick that up too. I like to keep our public/private shooting areas cleaner than I found them but I must be a exception. What's your thoughts?

I always pick up my brass. I'll pick up brass I find at my favorite gravel quarry too. You and I probably pick up brass from the same place. Last time out, I picked up 600 pieces of federal .223 rem brass. I left the LC brass there for you though....;)... What I get tired of seeing at my shooting spot is people leaving partially burned pallets, cardboard, tin cans, and old targets. Sometimes I'll pick up trash. I just wish people weren't such slobs!!!!!! Here's some of the .223 rem brass I picked up last time. This is good non military brass that cleaned up great. It's now sized and prepped and ready to go:

IMG_0696_zpsxftop0pz.jpg

I don't care if people leave their brass lay, it's the garbage they leave laying around that drives me up a wall. Brass will always be picked up eventually by someone.... Trust me, I have friends that pick up every dang piece they find. I'm a little more selective....

Last Edited:
Good to hear. A few weeks ago I met some guys at the local shooting spot. I had never seen them before, they were friendly and knowledgeable shooters. I was surprised they left all their brass and garbage behind. Here in The Dalles the local shooters have occasional cleanup days.

Please tell those local guys to go to my spot and clean it up. I've yet to see any clean-up effort, unless you think burning pallets and leaving nails all over as a clean-up effort. If so, please bring a big magnet out next time so my tires don't pick them up instead....;)

I've always removed the targets I've shot and pick up a few others that forgot what their Mom taught them. I've never picked up my brass though, I guess I should start.

My buddies and I like guys like you. I have one friend who is anal about wanting to pick up every piece of brass laying on the ground. He did this even before he started reloading. To him it was like an Easter egg hunt or something and he found a treasure. I'll get excited when I find good brass that is reloadable. I sometimes despise military brass and leave it lay though... You can go to the gravel pit where I shoot and see where these combat commando's in training leave piles of brass on the ground. You can almost envision them running around from station to station acting like they are shooting the bad guys. :confused:

NOPE!! :eek:

I make my kid do it. I feel it teaches him to clean up behind himself and since I usually pay for the ammo and its my guns its his responsibility. When he starts buying the ammo and guns Yes I will help. ;):D

Last Edited:
@ .85 a piece for the .458S, you'd better believe I pick them up !:eek:
I even try to pick up my steel cased 7.62x39 (for the trash) if I can distinguish them from the carpet of empties around. :(
I don' know why the real collectors don't pick up rim-fire.o_O
If they're selling scrap brass, it's all good.:)

I do, when I can (my property is very brushy/grassy so it is hard to find the brass, and many ranges won't let you pick it up).

I never reload someone else's brass - too much risk; I have no idea if it is once fired, or somebody's special double charged load. I've have "remanufactured" ammo let go on me once and I was lucky no one was seriously injured. Never again.

Of course.

I also tend to pick up other people's brass too. Even when I shouldn't.

I swear I have enough 9mm and .40 for the rest of my life.

Sort of, and it depends on which gun to be honest. For the mauser or AR sure. But certainly not for the Galil Ace, that rifle wrecks brass and its pointless. With NATO brass it leaves a big enough dent that you wouldn't want to reload with it. I just pick those up and toss em, the rest I keep.

I prefer commercial brass but I reload tons of military stuff also. Chances are it's once fired. Been doing this for years, no problem. I only pick up the shiny brass that's been out for a few days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top