JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a member at ARPC, also. The club rules mandate that we completely clean up brass, targets and trash. Since the range is member owned we do the cleaning and police other members, a rare thing to have to speak someone! We pick and sweep up the brass take ours out, and the rest, including .22 go into the drums and recycled to fund the clubs junior programs!
I hate picking brass so I use freestanding brass catchers. They're a bit of a PITA at first, but have kind of become second nature now!

Hows about some pics of your brass catchers, I'm looking for some ideas since the Caldwell that attach to my AR SUXS!!!!!!

Hows about some pics of your brass catchers, I'm looking for some ideas since the Caldwell that attach to my AR SUXS!!!!!!

I have a Caldwell that works pretty good on my AR-15, 15-22, and 10/22. Now I just wish it would work on my Buckmark so I didn't have to go all over hell and back chasing the brass out of them.

Oh yes, I pick up my brass and the others as well. I picked up a nice magnet from teh interwebz to pick up steel and shotgun, which is all I've been seeing lately at the places I go shoot at.

I went up to Brown's Camp quarry on Sunday (in between showers). Only 1 other car there w/ 3 people. I only went up to clear the barrels on my 45-70 and my AR as it had been 2+ months since I had been able to. They fired a 30-06 (I know because I picked up its brass, 15-20 of them) and a 22cal AR style. They packed up and left. Picked up nothing.

But the placed was absolutely trashed!!! Must have been at least 1,000 empty shot shells plus all of the brass. My 2 plastic grocery bags were definitely not enough. Took a movie of it but file was too large to upload. Can send an email if anyone is interested. Last time up a sheriff told me it cost $40,000 to clean it up! The place was the worst I have ever seen it. Sad

That is exactly why they close these public shooting spots because lots of people just go leave all the junk they drug up there for targets and shells and beer cans and what ever else you can think of even where I go duck hunting I end up dragging out trash that was left behind from other Hunter's it's not good soon they will be charging to go and it will only be open on certain days or it will be closed all together

That is the main reason I try to use brass catchers for everything I fire. I picked up this Caldwell Brass Trap to attempt to make life easier on me when I shoot pistol. It seems like every time I go to one of my favorite places to shoot it's been junked out. That is probably the reason that the gate going there is only open during hunting season. I usually end up filling up a large black trash bag of crap before I leave. It gets frustrating dealing with it sometimes.

I shoot at a very small range and pick up my brass and any other that is laying around. The best day I had was not too long ago. I got over 1400 pieces of brass, most was what I can use, and what I can't I give to friends who can.

Yes, I pick up my brass. I also pick up anything that's useable and often just everything I can to help clean up when. Usually I shoot on our property and there's not much to pick up besides mine, except one time my nephew and his buddies were up there. I brought home a nice bucket of brass. :)

i pick up mine and others. including the rimfire. The place I like to shoot at is public land and I figure as long as I leave the place cleaner than when I got there, the forest rangers won't have a problem with me coming back to shoot there. I toss all the casings in the bed of my truck or in a bag and take them home to recycle or save for reloading some day. If I never get around to reloading I figure I can sell the brass to someone who does reload.

Find it rather annoying that people fire tons of rounds their and leave there casings all over the place. Even if they are steel casings...

Last Edited:
I have a full Foldgers can of .223, 9mm and .40...

Yet I keep picking more.

Well Duh! What are you supposed to do? Leave it for the next guy? ;) A Folgers can doesn't hold much brass though? I have like three coffee cans of just 9mm and that's not counting .45, .38, .40...And I'm betting that's not much compared to quite a few others here.

Well Duh! What are you supposed to do? Leave it for the next guy? ;) A Folgers can doesn't hold much brass though? I have like three coffee cans of just 9mm and that's not counting .45, .38, .40...And I'm betting that's not much compared to quite a few others here.
Ha!

That's not counting what's loaded already and in ammo cans. I batch load and keep a good supply on hand at all times so having surplus brass in those containers is a small portion to what's 'on hand'.

;)

I really do try to leave it for the next guy.

Last Edited:
My father taught from about the age of six to always leave the quarry more clean than it was when we got there. The lesson stuck, when I go shooting I bring a trash bag every time.

I rarely even let my brass hit the ground. I reload some almost obsolete cartridges and the brass is precious. If I do see a brass pile on the shooting lines left behind, I'll usually try to sweep up a couple loads before I leave.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top