JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is everyone saying they throw away rimfire???
Honestly guys pick it all up everything brass. Pass the good stuff along to reloaders and the rest has a pretty darn good scrap value. You help make us all look good and it's worth money and honestly for the time it takes. Not bad money.

I always pick up my brass after a range trip, and sometimes other shell casings or trash lying around if I can. I love being outdoors and enjoying nature and it's always a good feeling to leave the place as nice if not better than you found it.

Well dang, if you're picking up brass at the range, it must've fallen off your pretty guns!
No brass but ...I did shoot my ramrod once.
I was shooting my first double barrel muzzleloading shotgun that I owned.
I fire the first barrel and hit the clay bird ... the recoil of the shot must have unseated the ramrod and it was just a bit past the muzzle.
I spot the second clay bird and let her have it.

"It" as in my shot load and just about the ramrod as it flies down range! :eek:
I wonder if this ever happened to Kit Carson or Daniel Boone? :p
Andy

No brass but ...I did shoot my ramrod once.
I was shooting my first double barrel muzzleloading shotgun that I owned.
I fire the first barrel and hit the clay bird ... the recoil of the shot must have unseated the ramrod and it was just a bit past the muzzle.
I spot the second clay bird and let her have it.

"It" as in my shot load and just about the ramrod as it flies down range! :eek:
I wonder if this ever happened to Kit Carson or Daniel Boone? :p
Andy

'corse it did, just that they never admitted it, like dryballing....

As for brass and picking it up, to tell the truth I catch all mine as it comes out of the gun - no semi-autos here, remember. The only things I shoot that emulate a semi in the way they eject are my Swiss schtuff - a strong tug of the bolt and the cases go straight up in the air, and straight back down again on the unwary skull.

BTW, I still have my original Snider cases - NDFS - from 1975. I believe that Martyn at X-Ring sells these huge cases [made by Bertam Brass of Australia] for about $5-6 apiece.

tac

I dont reload but I pick up my brass and trade it in when I pruchase new relooads. Luckily, I hve help with this. My wife is not into shooting (yet) but she loves picking up the shiny brass (OCD much). With Cowoy guns, the rifle ejects the brass behind the firing line so she can safely hunt around. I've taught her what .38/.357 brass looks like so when no one else is shooting, she pcks up everything she can find. i always end up with more brass than the rounds I actually shot.

I do, when I can (my property is very brushy/grassy so it is hard to find the brass, and many ranges won't let you pick it up).

I never reload someone else's brass - too much risk; I have no idea if it is once fired, or somebody's special double charged load. I've have "remanufactured" ammo let go on me once and I was lucky no one was seriously injured. Never again.
I quit buying that stuff when a .40 let go in my Firestar. Was not bad but it felt strange when I fired it and when I looked at the round that had just ejected it had blown out just above the rim. I tossed the rest of the ammo I had from that outfit (was sold by Midway) and that was the end of the re manufactured for me. Stuff did not save me enough for me to take the chance.

I reload so I pick up all my brass and others also. I don't really care much to shoot .22 and I'm glad! I don't want to mess with picking that up. I do think .22 brass looks like crap laying in every square 1" of dirt, gravel, rocks ,grass etc at the outdoor ranges. I can't really blame people for not picking it up either. But them shotgun hulls! Easiest damn things to pick/rake up and the pigs leave 'em laying!:mad:

I've been picking up my brass since I started shooting on my property in July. I've actually been putting it back in the boxes it came in, so I know how much I've got. Very OCD. But there's a guy at the shop where I buy ammo who reloads .45acp and told me he'd give me a discount if I gave him my brass.

I'm gonna stop putting them back in the boxes as that's too much work. But I keep them handy in my truck in case I'm ever near the ammo store.

Funny thing, I would have picked up my brass whether or not I was getting money for it. I'd hate for my dogs or some critter to cut their feet on it. Plus, I hate seeing crap lying around.

I shoot at ARPC. When I'm shooting in any of the pistol bays, I pick up all the brass. I keep the .380, 9mm, .45 and maybe the .223 All the rest goes into the barrel to be sorted and sold to support the youth shooting program.

Our unwanted brass here is sold for scrap, and every couple of years we dig out the three range backstops for lead, too. It all goes to running the club, the land of which is on a 99-year lease from the landowner.

Back in 2012 we had a radical rebuild that cost almost half a million $$$ at the exchange rate at that time. Now it would be, uh, gimme a minute, uh, right, about $17.28.

tac

I always pick up my shell's when I'm duck hunting and I pick up the shell's from the other guys that left there's and trash it's sad pack it in pack it out I do not reload but my next big gun investment will be reloading equipment

Yeah we try to leave the area as we found it if not better.
Usually bring a couple garbage bags, and if we remember a big tarp set to the side where the brass flies.
Just scoop out the tarp. Makes it a lot easier.

The range I use from time to time is a covered outdoor with 7 separate sections and growing.

I pick up all shotgun hulls and any aluminum cases and dispose them in the trash but the brass I leave. Let me tell you by the end of the day the brass vultures have the range picked clean some time before your stuff is put away.

I used to pick it up clean it and reload for years and still have brass all over the shop but when reloading components became harder to find than loaded ammo and just as expensive I just started to buy loaded stuff and now just stockpile.

In the woods I believe it the practice of you take out what you bring in, so yes I pick up my brass and some time others trash to leave it cleaner than when I got there.

I stopped by my little shooting pit on the way home from the Olympia rally to see if anything was there. I found 30 stripper clips & about 50 5.56 LC & Independence cases. That was a coincidence that these were the first ever find for the stripper clips and just last week I bought 100 of them here..... :D 20170113_205723.jpg
2 hours in the tumbler & lookin new.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top