JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I always have. When I come across a pile of 223 or 7.62 I'll pick that up too. I like to keep our public/private shooting areas cleaner than I found them but I must be a exception. What's your thoughts?

I do, I even bring gloves, buckets, trash bags & a rake everytime I go to outdoor ranges.
I normally go to the evergreen sportsman's club nowadays but they are not open on Monday and Tuesday so I must shoot elsewhere.

If I can save only one shooting area it is worth it!!!;)

I don't reload, but I try to police up everything I have fired and put it in one bag, If there is extra I place it in a second bag and rimfire in a third. I toss the rimfire in the Garbage and give the other two bags to a buddy that reloads, the first bag being 'once fired' brass, and the second unknown.
Edit. Steelcase goes in the rimfire bag

Always. Reloadable stuff to a friend. Steel case and rimfire to the garbage, along with shotgun hulls and any other trash I see lying about. It's easy to do for the stuff I shoot, because I lay a large plastic tarp down first. I'm annoyed by, but resigned to, all the crap that others leave on public lands. I bring extra black plastic bags, gloves and a rake for the non-shooting debris.

Pisses me off when some one patrols my brass for me meanig they are going to take my brass without my permission while I am still there. If I were to leave it's one thing it's another to just take it.

Good to hear. A few weeks ago I met some guys at the local shooting spot. I had never seen them before, they were friendly and knowledgeable shooters. I was surprised they left all their brass and garbage behind. Here in The Dalles the local shooters have occasional cleanup days.

I've always removed the targets I've shot and pick up a few others that forgot what their Mom taught them. I've never picked up my brass though, I guess I should start.

Reloadable brass is like treasure. At the range I pick up after myself and others too. During a shoot, we all pick our brass and tape targets. But sometimes I don't get my brass back because I am busy loading up for the next stage and I guess I just get missed in the shuffle.

Last Edited:
Always. Reloadable stuff to a friend. Steel case and rimfire to the garbage, along with shotgun hulls and any other trash I see lying about. It's easy to do for the stuff I shoot, because I lay a large plastic tarp down first. I'm annoyed by, but resigned to, all the crap that others leave on public lands. I bring extra black plastic bags, gloves and a rake for the non-shooting debris.

Awesome philosophy code that I also live by.;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top