JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If so, my cousin is starting a hot sauce business, and it is by far the best hot sauce out there. He has a kickstarter up, and you can try out his sauce with a small donation.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136598712/fym-hot-sauce-spicy-and-flavorful-from-fresh-ingre

His hot sauce is getting some pretty good attention from the Oregonian and Fox12

http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2014/05/reddit_fym_hot_sauce_kickstart.html

http://www.kptv.com/story/25521406/local-chili-grower-starts-hot-sauce-company

Do you remember that specialty store in Troutdale.?
It only sold salt and hot sauces etc.. I'm pretty sure it's no longer there. You could sample about everything and that place was packed to the gills with stuff. Best store ever.

Harry and Davids? I think they are still there.

On a side note, Tapatio was my go to sauce before I tried FYM. FYM is probably 3 times as hot, but has unbelievably great flavor.

One Labor Day weekend I found myself in spice heaven, New Mexico. These roasters were every where.

nmchili.jpg

Good luck to your cousin in his new venture.

For a widely available sauce, Dave's Scorpion sauce is a serious product. about 1/4 teaspoon makes an entire 64 oz. can of tomato juice just right for Bloody Marys.

The Scorpion makes Sriracha seem like tomato sauce, be careful. And yes, hot sauces are essential, very good for you too.

Good luck to Dane and FYM!

Your cousin has done a great job representing his brand and what he's trying to do. I've been following him on reddit since he first announced it.

Fun photos: http://imgur.com/a/xvkwg

I'm happy to see his Kickstarted campaign doing so well.

Hot it so relative making it hard to say. Most in the family are not accustomed to heat and think it is too hot. I like the heat from his sauce, though if I put too much on it gets a bit hotter than I would like. It is hotter than tabasco, tapitio, saracha, and other common hot sauces. I never liked the strong vinegar flavor from tabasco, and tapitio was my go to before FYM. but the flavor from tapitio is basically chile powder and a bit of cumin. FYM definitely is the best tasting hot sauce I have had. Hope that helps. Pledging $10 gets you a 5oz bottle if I remember correctly on the kickstarter.

Last Edited:
Hot it so relative making it hard to say. Most in the family are not accustomed to heat and think it is too hot. I like the heat from his sauce, though if I put too much on it gets a bit hotter than I would like. It is hotter than tabasco, tapitio, saracha, and other common hot sauces. I never liked the strong vinegar flavor from tabasco, and tapitio was my go to before FYM. but the flavor from tapitio is basically chile powder and a bit of cumin. FYM definitely is the best tasting hot sauce I have had. Hope that helps. Pledging $10 gets you a 5oz bottle if I remember correctly on the kickstarter.

I am going to check out his Kickstarter when I get home. My wife and In love Chohula brand hot sauce and are both not much for the vinegar based sauces. We both like spicy food and typically favor more spicy then most people. We don't like where the spice over powers the dish and its all you taste.

Do you remember that specialty store in Troutdale.?
It only sold salt and hot sauces etc.. I'm pretty sure it's no longer there. You could sample about everything and that place was packed to the gills with stuff. Best store ever.

Sorry, I don't remember the name of it, there is a salt and condiment store on N. Albina Ave in PDX. Its a few blocks North of Fremont st. On the west side of the street. It's very small and hard to spot! Lots of fun shops and eateries in the vicinity!:p

Thai basil chicken entirely from scratch is one my specialties. I like to make it with the skinny little Thai chiles chopped very finely, but my family can't stand very much heat. If this sauce could be added once it's on your plate that would allow me to enjoy the amount of heat I like without making the dish inedible for the rest of the family.

My favorite hot sauce is the Habanero sauce at Taco Del Mar. Hot but flavorful! My stomach not like so much as I get older. I used to put Habanero in everything :( Still make Habanero Pickles every year.......

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top