JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can confirm, you can keep them. That's law. They could hassle you, but they can't take action against you.

A few years ago I had someone steal my CC info, they ordered a $5k gaming laptop on my CC, shipped it to my house in THEIR name via FedEx, but they had attempted to reach out to FedEx and have it redirected to a FedEx store to pickup in person (that's how they game the system) well, it turned out the FedEx system was slow to handle the request, the laptop was delivered.

It was nigh impossible to get the charges reversed, the laptop vendor didn't want it back, I had my CC cancelled so they couldn't even back refund it, and they fought my CC on the claim. What a PITA.

Because they fought me, I kept the laptop after checking the legality of it. Otherwise, I would've sent it back, but it took months to get that sorted out.
I'm fairly certain the only reason it escalated to a USA call center for the parent company is because I have not let them take their stuff back. That and they might have gotten a ping from the CC for fraud. I'll worry about the extras later. I'm chocking it up as a learning experience. First time I let a highly praised, by social media, company fool me. From now on if it's only influencers praising a company, I'll pass. Like Dillon Mulvany, these people could care less about the company, they are getting money or free product to evaluate the product. Usually with raving positivity.

I'm fairly certain the only reason it escalated to a USA call center for the parent company is because I have not let them take their stuff back. That and they might have gotten a ping from the CC for fraud. I'll worry about the extras later. I'm chocking it up as a learning experience. First time I let a highly praised, by social media, company fool me. From now on if it's only influencers praising a company, I'll pass. Like Dillon Mulvany, these people could care less about the company, they are getting money or free product to evaluate the product. Usually with raving positivity.
I can GUARANTEE the reason is the bank. In the US we have protections that are over the top good if you pay the correct way, like you did. The bank will not play nice. If they drag their feet they will just take the money back from them. The only thing you "have to do" is give them a chance to get the stuff back they shipped AFTER they give you what you paid for. That means they have to come and get the stuff. If they do not its yours to do what you wish with. All merchants who sign up to take plastic sign up to follow the terms and the bank will NOT play nice with one if they do not follow them. Its so in favor of consumers that I am sure there is some who take advantage of it but, banks want that protection for their customers.

This is why I prefer brick and mortar.

I've had similar issues with ordering car parts online.

Everyone raves about Rock Auto online parts, but I've had a few issues with the online format that could've been avoided by buying at a local auto parts store......

This is why I prefer brick and mortar.

I've had similar issues with ordering car parts online.

Everyone raves about Rock Auto online parts, but I've had a few issues with the online format that could've been avoided by buying at a local auto parts store......
Ya, lesson learned. It was our first attempt at mattress in a box. Never again, unless it's from a brick and mortar or a place like Costco.

Ever hear the saying "buy once, cry once"???? Seriously, where does a working man spend the majority of his time? On his feet at work and on his back while sleeping. Buy quality footwear and mattresses and cheap out on other stuff. Trust me, if you work for a living you'll appreciate this advice. I was shocked when I needed an adjustable bed after my cancer surgery, cost $6k for bed and base. I was pissed about the cost and shopped around, found out that that's what a GOOD bed costs now. After a couple years on it, I don't regret a thing, would do it again in a heartbeat. You can't compromise on the cost of restful sleep, worth every penny.

Ever hear the saying "buy once, cry once"???? Seriously, where does a working man spend the majority of his time? On his feet at work and on his back while sleeping. Buy quality footwear and mattresses and cheap out on other stuff. Trust me, if you work for a living you'll appreciate this advice. I was shocked when I needed an adjustable bed after my cancer surgery, cost $6k for bed and base. I was pissed about the cost and shopped around, found out that that's what a GOOD bed costs now. After a couple years on it, I don't regret a thing, would do it again in a heartbeat. You can't compromise on the cost of restful sleep, worth every penny.
I over research everything. All you paid for was a name. Nothing rocket science about a mattress. Except maybe sleep number. But by the time you add all the bells and whistles it's10-14 thousand for one of them.

I over research everything. All you paid for was a name. Nothing rocket science about a mattress. Except maybe sleep number. But by the time you add all the bells and whistles it's10-14 thousand for one of them.
Possibly but I actually took the test ride on everything before I bought. Absolutely everything you read on the net about a product that you cannot handle is merely an opinion, and normally a paid opinion. So, I may have paid more but I bought what I needed and selected by actual experience, not what I read in the net. Oh, the good ole days of actually being able to shop. My wife will "research" something for a very long time, almost always will settle for the best reviews and ask if she can buy it from Walmart or amazon, you know, because of research. Brand name be damned, I'll know what I'm buying.

Possibly but I actually took the test ride on everything before I bought. Absolutely everything you read on the net about a product that you cannot handle is merely an opinion, and normally a paid opinion. So, I may have paid more but I bought what I needed and selected by actual experience, not what I read in the net. Oh, the good ole days of actually being able to shop. My wife will "research" something for a very long time, almost always will settle for the best reviews and ask if she can buy it from Walmart or amazon, you know, because of research. Brand name be damned, I'll know what I'm buying.
I did lay on the Nectar. It reminded me of the Tempurpedic we had.

The lesser model they have "let us sleep on" because I opened it has been a great sleep. I fall asleep much faster and my stomach has been hurting less. It only makes me want the top line more.

I had the option to buy the Nectar local, but I'm cheap! The local store wouldn't honor the brands public health worker discount.

This thread wasn't so much about the mattress itself as it was about the customer service.

I did lay on the Nectar. It reminded me of the Tempurpedic we had.

The lesser model they have "let us sleep on" because I opened it has been a great sleep. I fall asleep much faster and my stomach has been hurting less. It only makes me want the top line more.

I had the option to buy the Nectar local, but I'm cheap! The local store wouldn't honor the brands public health worker discount.

This thread wasn't so much about the mattress itself as it was about the customer service.
I get it, customer service sure is appreciated when it's good. I hope you get it resolved, a good nights sleep is very important to a good day and or life.

Except maybe sleep number. But by the time you add all the bells and whistles it's10-14 thousand for one of them.
Wow, are they that expensive now?! We paid $1k for ours, but we just bought the mattress, and that was 20 years ago. I have to say, it's been great, still holding up fine for a good night's sleep.

I mentioned something to someone recently about having not bought a mattress for 20 years, and they started telling me how you're supposed to replace them every five years. Yeah, whatever.

Wow, are they that expensive now?! We paid $1k for ours, but we just bought the mattress, and that was 20 years ago. I have to say, it's been great, still holding up fine for a good night's sleep.

I mentioned something to someone recently about having not bought a mattress for 20 years, and they started telling me how you're supposed to replace them every five years. Yeah, whatever.
Sleep numbers are like the iPhone of mattresses. They use tech to make things better. That and they support everything they make tooth and nail.

I'm sure the basic models aren't that expensive, but once you start going down that route you might as well get everything.

They have sensors built in that sense just about everything from motion, weight changes in body regions (it knows if you ate 3 pounds of nachos), newer ones can even tell if you're ovulating supposedly.

I liked the heater foot area thingy that roasts your feet and then turns off when it senses your heart rate change. IE it keeps you warm till it knows your sleep. My wife liked the little button you can hit that raises your spouses head ever so slightly so that they stop snoring.

Sleep numbers are like the iPhone of mattresses. They use tech to make things better. That and they support everything they make tooth and nail.

I'm sure the basic models aren't that expensive, but once you start going down that route you might as well get everything.

They have sensors built in that sense just about everything from motion, weight changes in body regions (it knows if you ate 3 pounds of nachos), newer ones can even tell if you're ovulating supposedly.

I liked the heater foot area thingy that roasts your feet and then turns off when it senses your heart rate change. IE it keeps you warm till it knows your sleep. My wife liked the little button you can hit that raises your spouses head ever so slightly so that they stop snoring.
Some of that is just creepy. But I'm old(er), and been use to pain and discomfort for a lot longer than the young(er).

Some of that is just creepy. But I'm old(er), and been use to pain and discomfort for a lot longer than the young(er).
It's just data points. Most if not any of it has no name or social security number attached to it. Sure that data can be manipulated, but if a bunch of geeks want to get together and make the worlds most tech advanced bed, I'll gladly give them my data. I know some hate tech, I was raised by it, groomed by it. As I get older, I'm learning that some of these companies do use it to advance humanity. Apple alone has made tremendous strides in the medical realm. Companies like sleep numbers have sleep literally down to a science. Their products work. It's the consumer that just has to let them work.

Gotta be honest, I wouldn't want a bed with all that, even for free. I agree with Mike. I don't hate tech; I just don't care for tech for tech's sake. Practical tech is great, but I get the feeling that a lot of tech is just because they can.

I can't even imagine a $14k bed. I can't spend $14k on a car, let alone a bed.

Gotta be honest, I wouldn't want a bed with all that, even for free. I agree with Mike. I don't hate tech; I just don't care for tech for tech's sake. Practical tech is great, but I get the feeling that a lot of tech is just because they can.

I can't even imagine a $14k bed. I can't spend $14k on a car, let alone a bed.
I get it.

At that price it better "make" me sleep. Like chloroform comes up through the fabric.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top