JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a cool place.
I like the offering of classes.
Unfortunately most of my guns are "outside toys."
( unless you want the smoke detector to go off...:D )
Andy
DSC05463.jpg

That's great to see. I grew up in Midvale which is the community directly south of Murray. I can't believe they have prices in a place like that the average Joe can afford! Just so you know there's another indoor range to the South on the main drag, State Street(hwy 89) called "Get Some" Guns and Ammo. They have an indoor range, rentals, ammo and gun sales. Get Some Guns & Ammo Smaller but very nice people the day we were there.

They didn't have these places when I lived there prior to 1983. But then you only had to drive like 30 minutes to get to a place to shoot in the foothills, or the desert.

I'll bet they make you buy their ammo. That would be a deal breaker for me. I can afford to shoot because I roll my own. The other place I linked allow you to use your own ammo.

I'll bet they make you buy their ammo. That would be a deal breaker for me.
I agree. If one reloads and relies on it for accuracy, affordability etc. then that would be a deal breaker for most. While this place no doubt appeals to many the 'Amusement Park' ambiance is a real turn off for me. As I have said before shooting for me began as an extension of my hunting and outdoor background and that is where it continues for me. Heck just joining COSSA was a real accomplishment as I typically don't like anything 'organized' but the laid back nature of it, all outdoors, no RSOs and basically member regulated without a typical range 'feel' made it acceptable for me.

I agree. If one reloads and relies on it for accuracy, affordability etc. then that would be a deal breaker for most. While this place no doubt appeals to many the 'Amusement Park' ambiance is a real turn off for me. As I have said before shooting for me began as an extension of my hunting and outdoor background and that is where it continues for me. Heck just joining COSSA was a real accomplishment as I typically don't like anything 'organized' but the laid back nature of it, all outdoors, no RSOs and basically member regulated without a typical range 'feel' made it acceptable for me.

I would always rather go out into mother nature and shoot. The bad thing is those places are getting harder to find. If you can shoot your own ammo I would use a place like this just so I could go shoot once a week on my way home.

The bad thing is those places are getting harder to find. If you can shoot your own ammo I would use a place like this just so I could go shoot once a week on my way home.
Well I guess I am lucky in this regard. Not only are places NOT hard to find in my area but essentially almost anywhere with several convenient places on my way home I stop at occasionally to shoot in the summer months.

Too fancy for me... not cost just not the atmosphere I'd like.

Instead of leaning over and asking the guy next too you what he is shooting (and sometimes getting to try) your secluded and forced to rent a gun if you want to try something. Seems a bit snobbish.

As most guns will last forever, once the rental fees cover the cost of the gun then it is all profit for them at that point.

The Vancouver trap place has an indoor range you can use as a memeber and it's in orchards.

Almost bought a house off fourthplain near grand that had 2 of those concrete pipes and the basement was a 25-50 yard (can't remember) shooting range. The area killed the deal for me but I've always wanted to do that since then.

Now if Clark Rifles would build a shotgun range I'd be set - but I'd still go out to the boonies. Potatoes and steel are a lot more fun to shoot for me.

Potatoes and steel are a lot more fun to shoot for me.
Yea no foodstuffs allowed at COSSA but they have plenty of steel already set up and they don't have a problem with shooting at drink cans on the 'basic' ranges as long as all cans and remnants are picked up.

That place looks pretty awesome, but I can't imagine how loud it would be firing rifles in that small room. Might get hearing damage through plugs and muffs!

We should all hope this place and others like it are wildly successful. It promotes the idea shooting is a fun, family pastime. For that reason alone I would support them.

The fact they have a Glock 18 and MP5 I could shoot does sweeten the deal:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top