JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I realize your post is rhetorical, but for the USMC veterans here I'll break the answer down into two words… ;) :s0108:

"Cognitive dissonance".
I would reply but I am busy cleaning my windows with my tongue and also can't afford crayons (generic, only name brand on the birthday) until the back to school sales start....

I would reply but I am busy cleaning my windows with my tongue and also can't afford crayons (generic, only name brand on the birthday) until the back to school sales start....
Luckily I still qualify for preschool so I get crayons for free. I'm grooming the other preschoolers to follow in my footsteps. The parents hate me but I fit in great.

Luckily I still qualify for preschool so I get crayons for free. I'm grooming the other preschoolers to follow in my footsteps. The parents hate me but I fit in great.
There's my Jarhead helping to repeal the Army frontal assault and creating other knuckle draggers into the fold!

I like red bestest.

Just to keep the other dogface in a happy mood: I have no "right" nor real want to know what my neighbors have/do as long as it doesn't affect my life or property.

My neighbors, except for one, probably don't know of my firearm ownership.

UPS folks and the people at the oriface that I work at definitely know... You know, packages with a big "explosives" label on them and all. Kinda hard to hide that.

The journalists' goal was not to expose those individuals but to understand whether there were patterns in how gun licenses were being given out that might endanger the public.

This is all I needed to read and is pure BS! 'Patterns in how gun licences were being given out that might endanger the public' ?

How does the issuance of a gun license endanger the public? I would LOVE to ask the reporter this face to face - the gun license is is a card, or a piece of paper and the article specifically referenced the gun license - and not the guns. Yea, stupid question but if you listen to, or read carefully what some people say or write they often were not thinking carefully about what they said.

Bottom line is this was just double talk and they had some other reasons for wanting this information and I commend the Sheriff for alerting the public.

Last Edited:
How does the issuance of a gun license endanger the public? I would LOVE to ask the reporter this face to face - the gun license is is a card, or a piece of paper and the article specifically referenced the gun license - and not the guns.
I've been thinking this but it seemed like beating a dead horse. Lots of people own guns without a 'license', and I know a few people who still have a CHL and don't have guns anymore, due to their own choice.

The whole concept, unsurprisingly, is completely broken.

I have what you call a gun license - actually a certificate - here in UK because the UK gun laws, not simple laws like don't let your dog c*ap in the street, or you must wear a seat belt, but Acts of Parliament, like the Ordering of the Succession to the Crown, require it of you.

You can bet your life that if it was not needed to own guns I would have maybe as many as could easily cause a divorce.

Unless he was lying, in which case ... interesting.
hqdefault.jpg

Lots of people own guns without a 'license',
I thought the same thing as well.

And another article in the Sacramento Bee says this:

The Chronicle says it had no intention of publishing any such database, but will instead use the information in the aggregate to look for trends and ensure the concealed weapons system isn't being abused.

Which differs from what the Globe said. So what is it about ? "danger to the public'' or ensuring the CC weapons system 'isn't being abused' ?

I have no doubt they would have had set up a call system to 'poll' CCL license holders and probably would have 'threatened' them in some way if they did not answer their questions, such as public notification in the paper.

Last Edited:
Something to think about perhaps?

Firearms registration is mandatory in Hawaii.

So then, years ago.....

Some nosey organization wanted to know who in Hawaii had guns. Rrrrright.....in the name of safety. They want to/need to know. They were refused by the Police Dept. So, they sued to get the information.

The case went to court and it was ruled that since registration was mandatory....the registration files were NOT subject to the freedom of information. BUT.....had the firearms registration been voluntary....then, they could get the information.

Of course it was an early effort at doxing firearms owners.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Should random people know my address and that I own a gun, nope. I've broken no laws, never been to jail.

Should I know if THEY have broken the law, are out of jail for assault, theft, etc? YES

Publish the address of the criminals, those who are statistically very likely to be a threat to good citizens.

The journalists' goal was not to expose those individuals but to understand whether there were patterns in how gun licenses were being given out that might endanger the public. Under state law, the counties were legally required to turn over the information.
How exactly would gun licenses endanger the public?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top