JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This article and others like this are a form of 'fishing'. The intent is to draw out the 'enemy' (gun owners etc.) by their response to the article (comments etc.) Giving oxygen to this type of article by passing it on does let you know 'how' and 'what' others are thinking, but one should also be aware of their 'baiting' to scope out those "gun toting crazies". The criminal element does not reveal who or what to the 'public'. The individual who writes about and wants to publicize this type of information is not concerned about 'safety' but wants to 'out' someone or thing that is now on their target list. Who is collecting the 'responses' to this? And why? How about 'public access' to those with a diagnose of 'mental' issues? Shouldn't more public be concerned about that?

A few years ago there was a push here in Oregon to publish the names and addresses of those with a CHL. Some liberal media outlets were requesting the records under the FIA. Washington County Sherriff told them to go pound sand. They finally dropped it after it was pointed out that they would be publishing a shopping list for criminals to go steal guns thereby adding to the illegal gun trade and endangering all citizens.

The title of the article is "Should you know if your neighbor owns a gun?" but I think that is misleading.

Would they make the same assertion if it was "Should you know if your neighbor owns a dildo?" of "Should you know if your neighbor is gay?".
If my neighbor is building bombs in its basement, absuing children, fakin the funk, donating to NPR... Yes, I have a right to know. Otherwise Karen can mind its own bubblegumming business.

I live in Southern Oregon, Way out in the country. I would be shocked, to the point of utter disbelief if my neighbors didn't own guns. Like shake my head and wounder what the heck was going on, shocked.

A few years ago there was a push here in Oregon to publish the names and addresses of those with a CHL. Some liberal media outlets were requesting the records under the FIA. Washington County Sherriff told them to go pound sand. They finally dropped it after it was pointed out that they would be publishing a shopping list for criminals to go steal guns thereby adding to the illegal gun trade and endangering all citizens.
Dear thugs: Please come and try to steal my guns.

This would put gun owners at risk for break ins when they arent home. All it does it create a rob-me list. Safes/locks dont matter. All these guys have to do is watch "The Lock Picking Lawyer" and quickly theyll learn how easy it is to simply pick or bypass a lock.

That being said, I serviced a client and noticed a
"This is a gun free home", boldly positioned in their window that faced a busy public nature walkway. Absolute idiocy.. it basically signals to anyone.. "kick our door down.. attack us and take our things.. we will not, but more importantly cannot stop you".

Why, oh WHY does this FACT have to be clarified to these loons? Can't they see it for themselves?

They really have to be some special kind of STOOPID.

That being said, I serviced a client and noticed a
"This is a gun free home", boldly positioned in their window that faced a busy public nature walkway. Absolute idiocy.. it basically signals to anyone.. "kick our door down.. attack us and take our things.. we will not, but more importantly cannot stop you".
Unless he was lying, in which case ... interesting.

Unless he was lying, in which case ... interesting.
Oh no.. these were those "types".. where their desire to virtue signal outweighed common sense.. sadly.. like most.
I just dont understand their need to tell the world that their house is a defenseless one. If I was a criminal, thats basically a red carpet invitation.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top