JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How Well Does The Firearms Community Treat Various Minorities - Multiple Votes Allowed

• In general pretty equally, though some individuals simply clash

Votes: 66 68.0%
  • Racial minorities are excluded poorly treated

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Women are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • LGBTQ people are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Agnostics, athiests, or people of non Christian religions are excluded or pootly treated

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Members of the political left are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Younger generations such as "Zoomers" are excluded of poorly treated

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Others not listed are excluded or poorly treated. Please elaborate

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
@Stomper
When it's serious like this thread...and I post...
I write how I talk.

Which can be a tactical advantage at times when dealin' with some of muh edjucated brethren.... :D
Andy
You're lucky, because if I wrote how I actually talk all you would see is, "bubblegum bubblegummity bubblegum"…….

Not really, I'm actually quite eloquent…. when I want to be. :s0131:

I seem to recall the NRA doing much to help pass gun laws in the era of the Black Panthers.
I don't really care about what was happening 50+ years ago because gun control was not a political issue at that time. The 2nd Amendment wasn't interpreted in the modern context until the mid 90's at best. Also the NRA is for boomers, Wayne LaPierre can lick my taint.
More recently, I suggest you look up Tennessee Senate Bill 522 from the most recent legislative session.

Authoritarians come in all political colors.
A bill extending the amount of time required to notify government of a new address for your carry permit is not authoritarianism.

As a whole no, but there are very definitely some pockets of exclusionism like a handful of Bubbas at the range where I shot in college that didn't want women, minorities or "uppity college boys" in the club.

These are the kinds that it was so much fun to watch my ex curbstomp...

It sounds insulting but it's not meant to be, I don't believe that most people understand the reality of the world we live in. There is a reality and it isn't just the way I see the world but there are plenty of really smart guys out there that speak about what's real.

The video is more a recruiting tool for antifa with an added I am a victim and oppressed message and if you are oppressed then come join us. Are you one who oppressed these people? Of course you are not because where ever you stand on the 2nd amendment you are not creating victims.

So why do they come up with the videos and poll discussions? Simply to divide gun owners, to play them as fools and put them in a little box that is easier to defeat.

We are in a time of change and everyone is being played and manipulated like puppets, it's a dangerous time if people don't wake up.

I don't really care about what was happening 50+ years ago because gun control was not a political issue at that time. The 2nd Amendment wasn't interpreted in the modern context until the mid 90's at best. Also the NRA is for boomers, Wayne LaPierre can lick my taint.

A bill extending the amount of time required to notify government of a new address for your carry permit is not authoritarianism.
Hmmm…. all those Jim Crow era gun laws meant for keeping blacks disarmed so they could be intimidated not to vote sounds mighty "political" to me.

Politics is a form of warfare, physical warfare is merely an extension of politics.

Politics requires a pen and paper (and a big mouth), warfare requires physical arms and those willing (and able) to bear and employ them.

The spirit of Jim Crow is alive and well within the DNC, they've just dressed it up as DEI to keep themselves "needed" and in power.

That's coming from a RABID Gen-Xer, not a "Boomer"…. and yes, the NRA can kick rocks as long as WLP sits at the helm.

I don't really care about what was happening 50+ years ago
Some things to consider here....
Events or actions from the past , can be the building blocks of current or future events / actions.
Past actions can be seen as setting a precedent , so what happened in the past...is important .
Andy

Last Edited:
MAybe he was talking about this

Looks like I'm the lone vote on Women are excluded or poorly treated :)

Not really basing that on how women are treated around here, mostly because AFAIK there are only 2, maybe 3 on here, but in gun stores what I have seen is women treated as if they know little to nothing about firearms or what they really want with (mostly) no effort to determine their actual knowledge/skill level Vs men who almost never receive the same treatment
No, not at "every store" and some are worse than others, which I guess is something to be said about The Gun Room where they treat everyone like 💩💩💩

Some thing to consider here....
Events or actions from the past , can be the building blocks of current or future events / actions.
Past actions can be seen as setting a precedent , so what happened in the past...is important .
Andy
That brings to mind this little gem….
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

-George Orwell, 1984

Get your GD heads out of your collective millennial a$$eS and wake TFU.

o_O

Looks like I'm the lone vote on Women are excluded or poorly treated :)

Not really basing that on how women are treated around here, mostly because AFAIK there are only 2, maybe 3 on here, but in gun stores what I have seen is women treated as if they know little to nothing about firearms or what they really want with (mostly) no effort to determine their actual knowledge/skill level Vs men who almost never receive the same treatment
No, not at "every store" and some are worse than others, which I guess is something to be said about The Gun Room where they treat everyone like 💩💩💩
I have a wife and three daughters, no one treats them poorly when I'm around…. believe it.

I have a wife and three daughters, no one treats them poorly when I'm around…. believe it.
No doubt, but should they need to have you around to be treated well (as in like an adult capable of making their own decisions) in gun stores?

And again, NOT every store and NOT all the time except for that exception noted above ;)

No doubt, but should they need to have you around to be treated well (as in like an adult capable of making their own decisions) in gun stores?

And again, NOT every store and NOT all the time except for that exception noted above ;)
It comes down to good manners and other peoples' parents I suppose, however my women-folk relatives can (and do) serve it right back to chauvinistic offenders without my assistance, which has caused many a brute to "sit down to pee" afterwards.

;) :D

It really comes down to the individual whether they are treated or trusted different.
Really? o_O It may be down to the individual on how they react to the way they are treated, but how they are treated / trusted is the other person's decision

Please to note that @Longwalkhome has me on ignore :rolleyes: so I had to logout to copy his post so I could quote it

Here is what he said for the rest of you malcontents that he also has on ignore

Longwalkhome
"It really comes down to the individual whether they are treated or trusted different."

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top