JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you attend gun shows?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 40 19.9%
  • Yes, but rarely.

Votes: 82 40.8%
  • Nope, I just don't bother any more.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • No, I never have.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Eh (burp) wut wuz duh (bromp!) ques'n?

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
I still do.
Get to meet up with folks and see whats out and for sale.
I don't do much buying in many "modern" gun shows.
Around here its mostly guns that don't really interest me much that are for sale.
You can see a good deal on ammo or other supplies at times.
With the new BGC rules I haven't seen as many walk ins with guns for sale or trade.
Which is a shame as you never knew what you might see...

At black powder shows I tend to spend more time and money.
All in all I still find it fun.
Andy

I don't bother since it's usually 3 hours to a gun show from here
Hopefully we'll get one going here cuz imma jonesin for one.
I left WA just about the time the "law" took effect. But some shows (most) ,all the venders must have been selling gold and silver guns. Very seldom was there great deals any more

Last Edited:
not anymore , the parking cost, admission fee for me and my son, and the high price vendors
it is more then likely I can buy it new at bi mart or another store cheaper so I gave up a few years ago with gun shows :(

I live about 5 minutes from the Expo Center.
I park at the MAX parking and walk. Only cost is entry.
Usually it's to get bulk ammo, or meet a couple of buddies that have tables there.
Occassionally, magazines, but more often than not, I go home after wandering for a while.

I do wish that the organizers had a table for BGC so private sales could happen there. I think you would see some more unique firearms if that were to happen.

The last show I contributed to was in Centralia at the fair grounds, near five years ago. The place was packed with lots of lookers, prices were ridiculous. I made one round passed all the tables, and frustratingly left empty handed.

I support the brick and mortar, and online for my needs

The last show I contributed to was in Centralia at the fair grounds, near five years ago. The place was packed with lots of lookers, prices were ridiculous. I made one round passed all the tables, and frustratingly left empty handed.

I support the brick and mortar, and online for my needs

Same here, I probably bumped into you not even noticing, too many inconsiderate people there (prolly the same slobs who go shooting and leave all their trash)... plus the prices are way too friggin high for used guns....o_Oo_Oo_O

I do not attend. I've been to exactly 1, with a member here. Overall, I don't see much value in them, unless you're looking for something unique or you really want to put hands on a variety of guns. Talking to others, I get a lot of the same stories - overpriced stuff and vendors that aren't that willing to negotiate. That, and I really don't care for crowds of people - small groups are fine, but I'd rather avoid big groups except when really necessary - I'm just anti-social that way ;)

When I get hungry for grossly overpriced beef jerky for my kids I go to gun shows. Or if I want to look for powder I dont have that they don't have either I go there. If I want unknown reloads. Otherwise I stay at home. Last gun I bought at a gun show was in 1993 for a Mac 11/9 semi .

I go. Mostly cause its something to do. But also cause there's this old couple that often shows up to them that sells fudge. I'd buy a pound everytime I saw them. And I normally hate fudge. :eek:

Plus where else would I find all those tacticool scopes and zombie killer knives? :D

I still go occasionally, to buy bulk reman's for practice and plinking.

When I do go, I walk the tables, I like to check out the knives, defensive ammo, books and surplus! It's been about three years since I found a gun to buy. Mostly overpriced on the guns!

As the value of gun shows is gone I still enjoy going with my buddy just to see whats out there. Every once in a while you find a guy that is selling something for a good deal.

It's a good place to look/touch different guns. I went to a show a week ago with a friend. I looked at some 9x18 Makarov guns; which wouldn't been able to be seen in some of the LGS's that I normally go to.

I've been to two in the last 5 years. Didn't buy anything either time. I don't rule them out, but deals are better found online than at the tables. YMMV.

yes... I'm always wanting to shop the latest in walk in showers and sample beef jerky. but yes, I still go on one day, couple hours, take in the sights, get a $7 hot dog, maybe a $4 water. Maybe even a $7 coors lite. you know, live a little.

Basically one show per year now - if that. And usually Hillsboro to skip the rapacious parking fee at Expo.

The big show was useful last year, though, when my sweetheart wanted to handle a lot of pocket pistols. I was amused by the varied jive from the salespeople, depending on what they thought the cute blonde lady wanted to hear.

I do my research and buy guns from stores, saving the gun show for magazines, bulk ammo, cases, cans, slings, cheapo optics to try, etc.

I've been looking (in vain it seems) for this "gunshow loophole" that keeps spewing from the noise holes of hack politicians. Haven't found the elusive loophole yet. Must be some imaginary bullshjt invented for the purpose of duping gullible voters. Damn sheep...

I long ago quit. Last couple times all I was seeing was junk or nice guns at way too high prices. I know there is always some deals to find, I just got tired of paying to get in and see nothing. Last one I bothered with was many years into the mag ban. Co worker gave me a couple in the wrapper M9 mags. I did not have anything for them so off to next show I went. Right away I found a guy with some like new P-89 mags. Think he wanted $50 each for them. I showed him what I had offered to trade. He jumped on it. I was happy. Since I paid my entrance I looked around and as usual saw nothing I wanted.

Yeah I like to go once in awhile, you can find stuff to handle sometimes that isn't regularly available and even now if you are careful there are items to be had, a little conversation, maybe a walk away, or if it's something you really want, come back Sunday afternoon. Still fun for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top