JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you attend gun shows?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 40 19.9%
  • Yes, but rarely.

Votes: 82 40.8%
  • Nope, I just don't bother any more.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • No, I never have.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Eh (burp) wut wuz duh (bromp!) ques'n?

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
I still go now and then. In my mind I justify it as entertainment related to my favorite hobby, in which case $20 for parking/entry and $6 for a beer isn't all that bad. If I were to go hoping to find a deal good enough to cover my costs and then some I'm positive I'd be disappointed as the deals just aren't there.

After years of hearing great things, I finally made it down to the Rickreall show Saturday morning. It was great not paying for parking and the $6 admission was well worth it. Unfortunately there weren't many deals to be had and I still saw table upon table with $40 bricks of 22LR.

Why/why not? 4 reasons.

1. Being able to perform a thorough research on a product before buying is next to impossible at a gun show with the technology I carry.

2. I don't care-much for being in crowds since the club bombings in Germany (late 80s).

3. One of the imperatives (for me) if buying a firearm is to have the most-private transaction possible; impossible at a gun show.

4. The last show I was going to enter was 2009ish; at the Salem fairgrounds; they had a sign posted requiring people to unload their CWs....no deal.

"Hats off" to all the people who are out trying to make a living.

Not any longer the selection just isn't there and If I want to pay retail ill go to a retail location somewhere that doesn't charge an admissions fee and other associated costs. Not sure why anyone would go and pay to get into a location to get guys they could get at the same price or less at a sporting goods shop without an admissions fee.

Because of my work schedule, I no longer have time for the gun shows. Granted I could request time off.

But I don't need to spend anymore money I don't have lol..... I don't care to deal with public transportation, and I don't like big crowds.

Yeah maybe from time to time one can run into a good, maybe even a great deal. I got what I need and if there is something I need (ammo, parts, upgrades etc.) I will buy online, save myself the time, hassle, and interaction with degenerates in public... :D

If I run into a local business and they have something nice, that is also an option.

Went to the WAC show this past weekend. First time in 2 years. Found a good deal on a 9mm, 1911. Brought it home. The guy beat internet prices. Wife picked up some steel targets and target stands. Again, beat internet prices. We came home happy. Will probably be a few months before we go back.

Prices during these very political times has caused a lot of problems with suppliers. The gun shows have reflected these troubling times also. We are now in a situation that will stabilize the country for many years to come. I see a bright future for gun owners.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top