JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the '80's I used to strap a pilots signal strobe under the seat of my bicycle for night riding in the Hollywood hills. Not long after I started doing this bicycle rear strobe lights came to market in the bike stores. Coincidence?

That said if I feel the need for an emergency strobe I grab one off the back of one of my ebikes. My favorite has various settings including constant on, red, white, SOS, etc.. Very bright and VERY good battery life.

Believe it or not, Glow sticks can really put out some light, and they can last more then 48 hours in certain conditions! They have some now that run in the I.R. range, so they can be seen through FLiR and certain versions of NOD! Add to that and Marine Emergency strobe to your kit and your set! Not cheap, but they are built to last and they seem to have exceptional battery life!

One of my favorites with a long runtime is a little 9V..it is an IR diode, but I believe they make them in the visible spectrum.
This one is a bit old and starting to yellow...Phoenix Jr
Edit to Add: It is surprisingly bright.
17D989C9-9D6D-4E72-B65B-64590EF5E2F2.jpeg

Surefire helmet lights have a great IR strobe, they can be used a a flashlight and there are MOLLE mounts available.

StreamLight SideWinders are multi-purpose.
Sidewinder

First-Light makes a great multi-function Strobe.
TOMAHAWK Archives - First-Light USA

Last Edited:
Yes, a stobe is still useful. Get to the most clear area or high point of course. Even under some canopy there'll be some light shining through and it's very unnatural so it stands out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top