JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went shooting today at "A Place to Shoot", a local range here in Santa Clarita, CA- before I went to the range I stopped by Walmart for some AAA batteries. Of course I stopped by the ammo/shooting Dept., and saw this Tasco 3-9 x50 riflescope being blown out for $6. I had no optics on my Spike's ST-15, so of course I jumped on it. It may not be a Vortex or Leopould scope, but for beer money it's pretty good- I still have some zeroing to do, but it works for now!
14368820_1228345953884813_385964226326125148_n.jpg
14292305_1228345990551476_725477661071297478_n.jpg
14292394_1228318837220858_8629999011500009353_n.jpg
Geno

Nice price. I've tried one of those. They are good for about 50 to 100 yards and will hold up OK on a .22 or airsoft rifle. That's about all the recoil they can handle. Your .223 may or may not do it in. Don't put it on a .308 or a 12 gauge. And don't drop it. Looks nice on that AR.

Yes, a buddy who does competition shooting told me it's .22/ Airsoft scope too. But for $6, I threw it on my AR-15 before I went shooting and was able to shoot decently at 50-100 yds. If it looses it's accuracy over time it was only $6- I should have a better scope on the rifle by that time. The range I was shooting at also has steel targets at 200 yds. on the hill above- I was even able to hit some of them a few times.

Geno

Not bad. I've had those on .243, .223, 30-06, .308 and the like. Currently have one on my Marlin model 60. Except I paid more. I think I got ripped off after seeing your price.

Cheap is good. If it doesn't work out then, oh well at least one you didn't waste a lot of money to find out. I bet that you'll get your six bucks and then some out of it.
Nice find.

Take a rubber mallet and give your $6.00 scope a few whacks.
If it holds true, it's a win, win.
If not, then you found out what a $6.00 scope is worth.

Last Edited:
I am a newcomer to using optics on an AR, so picking my first scope red dot was a mystery to me- so many people have their opinion of what is the best scope, and when you look it up online it's usually a $350-500 optic. That's alot of money to sink into an optic just based on someone's opinion. This scope, as cheap and basic as it may be, was perfect for me- I learned what size fits the top of the rail and what doesn't, what mounts I'm gonna need to clear the charging handle, the value of having uncovered adjustable turrets, and what more magnification will bring. When I buy my second scope I expect it improve my aim and shooting just that much more- but for now this scope will do the job. AND IT COST ME $6.

Geno

I am a newcomer to using optics on an AR, so picking my first scope red dot was a mystery to me- so many people have their opinion of what is the best scope, and when you look it up online it's usually a $350-500 optic. That's alot of money to sink into an optic just based on someone's opinion. This scope, as cheap and basic as it may be, was perfect for me- I learned what size fits the top of the rail and what doesn't, what mounts I'm gonna need to clear the charging handle, the value of having uncovered adjustable turrets, and what more magnification will bring. When I buy my second scope I expect it improve my aim and shooting just that much more- but for now this scope will do the job. AND IT COST ME $6.

Geno
Bravo to you.

Doing what you see is best is the greatest thing, even if it's against the opinion of arm chair operators on the internet.

Learn the weapon, shoot it and have fun.

i live outside city limits and though i like our leo"s i neef my rifle when the dogs light off regardless of weather we have rain, snow ot a moon lit night. i need my rifle functional and that means a decent weather proof scope. i know what i am willing to trust with my families safety and this arm chair does not trust 6.00 bargain scopes. Good for you as it is a learning experience i hope you never really need to depend on it.

Now that you've "Scoped " your AR, the next purchase should be an extended lever for your charging handle. It will allow you to operate your charging handle with the palm of your left hand while holding onto the pistol grip with your right.;)

I was just at Harbor Freight and they offered me an angle grinder for $5 for spending more than $50. I took it. It looks really cheap and probably is, but somebody in the future will be able to open that lock they lost the key to, and I won't have to remember to ask for my grinder back. Well, I'll probably have some real money in the blade. :D

Last Edited:
I prefer different kinds of optics on various weapons.

Sounds to me like a good way to size up if I'd want to invest in a traditional glass scope on that particular rifle - or perhaps something else.

In order to evaluate physical size, weight, reticles, relief, power, mounts, feel, etc., much good preliminary info can be acquired here for a mere 6 bucks.

Last Edited:
i live outside city limits and though i like our leo"s i neef my rifle when the dogs light off regardless of weather we have rain, snow ot a moon lit night. i need my rifle functional and that means a decent weather proof scope. i know what i am willing to trust with my families safety and this arm chair does not trust 6.00 bargain scopes. Good for you as it is a learning experience i hope you never really need to depend on it.
There are multiple different uses for firearms, as well as multiple different requirements by different people.

Some of us have firearms that only server non critical purposes, in fact, 90% of mine are exactly that. If i can spend $6 on a scope of something i might have some fun with once in a blue moon, i'll do it.

If i have a firearm that i need to depend on, as you do, then i will be very careful with the choices i make for it.

Beyond dubious durability, optically speaking, and outside of the controlled lighting of a professional range, it will leave you wanting.
Personally, I'd never pay less than $6.50 for optics:s0002:

The really odd thing would be for one to put any sort of scope, to include that new one trillion dollar jobber, on toppa a regular common fighting carbine.

wtf

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads