JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The big difference between cheap glass and good glass is brightness and durability. I've long mocked people for taking a gun that had no sights to the range rather than topping it with one of these little budget miracles. Sure, it's no nightforce, but for <$100 I see no reason to complain. I've had a number of these tasco 3-9x40 and even a few 3-9x50 scopes on all kinds of different rifles over the years, and I never found a thing to complain about that wasn't balanced out by what I paid for the optic. I'm still saving up for a Zeiss Conquest, but I'm debating whether I want to keep saving for an ACOG. A crappy sight is usually better than no sight. And frankly, when it comes to AR's a 3-4 power scope is going to give you way better target acquisition than a dot-sight is going to.

The big difference between cheap glass and good glass is brightness and durability. I've long mocked people for taking a gun that had no sights to the range rather than topping it with one of these little budget miracles. Sure, it's no nightforce, but for <$100 I see no reason to complain. I've had a number of these tasco 3-9x40 and even a few 3-9x50 scopes on all kinds of different rifles over the years, and I never found a thing to complain about that wasn't balanced out by what I paid for the optic. I'm still saving up for a Zeiss Conquest, but I'm debating whether I want to keep saving for an ACOG. A crappy sight is usually better than no sight. And frankly, when it comes to AR's a 3-4 power scope is going to give you way better target acquisition than a dot-sight is going to.
Well said. I have a 1-4X Weaver that did slug duty on a shotgun for some time. It's going on one of my ARs next for 25 to 200 yard shooting. Maybe a quick disconnect and some flip up irons.

The really odd thing would be for one to put any sort of scope, to include that new one trillion dollar jobber, on toppa a regular common fighting carbine.

wtf
i disagree completely with your statement. i have found a lot of utility with a low powered (1-4) powered scope. My scopes cost between 350 to 500 dollars so they arent super exspensive but many companies in that price range make a good solid scope.

I miss the old, basic, 4x scopes. Nobody manufactures them any more, and I wonder why not? They did the job and were about as reliable as anything could be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top