JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just purchase a Ithaca model 37 20 ga. researched it and it DOB is 1939. the dilemma is to blue or not to blue? the receiver has someones name in-graved on it, the metal is 50% at best. the butt stock will need repaired or replaced. so what do you guys think? I think its a keeper either way.

I don't think you are going to hurt it's value by rebluing it or replacing the stock. There were tons of them made. I have one (my first shotgun) that my dad bought for me new in 1969 that has had literally thousands of rounds thru it. If anything, it got better the more I shot it.

Blue it. I am with Cougfan2 on this one. Take some time a restore it to its origional glory. I use to do this kind of thing with my Dad and when he passed, I got some great looking guns that we had restored when i was a kid. looking forward to doing the same with my kid some day. Just my 2 cents.

SHE's done, had to replace a little wood on the butt stock, reblue and refinish the stock. Could not get all the dent out of the stock but it turn out nice for a 72 year old. IM listing it the the nproper forum.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top