JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting question. As much as I hate to see guns destroyed, this is, in the grand scheme of things, a very small number of guns, it's not like their destruction would impact the number of guns available in this country.

My personal preference is to leave the decision to the victims and their families. I understand that there are a variety of views among them, but in this case, perhaps it's best to run with the majority opinion. If that's to destroy them, if for no other reason than to help give some peace to those folks impacted directly by this, then so be it. If that's to sell them and put the sales into a victims fund, then that's great too. As others have said, guns are just tools, but to the victim of a crime, a gun, a knife, a pencil, can most certainly carry an emotional weight that may not be easily dismissed by simply saying "it's a tool". I would ultimately prefer to give the victims the final say and go from there.

I don't know if you folks remember the 2 girls that were kidnapped and murdered in Oregon City back in 2002 by a POS named Ward Weaver? It happened just a few miles from where I live and in a place I drove by almost every day. My wife and I went to school with the mother of one of the girls. While we weren't directly impacted by this, the whole event hit our town hard, as it was an event unlike anything that had happened there before. It felt personal to a lot of folks. When the time came to decide what to do with his house, which sat right on a main road, in clear view of everyone, the families decided they wanted it torn down. There was discussion of turning the house over to someone who could use it, or maybe make it into a shelter for abuse victims. But the pain of seeing that home was too much for them to bear, so they got rid of it. Maybe it didn't make a huge difference overall, but it brought a little peace and closure to the families.

So again, I say let the victims decide, whatever the majority of them choose. I don't see a moral dilemma here.

No morality issues involved.

The guns are inanimate objects. No morality or emotion attaches.

It is the human who did the immoral act.

Don't tell the buyer who they came from and the buyer will not have problems with the guns themselves.

I had 5 family members that were very close and dear to me that were killed in two separate circumstances. I own both of the guns that were used. I do not blame the guns. Only the person who pulled the trigger. I have memories when I see the guns involved but they are the same memories I would have had, had the guns been destroyed.

14856_464335590292446_227737923_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Sure, why not. it's not like anyone normal is gonna want to buy 'em.
While I feel it may also be PR effective to also bulldoze this guy's home as well (at this point it's all about symbolism). I can see how some sort of symbolic closure could be achieved by destroying the weapons, after allowing an appropriate length of time to retain everything required for evidence.

:rolleyes: Turning the suite into a permanent memorial could also be an option, but I'm sure the hotel would rather not lose the revenue or it's admit any of it's own culpability.
Why dost at the suite? Doze the hotel and make that the memorial. You know, think of the children....

Not a "moral dilemma", just virtue-signaling BS. By this "logic" we should also burn down the hotel, shred the luggage carts he moved the guns with, crush the car he drove there in, bulldoze the music venue, and prosecute the hotel help that rented him the room.
I find the hypocrisy here very disappointing. In other threads most assert that guns are just tools, incapable of thought or malicious action, yet here we have guns that are somehow to blame.
if there are two or more freaks who want them because of their history, that will drive the price up and result in more compensation for the victims. That is the best outcome I can see here.

Stories like this are why I don't listen/read the news. I DO read here because I value youse guys opinions, many times I just pass by. I don't really care, nobody cares what I think, or what y'all think. Fantastical news stories are just put out there to get people all worked up, watching, and soaking up that big money advertising.

My opinion? Do what ever you want with the guns. I don't care one way or the other.

"A San Francisco software executive has donated more than $62,000 to try to ensure that the cache of firearms that was owned by the gunman in the Las Vegas massacre will be destroyed."

New york times article

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads