JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just purchase a Ithaca model 37 20 ga. researched it and it DOB is 1939. the dilemma is to blue or not to blue? the receiver has someones name in-graved on it, the metal is 50% at best. the butt stock will need repaired or replaced. so what do you guys think? I think its a keeper either way.

I don't think you are going to hurt it's value by rebluing it or replacing the stock. There were tons of them made. I have one (my first shotgun) that my dad bought for me new in 1969 that has had literally thousands of rounds thru it. If anything, it got better the more I shot it.

Blue it. I am with Cougfan2 on this one. Take some time a restore it to its origional glory. I use to do this kind of thing with my Dad and when he passed, I got some great looking guns that we had restored when i was a kid. looking forward to doing the same with my kid some day. Just my 2 cents.

SHE's done, had to replace a little wood on the butt stock, reblue and refinish the stock. Could not get all the dent out of the stock but it turn out nice for a 72 year old. IM listing it the the nproper forum.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top