JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes and no. They are similar, but not equal.
I understand from a technical perspective they might not be the same, it just seems like they share many of the same functions and rewards. I could care less about facebook, twitter and the like but NWFA sucks me in for hours per day and I bet it triggers the same points in the brain that facebook does.

I understand from a technical perspective they might not be the same, it just seems like they share many of the same functions and rewards. I could care less about facebook, twitter and the like but NWFA sucks me in for hours per day and I bet it triggers the same points in the brain that facebook does.

Possibly, if you consider yourself essentially addicted to using the site, spend hours on it during the week which prevents you from accomplishing things in your real life, and "interact" with people on it far more than you do in real life, sure, they might.

A stark contrast would be the monetization and tracking of your time / clicks, screen pauses, etc. Basically, NWFA doesn't every moment you use it, monitor your preferences and then adjust to show you more of what grabs your attention to maximize your screen time.

I consider NWFA and other forums, social media. Does anybody feel it's not?
I guess it depends on one's definition but NWFA is night and day different from the big...and evil...sites like FB and Twatter.

A key and enormous difference is that there are no algorithms on gun forums controlling the information that gets presented to you. Everything is presented clearly in essentially a list format and you can choose what you see/click on and what you don't.

I also suspect that your personal data isn't mined and sold in anywhere near the extent that it is on social media sites like FB and Twatter.

Rules of engagement are also applied much more consistently on this forum compared to what Zuck and Dorsey do, where they blatantly attack, ban, etc., conservative viewpoints and then lie about doing so to Congress. :rolleyes:

The Social Dilemma is a must watch and particularly if you have kids.

I guess it depends on one's definition but NWFA is night and day different from the big...and evil...sites like FB and Twatter.

A key and enormous difference is that there are no algorithms on gun forums controlling the information that gets presented to you. Everything is presented clearly in essentially a list format and you can choose what you see/click on and what you don't.

I also suspect that your personal data isn't mined and sold in anywhere near the extent that it is on social media sites like FB and Twatter.

Rules of engagement are also applied much more consistently on this forum compared to what Zuck and Dorsey do, where they blatantly attack, ban, etc., conservative viewpoints and then lie about doing so to Congress. :rolleyes:

The Social Dilemma is a must watch and particularly if you have kids.
The irony is that I dropped Netflix when they started getting all SJW.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top