JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a co-business owner.. I claim zero and yet still owed money.. Thats just sickening.
Wasnt in the red at all and yet we ended up owing around $3000..

Not a fan of the IRS.
My new toy WOULD have been:
A PT709 or Gen 4 G26.

I pay quarterly. I always owe. It is absolutely sickening how much I pay. If everyone had to pay quarterly and write checks instead of letting the government take a little each check, I'm sure there would have been a tax revolt a long time ago. Now people act like the government is 'giving' them something when they get a return and are happy about it.

Firearms.

Guns.

Ammo.

THere. I met the requisite.

We try to maximize our 401k and charitable giving to break even each year. I figure why let obongo play with our retirement $$ and then return some of it at the end of the year as if getting some sort of bonus.

We try to maximize our 401k and charitable giving to break even each year. I figure why let obongo play with our retirement $$ and then return some of it at the end of the year as if getting some sort of bonus.
I max out my 401K and Roth IRA every year to minimize my tax bill.

But I still have to tweak my exemptions to try to match what I expect to pay - but each exemption is almost $4K of income so it is hard to match exactly. I think you can tweak it finer by telling your employer to pull out an additional dollar amount or you can pay into EFTPS. This year I was off quite a bit because I had a timber sale, but I don't think I will have to pay a penalty - if I do it should be minimal. I should have paid into EFTPS last year but I had a lot of expenses rebuilding the road the logging destroyed.

Haw! Tax refund! That's funny!~

As a small business owner I managed to lose money and still end up paying the state and federal government over 20% of my gross intake! I ended up working 3000 hours to not even break even while the government made more than $25,000 off my labor!

The American Dream!

Our Snap-On guy is a hard working, young family man. I know he busts his butt to take care of his family.
He stated that even after paying his quarterly tax bills he owes $40,000! How the hell is a guy supposed to get ahead when the Government hammers that hard?

^^In a book by Dr James Wardner called The Selling of America he explains how this is a long term plan to demoralize and reduce the expectations of the middle class.

Since my wife retired this year we over deducted, so we bagged a monster! We'll have it tuned by next year.
Since I just bought a revolver and expensive pocket knife no firearms from this check. Taking a trip and substantial repairs on my truck.

Our Snap-On guy is a hard working, young family man. I know he busts his butt to take care of his family.
He stated that even after paying his quarterly tax bills he owes $40,000! How the hell is a guy supposed to get ahead when the Government hammers that hard?

They're not supposed to.... at least the hard working aren't supposed to. (eta: under the current leaders plan that is)

Last Edited:
My wife makes good money (she is an accountant and been with the same company for 24 years) And I basically make no money (self employed, turn quite a few dollars but none ever end up being mine). Once in a while it works out really well for her because If I ended up losing $20K for the year she gets all her money back (a $3-4 grand refund) Once in a while it works out really bad for her because if I made a little money she gets nothing back. What I find really odd about it is either way its no good for me. If she gets a big refund because I did bad then its her money and it had nothing to do with anything I did (and she us upset I am not doing well) but if we end up having to pay because I did well she is mad because she is not getting a refund and I have to pay anything we owe out of my pocket anyway.

Had to pay both state and federal, but not too much, bought a Ruger LCP Custom anyway. Yes it is a improvement over a 'standard' LCP. the trigger is no smoother, but it is wider and more comfortable to me.
I have not shot it yet so I do not know if the stainless steel guide rod will make any difference. Sights are better.

I love the IRS, they give me a better reason to dislike the government.

My wife makes good money (she is an accountant and been with the same company for 24 years) And I basically make no money (self employed, turn quite a few dollars but none ever end up being mine). Once in a while it works out really well for her because If I ended up losing $20K for the year she gets all her money back (a $3-4 grand refund) Once in a while it works out really bad for her because if I made a little money she gets nothing back. What I find really odd about it is either way its no good for me. If she gets a big refund because I did bad then its her money and it had nothing to do with anything I did (and she us upset I am not doing well) but if we end up having to pay because I did well she is mad because she is not getting a refund and I have to pay anything we owe out of my pocket anyway.
It is pretty sad the system works that way because it discourages the middle class from hard work. I learned back in the '90s that anything beyond 10-hrs OT per week became no benefit to me and my family.

The other 1st world problem is getting a bonus and having .gov take 40-45% right off the top where the only valuable response is to thank God for a little extra that came along, because getting angry makes me bitter as an individual does nothing for me personally.

None of this is news since our forefathers faced similar issues. Always a king of sorts increasing his taxation...

I'll let you know when I finally finish my 2014 taxes. I did enough to know that I won't owe any then filed the extension. I hate doing the taxes, mostly because I totally suck at the record keeping that goes with owning rental property.

That said, I did just buy myself a new Hobart Handler 210 MVP welder and a Milwaukee portable bandsaw.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top