JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last time I checked at one of the local Walmarts (Everett, I think it was), they had CCI CB caps. Only, no other rimfire or centerfire ammo. It was a pretty good sized stack of CB caps. Which have their uses.

We have guys listing 223 / 556 for $1 a round still when there are multiple sites that will deliver for under 65cpr.

62gr IMI keeps popping up for 60cpr, yet people here are still asking $1.....

If you've been bogarting ammo to make every penny you can on the resell, I have some bad news lol
When I find the ammo, I just buy the minimum since all I'm looking for these days is .22. Not obsessively and its never being sold for astronomical prices. I sold some that I had and it was only decent in price as the guy was taking an offer for his brother and I at least had the ammo and gave him a little extra. Worked out as I was able to replace what I sold for about the same amount. I also don't buy with the intent to sell but I will usually respond if someone is really in need and I can pass a box or two that isn't outrageous.
Anything that's above 7 cents a round is staying there usually but if its actually good stuff like CCI, its gone quick.

Last time I checked at one of the local Walmarts (Everett, I think it was), they had CCI CB caps. Only, no other rimfire or centerfire ammo. It was a pretty good sized stack of CB caps. Which have their uses.
Yep I bought a couple of those too. Not sure where I'll use em but I'm not sure if they'll work in my Henry. They don't recommend them in it.

Not sure where I'll use em but I'm not sure if they'll work in my Henry. They don't recommend them in it.
I've used them mostly for critter ridders around my place without disturbing the neighbors. Raccoons, mainly. Yes, they will kill a raccoon with a proper shot. I've always fired them in full-length barrel rifles with no problems, I don't know why they wouldn't work in a Henry. The CCI's have a case that is the same length as a .22 short. I haven't had any trouble using them in some of my repeaters. Admittedly, I haven't tried them in my Ruger 77-22, I'm not sure they'd work in the rotary magazine.

The CCI CB's are pretty quiet in a rifle barrel. Not so in a pistol barrel. The difference is surprising.

I've used them mostly for critter ridders around my place without disturbing the neighbors. Raccoons, mainly. Yes, they will kill a raccoon with a proper shot. I've always fired them in full-length barrel rifles with no problems, I don't know why they wouldn't work in a Henry. The CCI's have a case that is the same length as a .22 short. I haven't had any trouble using them in some of my repeaters. Admittedly, I haven't tried them in my Ruger 77-22, I'm not sure they'd work in the rotary magazine.

The CCI CB's are pretty quiet in a rifle barrel. Not so in a pistol barrel. The difference is surprising.
There are the CCI "quiet" that are the same velocity as well as CB's in LR form instead of the shorts. The quiets are available (in stock) to buy on CCI's website still..... https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/quiet-22/6-960.html

1626452973518.png
1626453023126.png
1626453089334.png

Those CCI Quiet are quite impressive. When they first hit I bought some just to play with. All my .22's are semi's. In the pistols they will not cycle the slide but do not jam either. Just have to manually cycle the slide each time. They are noticeably lower noise. When I was first playing with them I noticed that they were super accurate in all my pistols too. That part I was not expecting. first time I shot some I had the indoor range to myself so I took off my hearing protection to try them. Was not loud enough to be uncomfortable. First thing I thought is these would be grand for people who live where they can legally use a .22 on pest's but have people living close enough that they do not want to disturb the others without paying for a suppressor.

CCI "Quiets" have dispatched more than a few birds and bunnies that the cats got ....and a few raccoons that just wouldn't learn.
They are quiet and accurate ...at least from my guns.
Andy
That's what I'm looking for if it does come into my path. I'm looking for ammo that is quiet that u don't have to be so worried about overshot. It's like firing an air pellet gun I suppose? Only the pellet guns are single loaders and if you miss a small mammal, there's no chance for a second shot as my pellets are single load only.

That's what I'm looking for if it does come into my path. I'm looking for ammo that is quiet that u don't have to be so worried about overshot. It's like firing an air pellet gun I suppose? Only the pellet guns are single loaders and if you miss a small mammal, there's no chance for a second shot as my pellets are single load only.
I have only fired them in my revolver or a single shot rifle...so I am not sure how or if they will work in a autoloader....
But yes it is a lot like a pellet rifle...with a bit more oomph.
Andy

You can also try Aguila colibri they have two velocities available now colibri is 420 fps and super is 590 both are in LR cases. It doesn't have powder just primer material and a 20 gr pointed bullet. When it first came out there was only one and it cleared a 20" barrel fine. The regular works fine in pistols and the super is for rifles makes for a fun time and does the job on unwanted vermin.

If you were closer I could set ya up with both of those as well as the CCI Quiet. Just order some of the quite from CCI's website the shipping is free on a brick and doesn't take that long.

Yes they will do that VERY well. When I first tried them I was at an indoor range. Had the place to myself so I took off the hearing protection to try. Inside where its all concrete the sound was more than a pellet gun but not uncomfortable with protection. This was in a hand gun. In a rifle they would not bother the shooter at all outside and sound would not travel nearly as far. This is assuming the place someone wants to use them it is legal to shoot. Did not try them in my rifles but in 2 semi pistols I had with me they worked great. Did not cycle the slide so they did not jam. I could just fire, cycle and fire till I went through a mag. For a .22 lever or pump? Follow up shots would be just as simple as with "normal" ammo. An unexpected thing for me was how accurate they were. I was just playing with them and they were making some impressive groups. Pistols seemed to really like them.

Yes they will do that VERY well. When I first tried them I was at an indoor range. Had the place to myself so I took off the hearing protection to try. Inside where its all concrete the sound was more than a pellet gun but not uncomfortable with protection. This was in a hand gun. In a rifle they would not bother the shooter at all outside and sound would not travel nearly as far. This is assuming the place someone wants to use them it is legal to shoot. Did not try them in my rifles but in 2 semi pistols I had with me they worked great. Did not cycle the slide so they did not jam. I could just fire, cycle and fire till I went through a mag. For a .22 lever or pump? Follow up shots would be just as simple as with "normal" ammo. An unexpected thing for me was how accurate they were. I was just playing with them and they were making some impressive groups. Pistols seemed to really like them.
This!! Yes! I don't know how many new .22s will come in my future but hoping to get a few where the ammo works well for the application. Haven't got a pistol or 6+ shooter yet but rats make great targets for practice. This is what I'm normally shooting out of my air pellet rifles but it's my aim to find a repeat option that sounds like a cap gun than anything else.

This!! Yes! I don't know how many new .22s will come in my future but hoping to get a few where the ammo works well for the application. Haven't got a pistol or 6+ shooter yet but rats make great targets for practice. This is what I'm normally shooting out of my air pellet rifles but it's my aim to find a repeat option that sounds like a cap gun than anything else.
As long as its legal where you live you should find them to work fantastic. They are not as quiet as a suppressor but they do not have nearly the sound of normal ammo. To anyone down the road they would sound like an air gun if they could hear them at all. Neat ammo idea they came up with.

The ONLY way I could get CCI Quiet to fully feed and cycle, at 720 FPS, was to get this "prototype bolt", which weighs less than half of the factory steel bolt at 5-ounces:
YVP4SsL.png
The same with a Ruger 10/22 that I wanted to have fully feed and cycle that very same ammunition was to install the Volquartsen "Firefly" light weight bolt. Just changing springs would not do the job I wanted:
2yAYS2U.jpg
Now, when shooting these two guns, the only noise is from the bolt face hitting the breech face. The rounds fired are almost as quiet as a chipmunk fart.
A bolt action .22 rifle with suppressor and the CCI Quiet at 720 FPS is "scary" quiet.

Last Edited:
A few days ago I shot some of the Federal Punch Defense .22 rimfire ammunition through three of my .22 rifles:
2vJavMN.jpg
And chronographed the velocity. My recording was certainly much higher than the 1080 FPS that's claimed on their web-site, as I recorded 1600+ FPS out of my rifles.

A few days ago I shot some of the Federal Punch Defense .22 rimfire ammunition through three of my .22 rifles:
View attachment 997286
And chronographed the velocity. My recording was certainly much higher than the 1080 FPS that's claimed on their web-site, as I recorded 1600+ FPS out of my rifles.

Quoted from the Federal website: "Maximum velocity for energy and penetration; 1,070 fps through 2-inch barrel handguns, 1,650 fps out of 24-inch rifle barrels"

Looks like your tests have confirmed their claims!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top