JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I was shocked to see anything at walmart. The 22lr was also the only thing there was on the shelf. I gave two boxes away to family too.
Last couple panics Wally was one of the places that did not take advantage. They sold ammo at the same price as before as it came in. Many would drive from Wally to Wally to buy it to re-sell. Since they had limits I often used to wonder if they could actually make anything by the time they drove all over the county. A LOT of the Wally's no longer sell ammo at all so guess the ones that still do can get some now and then.

Last couple panics Wally was one of the places that did not take advantage. They sold ammo at the same price as before as it came in. Many would drive from Wally to Wally to buy it to re-sell. Since they had limits I often used to wonder if they could actually make anything by the time they drove all over the county. A LOT of the Wally's no longer sell ammo at all so guess the ones that still do can get some now and then.
I've seen good prices for ammo at Walmart except a couple boxes that went from being priced regularly around $10 a box to 16. Winchester 410s. Nothing special but I paid decent before then left those alone. I grabbed some Winchester 20 ga target boxes in the 100 pack at about $33 each and they were the AA clay target packs. I know these were more expensive before, I remember around 28-29 before.

And I knew that Winchester was moving prices up a bit too in percentage but I find it asinine to resell at a price double what you got it for. Those GunBroker sellers took advantage of it, of course but its treating it like ammo isn't available or made anymore. More back to the situation that people are going to start feeling silly that they bought that bucket of golden bullets from Remington at 250 when it regularly sold for 60-80 bucks. The heck are they gonna do with it later? Try and sell the same thing for the same price In 2 years or so? No way in hell does it cost 250 to make the ammo unless it were "precision bulk" but some may be forced to let go of their guns and ammo for other financial endeavors.

.....sounds like buying a bucket of bulk Lapua's but ok! ;) :s0023:

The Walmart and "Farm & Barn" up here in Northwestern Wisconsin only seems to sell to "select customers" as they never have any rimfire ammunition on the shelves.
I keep getting the same dang cart when I walk through the door and it seems to be programmed to go directly to the ammunition part of each store. Looks like "Mother Hubbard's" cupboard. A few dead flies, mouse turds, and dust.
Now am getting what's offered from CCI & Federal direct and delivered by UPS. Cost for shipping is free if order is over $100.00, hard to beat with the price of fuel continuing to go up due to the "Forgetful Ballerina" and what's expected to be run-away-inflation.
I'm not selling any .22 ammunition, but only to my dedicated customers, as I don't complain about what it costs now, I'm thinking lead will surpass silver & gold as for precious metal costs will be during a certain term of office.

Bimart has winchester silvertip 22lr. Just over $7 for 50. They are self defense rounds going 1060fps out of a 3" barrel according to the box! I got two boxes!

CCI Blazers @ $3.99 per 50 count box on the CCI site and Federal now has the .22 "Punch" defense rounds:

eKLhOmZ.jpg

Free shipping and no MPG wasted.

CCI Blazers @ $3.99 per 50 count box on the CCI site and Federal now has the .22 "Punch" defense rounds:

View attachment 991139

The Blazer price is still $4.99 on the site, same as before. 🤷‍♂️

I'd like to try the Federal Punch, but I can't put together a $150 order. 22Plinkster seemed to like it.

Sometimes paying the shipping is worth it, like you said, saves time, gas, and the aggravation of empty shelves or price gouging.

View attachment 991139

CCI is pricing the bulk Blazers at the same price as CCI Standard ($4.99 per box of 50). In my experience, the standards are more accurate, but the Blazers aren't bad. Used to be the Blazers we're significantly cheaper than the Standards or Min-Mags and were the best of the cheaper bulk ammo.
As for the Federal Punch, I am confused how the nickel plated 29 gr bullet is supposed to provide better penetration than a 40 gr solid bullet at comparable velocity. I thought sectional density was the key to penetration and that a heavier longer bullet at similar velocity would typically provide superior penetration?

CCI is pricing the bulk Blazers at the same price as CCI Standard ($4.99 per box of 50). In my experience, the standards are more accurate, but the Blazers aren't bad. Used to be the Blazers we're significantly cheaper than the Standards or Min-Mags and were the best of the cheaper bulk ammo.
As for the Federal Punch, I am confused how the nickel plated 29 gr bullet is supposed to provide better penetration than a 40 gr solid bullet at comparable velocity. I thought sectional density was the key to penetration and that a heavier longer bullet at similar velocity would typically provide superior penetration?
I'd like to see that comparison, too. Unfortunately, 22Plinkster only tested the Punch against the 32 gr, Stanger. About the same ballistic gel penetration but it looks like the Stanger wound cavity is larger. If you haven't seen it, the gel testing starts around 5:25.

Ammo scalpers better start selling off their stash, scored in Walmart 3 days in a row, bought a few Winchester red box 22, pawn shops got plenty of ammo in, a little expensive but it's showing up everywhere is seems

Ammo scalpers better start selling off their stash, scored in Walmart 3 days in a row, bought a few Winchester red box 22, pawn shops got plenty of ammo in, a little expensive but it's showing up everywhere is seems
As always happens that is exactly what will happen. TON's of this stuff is sitting with people who speculate and they will soon start to dump it before market drops. Causes a short glut at first. Then just like last time after no one is buying there will be some stranglers who will will be tossing up ad's trying to sell at panic prices and of course no one will bite. Its always humorous to me to see how many try to sell guns and ammo at panic price long after the panic ends. Often seem surprised when they of course can not get what they thought they would. :D

CCI is pricing the bulk Blazers at the same price as CCI Standard ($4.99 per box of 50). In my experience, the standards are more accurate, but the Blazers aren't bad. Used to be the Blazers we're significantly ceaper than the Standards or Min-Mags and were the best of the cheaper bulk ammo.
It'll fly at a faster rate but at a shorter distance the penetration would likely be more effective. I'm waiting for an explanation but I bought 2 boxes of this stuff and find it only reasonable for a pistol unless fired from shorter barreled rifles. I would have bought more but limits kept me at 2 boxes.
@Xperry: yes those scalpers are gonna be reaaaaaaally disappointed to not have made any money to show for this by blowing +200 bucks on 1000 rounds of Thunderbolts. But their fault thinking they should have bought it at then.

Last Edited:
I was just at one of the pawn shops that has a bunch of aguila 22 lr @ 5.00 for 50.told him in the last 4 days or so I bought at least 2500 rounds of cci mini mag and Winchester red box ( like cci box) for an average of 6 cpr. He made a funny face and said you're kidding me. We will see how long it takes to go down to sportsman warehouse prices. I think it was 3.49 or so

We have guys listing 223 / 556 for $1 a round still when there are multiple sites that will deliver for under 65cpr.

62gr IMI keeps popping up for 60cpr, yet people here are still asking $1.....

If you've been bogarting ammo to make every penny you can on the resell, I have some bad news lol

No bogarting, I have 26 22 rifles 4 of which are semi automatic, I bought most of my 22 ammo after the last great 22 shortage when the prices went back to normal..didn't get caught in this one, and won't get caught in the next. We all know all it takes is idiots talking about more gun control laws to start one. On a good note the idiots sell more guns With more gun control talk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top