JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You know I am trying to figure out the mind set of thread crappers in Classified ?
Here at NWFA seems they have a pretty good control over it. But elsewhere like FB where the new rave is to sell stuff I am pretty amazed at how people just lurke to pounce on another ads.
I have to say I am also a victim if you want to call it on thread crappers. Do they think they are like the internet police where someone might see and ad and buy it and are to stupid to do there own research ?

So I placed an ad for an item, the rules in the group do not allow thread crapping but as we know rules are for suckers in some people views. Now not writing this to whine about it, but truly makes no sense to me why people do it ?
So I bought a couple items a few years ago, I did some professional modifications and was listing them for about 25% more then I paid. I got three back to back post from three people thrashing me for my price. To be clear I paid about 265.00 and was selling for 325.00, free enterprise and all I felt my work to them was worth it plus a few ad-dons as well. So what drives people to tell others what they can charge for something ? You don't hear people calling the Milk companies saying hey thats too much. And people buy cars they know cost way less to build then they are paying. However doesn't seem to matter if one is selling a Firearm or a TV people get all worked up if the private sector tries to make a profit. By the way I did sell the item I had up for the exact price I was asking. In fact I seldom don't sell and item when I set it up for sale. A prime example I see are Ak's and SKS' and 10/22's people often as of late price these way way out of what many would say is worth. But I come from the school of thought don't like the price don't buy it. I am a honest seller, I don't hide anything and make sure 100% things work as they should, so why do people that don't know the seller decide now is the time to crap on someone item what makes them go I know more then everyone else and I decide who can sell mentality? The problem with that is in places that you can not remove their post only Admins can you are doomed to be caught in drama and so are any potential buyers. They have in someway damaged the possibility of a sale. In my case people know me where I sell at so I by-pass idiots that thread crap don't affect my sales. But I see others have to deal with thread crapping for just posting an item. I see in searches NWFA in the past had that issue that is since bit in the bud.

Thought for topic I have always wondered about and I do see it in gun group often then i would care of as gun owners you would think understand that making statements without facts is foolish and harmful yet I see it every day elsewhere. ( not here though )

The people you speak of fully believe that you are the "Newb" and they are the pro. They are letting you know, due to their infinate expertise, that your price is too high. I betcha they even believe they are doing you a service!

Now with me, I don't know NUTHIN', so I'm not inclined to say anything. I figure when I see a price that makes me choke a bit that someone will send a nice note to them, OR the item will sit there 'till the cows come home. Being the newbie, I've had a nice note sent to me on price, and it made sense so there was no hard feelings.

I've said it before though, some threads really, really need a crapping on sometimes too, but I don't go there. I don't want to be in trouble with the boss.

Every forum has its strategies and rules for addressing the problem. The approach I like the most is where only the person who lists the item can post in his for sale or trade thread. It eliminates the problem of people trashing the item or complaining about the price and it forces interested parties to directly contact the seller instead of posting their counteroffer in the thread.

That said, there are times when it is helpful to allow others to post in the thread of a seller. If there is a seller who is running a scam, i.e. selling counterfeit items or listing items he does not actually have, a knowledgeable forum member can spot and intervene before a moderator is even aware of the potential problem.

Also, some people like the chance to discuss an item that is for sale. It is very common for people to be interested in a firearm that they have no firsthand experience with so they ask a question about how it handles or whatever and someone who is not the seller answers the question and that response helps sell the item.

In my opinion, the opportunity to discuss is the thing that makes people comfortable with expressing their negative opinion about an item or the price being too high. Add to it, the reality that most people don't read the rules, remember all the rules, or feel obligated to follow rules they have a low regard for, and we get people screwing up other members' listings.

It's pretty easy - if someone didn't ask for your opinion on their price, keep your trap shut. It is very easy to let someone's listing just pass by if you don't like the price. The only time I comment on someone's price is if they asked the forum for their input. Otherwise, if they want to try and sell their stock 10/22 for $600, well, best of luck to you - if you get a buyer at that price, you are one lucky SOB.

Also, some people like the chance to discuss an item that is for sale. It is very common for people to be interested in a firearm that they have no firsthand experience with so they ask a question about how it handles or whatever and someone who is not the seller answers the question and that response helps sell the item.

This right here^^. It's kind of a bummer when sellers don't want any communication in an ad. I peruse ads all the time and some discussion related to the item for sale is many times interesting and informative. Sure, I could google it, but it's a family type thing here where I like to think I'm among friends and can learn a lot by just watching.

This right here^^. It's kind of a bummer when sellers don't want any communication in an ad. I peruse ads all the time and some discussion related to the item for sale is many times interesting and informative. Sure, I could google it, but it's a family type thing here where I like to think I'm among friends and can learn a lot by just watching.
Questions are awesome and for sure help build trust/communication .

Woah woah.. Everyone is an expert online and a badass behind a computer. Everyone of them has read every forum post and opinion about the item.

This is the only applicable picture:
image.jpeg

I remember one guy though.. selling a "Browning Hi-Power". Well, maybe it was a Browning or whatever but it was essentially more like a DA Smith 59 and whenever that soul was queried about particulars (there was a picture, golly) he attacked.
It was on the block here for a couple years.. don't know if he ever sold that thing.

MY Dad told me a long time ago that there are more horses behinds than there are horses.

That's good. Mine told me he was going to the grocery store, that was 33 years ago. Wonder if he got lost. I kid, I kid.

I try not to thread crap, I was guilty once when the newtown panic buying was happening and guys were selling pmags for $80 a piece.

There was a guy selling a used rifle the other day here that was considerably higher than current retail prices. I wanted to comment, but didn't.

People do some stupid things that deserve stupid comments.
Buy I hold my tongue.

I'll do it from time to time. Not when someone is optimistic on their pricing but when someone is trying to intentionally screw or scam the good folk here (Think recent gun safe for sale).

I do have a problem with the hypocritical rules on the matter ESPECIALLY on a forum "dedicated" to the second amendment, How can the FIRST be ignored?

I personally see a huge difference in calling someone out and just being a dick or disrespectful also. Its okay to tell someone they are out of line without being insulting, Really.

I try and think about my responses before I push the post reply button, but it's hard not to when a first time poster shows up and tries the old Armslist "Get it now, super rare, etc scam."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRToi4768ldZJIPA8_mZH4uBO7pPJjVRzcqfG0BjldSrGwTv77Wcw.jpg

I just hate everyone, And it's a prime opportunity to show everyone how smart I am and how stupid they are. Never mind I don't actually ever buy anything and just troll the classified looking for targets. And remember the more pissed off you get, really the better I feel and more likely I'll continue.

Did I mention I am 37 and live in my moms basement and don't actually own any guns?

Last Edited:

I honestly don't mind communication in my ads, so long as it's discussion or questions about the item for sale - no taking the ad off topic with something else (I've had that happen a few times). But I figure if folks have questions and we discuss it in the thread, it might help inform another potential buyer.

Now, please, don't make offers or attempt to negotiate in the thread, I will ignore you. Save the $$ discussions for a PM.

Here I don't mind a little ribbing as many may know quite a bit more about what I'm selling than I do. I relish the knowledge of the knowledgeable on things that go bang.;)
Out in the C/L world though, you'd better have some pretty thick skin and a lot of patience dealing with the Supreme jackals that offer 80% less than your asking price stating that they drove xxx amount of miles so you need to pay for their time and Gas money...... AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!:mad:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top