JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a site like this one has simply to see an unrealistic price, shake their head, and move on. On an auction site, one has only to scan through the finished adds for the items that ACTUALLY SELL to know what the TRUE market price of an item is. And all the others who over value their items are simply left... hoping.

In general, when I see a reserve price, or especially the word "rare", the "he's hoping" alarm goes off and I simply scroll on past.

Thread crappers should keep in mind that one day , that person whose ad or post you trashed , might just be the only source for an item you are in dire need of and may charge you double , just 'cause you were a knuckle head ...
Andy

I don't think I have ever thread crapped a seller. I tend to look at it and laugh and move on.
I have had two transactions recently that were for a firearm for my none-firearm related it made it tough to trade because of people that knew guns but didnt know my items Grrrr went for.

Eventually all went through, as others have mentioned it can come back and bite you in the arse.
I tend to at times sell 22LR locally at my cost or Bimarts cost I should say. I also trade SKS parts and others 10/22 parts these are often needed and people that thread crap get blacklisted by me and I wont sell even at double, triple yep I would :).

I however wont sell anything unless the buyer of what ever the item is happy. I am never in a hurry I tell a person check it out, and always utter these words or similar, "so is this what you wanted and were looking for? " I think the best way is build a reputation.
I have also sold items its practically a snatch and grab and is why I am clear in saying the above.

Looking back only thing i think went south was I was selling a gold plated relic from the 60's never said it was solid gold. I let the person inspect it and they paid me 75.00 about 6 years ago.
They weighed about 6oz ( back when gold was like 500.00 and oz) . They called me up telling me it was fraud. Ya cause I was selling 3 grand of gold for 75.00 the local pawn would have given me 2500 if it was solid. I would have considered a refund but seemed they were hoping to pull a fast on on me thinking it was solid and I was a idiot and honest person would have said dude your selling 3K of Gold for 75.00 and asked why. Boy in well over a 100+ online interactions that was the only one.

Thread crappers should keep in mind that one day , that person whose ad or post you trashed , might just be the only source for an item you are in dire need of and may charge you double , just 'cause you were a knuckle head ...
Andy
Good luck with that.. this is precisely why world class crappers prefer Glocks. true story

My first reply was mostly a reminder to the thread crappers to be nice to others , because they may need your help one day. I wouldn't really charge double just 'cause someone was a knuckle head.
I have however refused to sell to someone at a gunshow 'cause he is always a jerk and will bad mouth your price in a loud voice letting everyone in earshot know just how "over priced" your item is.
He was interested in a muzzleloading rifle I restored and after trash talking my work , the rifle itself and my price , he offered to buy it at a low price.
A young fella , who was just starting out in muzzleloading really liked the rifle , but could not afford what I asking.
He bought the rifle for what the jerk offered 'cause that was what he could afford to spend.
He asked why I sold the rifle to him but not the other guy and I told the buyer it was because he was nice about it.
Andy

Last Edited:
My first reply was mostly a reminder to the thread crappers to be nice to others , because they may need your help one day. I wouldn't really charge double just 'cause someone was a knuckle head.
I have however refused to sell to someone at a gunshow 'cause he is always a jerk and will bad mouth your price in a loud voice letting everyone in earshot know just how "over priced" your item is. Andy

LoL I know that guy, ok probably not the same guy but I know one here locally.

I admit upfront that I can be a jerk at times, but it takes everything I can muster to not comment on a single digit n00b poster trying to sell it's MAK90 for $1100.00....

I have been around the block with MAKs and every other AK and I have a pretty good idea of what they are worth and the thought of someone just showing up for the opportunity to try to fleece one of our members, welllll....It bugs me, and that's why that deadeye character has had to beat me up a couple three times :D

Why not just PM them? Not enough satisfaction for the TC's?
They want an audience to share their illustrious ego fueled knowledge.
They can't leave an idiot (seller with high prices) alone with themselves, they have to join him......o_Oo_Oo_O

Many other forums I use will not tolerate anyone "interfering with a seller's listing". So if the seller reports interfering posts to a mod and the mod agrees with the seller the mod will send the interfering poster and delete the interfering post. If it happens again the poster will likely be banned for a period of time. Seems to work pretty well.

Example:
If you don't like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

If you post your own for sale items to the for sale thread started by someone else, you also are in violation of Forum rules. Start your own thread, rather than jumping into the thread of someone else.

If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.

Anyone feel that asking for a link or something to compare value is thread craping? I was genuinely looking for a safe recently and was thought to be bothersome when I requested something to gauge value off of as what seller had was not easily found online.
I think asking for product information is great in my opinion. I think thread crapping is more along the lines of hey they are cheaper here ( link) new then you are asking
Or maybe. Or maybe being even more blunt like who you trying to fool thats way too expensive for that.

Asking questions I would think is encouraged by most.

Thread crappers usually A) Have no money to buy it anyway and B) Feel the need to put everything and everybody down in order to justify their boring lives.

I used to sell a lot of motorcycle parts online and somebody always had some useless comment. I figured if my price isn't in line it won't sell and I will adjust. Not everybody is an expert on what something is worth but there are ways to let them know without crapping all over their ad.

I don't crap on anyone's ad as I peruse the classified and auction sites.

But I will say this; I almost want to thank the many delusional sellers out there for the continual laughs I get, week after week, and even month after month (or longer), especially when I see almost identical or similar items sell many times over for more realistic prices.

These days, I am thankful for all the laughs that I can get.

I do often wonder though, exactly what kind of reality it is in which they live, and from which they base their price ranges. I really don't know whether to pity or envy those living in the sequestered "American rural bubble".

I buy/sell alot on Craigslist. The craigslist people can be a real pain... so much so that I state in my ad to only respond by email or text. That is the only way I can weed out the dillholes without having to actually talk to them. Some people still try to call and I will not sell to them if they can't even follow simple instructions in my ad. Same ole story every time with half the replies- will you deliver it a zillion miles away (my mom is sick, my car is broke down, I'm disabled)... or will you accept my crap offer (I'm on a fixed income, excuse excuse). I am so thankful that craigslist does not have a comment or online response type area... that would take thread crapping to a whole new level.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top