JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you plan on standing while you reload, kitchen cabinets are great. They're also great for storage.
For sitting and reloading, methinks they would suck.
Great counter space, and when we met, you seemed to be a neat, orderly person.
That would be a bane in my house - horizontal surfaces = places to stack stuff.

Thanks guys, I had it setup on the other end & it didn't make me feel all giddy but to have the open bench space on the left appealed more to me.;)
I already have a few stash places in the works but they are secrete....:D
I'm sure there will be tons of storage space & I'll try really hard not to fill it to capacity, I don't like clutter.:eek:

too high for *me* of course, I like a sitting bench height with a roller chair, which made me modify under bench shelf arrangement....

I like your lazy suzy enough I may have to steal the idea;)
--where didja get that one?

too high for *me* of course, I like a sitting bench height with a roller chair, which made me modify under bench shelf arrangement....

I like your lazy suzy enough I may have to steal the idea;)
--where didja get that one?

Which one? There are 3.:D
The big one with the other cabinets I got from an elderly couple that was downsizing, $0....
The two that are stacked, I bought one off C/L for $20 & I built another the exact same size for $30. They stacked nicely don't ya think?
I paid $30 for the antique metal hardware in this one & had all the other materials to build it already.
20190415_162542.jpg
This one I bought.
20190415_162750.jpg

Stacked with white board on the sides.
20190509_164347.jpg

Last Edited:
I have to sit at times & the other times I stand (aching back 24/7) I do have a nice HD drafting chair that can be used down low or in the nosebleed section.

I think I'm going with option #1 since I'm tired of building stuff, dog tired.

Thanks for all the helpful comments folks, they have helped make my decision.:cool:

As you can see I finally got the cabinets painted, four coats Because I found out the flat white paint got really dirty while I was putting the door fronts back on so I used two more coats of a semi gloss white paint....Did I mention that painting is my nemesis? If not, it is.

Going to get some lumber for this weekend and get on it.:eek::eek::eek::p
1D7AA31C-F4CE-4081-A0E5-E9599840A176.jpeg

As you can see I finally got the cabinets painted, four coats Because I found out the flat white paint got really dirty while I was putting the door fronts back on so I used two more coats of a semi gloss white paint....Did I mention that painting is my nemesis? If not, it is.

Going to get some lumber for this weekend and get on it.:eek::eek::eek::p
View attachment 582138

Looking good Jim.

Looking great Jim! Definitely a labor of love. I got my space to about 85% finished and took some time off from the project to do other things, fully meaning to finish it last Winter. Didn't happen lol. Hopefully next winter as fishing/hunting will occupy my free time until then. Don't be like me, stay on it and get er done!

Well I was able to acquire a craft type desk with an upper cabinet for my case cleaning area out in the big room.
It was gifted to me so all I spent was a few gallons of diesel fuel, did I mention that it is HEAVY????
My Thumlers now have a dedicated space where I can make a mess and not have to worry about it getting in my gunsmith tools, cleaning and reloading supplies.
The bench in front of the desk is my out feed table for the Unisaw which will be moved when I have help this weekend.
I actually have room for other stuff n the future!!!

One step closer to completion. My son came home to help me out on this long drawn out project.
We got the cabinets squared up, cut a 4x8 sheet of melamine and glued it on top of a 1' 1/2 thick substrate partial board. It's been clamped for 24 hours but not going to take them off until tomorrow. We used my bulk brass for ballast on the middle and back of the slab.

This morning we got busy early and installed the door, had a great brunch a nap then went to the pit had a great time showing his friend the finer things in life, firearms. She loved it!!!

D0EE278F-467B-486B-BD00-1D1ACBFC5FB2.jpeg

One step closer to completion. My son came home to help me out on this long drawn out project.
We got the cabinets squared up, cut a 4x8 sheet of melamine and glued it on top of a 1' 1/2 thick substrate partial board. It's been clamped for 24 hours but not going to take them off until tomorrow. We used my bulk brass for ballast on the middle and back of the slab.

This morning we got busy early and installed the door, had a great brunch a nap then went to the pit had a great time showing his friend the finer things in life, firearms. She loved it!!!

View attachment 602677

Damn kid that looks great!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews