JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I doubt I'll live long enough to fill this big boy up, I opted for the biggest one I could afford.... It's YUGEEEEEE :p
When we moved we decided to add a third one and it's the biggest of the three and already full. It is an addiction and I truly have it bad. That and me addiction to purchasing ammunition. This place is 300 square feet smaller. I just hope there is no cure! I purchased my first Smith and Wesson in 1969, now I have a few more.:)

whalen work bench.jpg
This is the one I was talking about Jim. I currently have 180 of them. My business partner and I got a really good deal on them. So if you or anyone else wants one shoot me a PM. ;)

All of mine are Browning. And I've been very happy with them. In fact, the last one came from an ad posted here. I think I paid just about half of a new one. And I'm very happy with it.:)

Well boys and girls, I's could take it no mores (said in a Popeye voice).

My SIL asked if he could bring along a few gun parts to assemble. He knew that I had all the trim & painting done in the new "room"...

I quickly made a makeshift bench & clamped my vise to it & got out my G S tool box.

An hour later my grandaughters AR15 pistol was born (less a muzzle device & sights).
The first build is history!!!:p:p:p

On another note, I'm glad I extended it 2' but should have built it 2x the 10x12....:eek:

20190223_221651.jpg
20190223_221706.jpg 20190223_190115.jpg

Last Edited:
Well boys and girls, I's could take it no mores (said in a Popeye voice).

My SIL asked if he could bring along a few gun parts to assemble. He knew that I had all the trim & painting done in the new "room"...

I quickly made a makeshift bench & clamped my vise to it & got out my G S tool box.

An hour later my grandaughters AR15 pistol was born (less a muzzle device & sights).
The first build is history!!!:p:p:p

On another note, I'm glad I extended it 2x' but should have built it 2x the 10x12....:eek:

View attachment 552763
View attachment 552764 View attachment 552765
Nice! What's hiding behind the curtain? A 75mm recoiless build?

Alright boys and girls, it's time for round 3....
I have been contemplating building my own bench but I do not think I could put a bunch of drawers in it like I would like or like the cabinets that I have already fit the bill.
The cabinets are 34-1/2 in tall and I'm going to put a 2 x 4 x 24" torsion box on top of them making a U design (if you look at the gray outline on the floor, that is about where my bench top going to be).
Anyways take a look at these pics and help me decide which looks best.
I got to get this thing finished soooon.
I'm likeing this mock setup, what do ya think? 20190514_164015.jpg 20190514_164004.jpg This is temporary to give an idea of where the benchtop is.
20190514_171343.jpg

Last Edited:
Here's some other options with my stacked lazy Susans. This Arrangement is where is perpendicular to the rest of the items on that wall. I kind of like to have that open space around the end of the bench maybe a little nook for a broom, fighting stick or tall what nots, it's 11" wide.
20190514_172236.jpg

This Arrangement fits the space but just doesn't give me a good vibe....

20190514_172149.jpg

Looks GREAT Caveman! i like the lazy susans flush with the safe.... you dont want anything falling back there the other way though, but could be 2 okish hidey-holes. One accessible....the other less so. :):)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top