JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is my rare Ruger Super Redhawk in .357Magnum. Only around 20 of each - .357Mag and .44Mag - came to UK before Ruger, embarrassed beyond measure, pulled the plug.

upload_2018-11-10_11-30-32.png

Funny that you think it has anything to do with that. My opinion of him has nothing to do with his politics.

He is our Pres, if you dont like it, shout up or leave.
We put up with 25 years of commies in the white house, Now that we have a good American Pres, all you do is bubblegum that you want your global master back.

There are two strategic actions being leveraged against individual sovereignty in general and private ownership of firearms in specific.

First, since there has been no opportunity to enact anti-gun legislation at the national level for about two decades, the primary law making efforts have shifted to the states and major cities.

Second is demographics; if the citizens of the United States won't consistently vote to eliminate their natural rights, especially that of self defense, then the neo-Marxists will make every effort to supplant them through massive immigration, legal and otherwise. Unfortunately the corporatists are largely aligned because this also keeps the labor market skewed and wages artificially low.

Both of these strategies are going to be very difficult to counter in the long run; how it will play out over the long term I can't foresee.

Of course every election, from President to dog catcher, has now become important, but a much more impactful effort will be an Article V Convention of States. Repealing the 17th Amendment and imposing term limits on Congress and the Supreme Court, among other ideas, will make a significant difference is the longer term.

As the curse goes, may you live in interesting times. Train and keep your powder dry.

The dems know they can't get anything past the Senate and the White House both, so most of what the they will try for the next two years will be motivated not by the chance of the actual passing of legislation, but rather be a symbolic display of what they want to do when they get control of the White House and possibly the Senate (the latter is less likely) with an eye on the 2020 elections.

They will say "see, we pushed this and that legislation, but our opponents voted against it. put us in the majority and we will get these things done."

This is what politicians do - on both sides. They play the long game.

Meanwhile, as others have said, they push at the regional and local level too - where they have been able to make inroads.

Of course every election, from President to dog catcher, has now become important, but a much more impactful effort will be an Article V Convention of States. Repealing the 17th Amendment and imposing term limits on Congress and the Supreme Court, among other ideas, will make a significant difference is the longer term.

As the curse goes, may you live in interesting times. Train and keep your powder dry.

Opening up a Constitutional Convention is a can of worms. Once opened, there is no way to control what comes out of it. You can't tell the convention to only address the 17th Amendment, they could just as easily decide to repeal the second amendment.

Besides, as far as I know, I wouldn't support repealing the 17th; there is nothing wrong with it IMO - the Senate represents (for the most part) rural America, while the House represents urban America. Plus, and more to the point, I don't see anything in the 17th that prevents enacting term limits.

Shortly after the imposition of these new laws, a new category firearm hit the scenary - one that was so unexpected that the authorities took around eight years to actually categorise, finally ending up with calling them variously 'long-barrelled' handguns, or short rifles/carbines.

Basically, ANY calibre revolver, or single-shot pistol like the Contender, can be made to have a barrel not less than 12" long, and an extension is made from the base of the grip to make the entire contraption not less than 24" long.
Sounds somewhat similar to the recent class of firearms that are built off the AR platform, in which its not technically a pistol, nor a rifle by virtue of the following;

1) 26" overall length. (Usually means a barrel between 11 inches and 16 inches)

2) not made from a "rifle" IE a lower thats marked pistol on the fed form or a lower that never had a butt stock attached, only a "pistol brace".
Because I think the Federal ATF definition says a pistol is a firearm that is easily concealable, and easily concealable meaning under 26" overall length, with a barrel length under 16 inches, and designed to be fired with one hand, not from the shoulder... but rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and have barrels of 16 inches or greater.

Opening up a Constitutional Convention is a can of worms. Once opened, there is no way to control what comes out of it. You can't tell the convention to only address the 17th Amendment, they could just as easily decide to repeal the second amendment.

Besides, as far as I know, I wouldn't support repealing the 17th; there is nothing wrong with it IMO - the Senate represents (for the most part) rural America, while the House represents urban America. Plus, and more to the point, I don't see anything in the 17th that prevents enacting term limits.

A Convention of States is NOT a Constitutional Convention, it's nothing more than a means of proposing amendments to the states for rectification outside of Congress. Article V specifies this method and the states have every opportunity to limit the Convention's scope.

The 17th Amendment was and is a tremendously misdirected idea and altered the original checks and balances set by the founders. The idea of the Senate is that it would represent the States, as coequal, and be a truly deliberative body, limiting the House of Representatives' intended aggressiveness. Instead of a stabilizing force, it's just another popularity contest and little more than another rubber stamp for statism. Why have the Senate at all under these terms?

Neither house of Congress represents the people, but instead corporations and globalization. The political class doesn't care about urban or rural; it's all about the money, influence and votes.

Big topic, and there is much to learn.

Seconding post #28. An Article 5 Convention of the States is not a Constitutional Convention.

ok - but i still do not think getting rid of the senate is the answer. of the two parts of congress, it seems to be the better part imo.

my main criticism of congress - besides their actions - is no term limits. i believe term limits would mitigate how they act

ok - but i still do not think getting rid of the senate is the answer. of the two parts of congress, it seems to be the better part imo.

my main criticism of congress - besides their actions - is no term limits. i believe term limits would mitigate how they act

Getting rid of the Senate has never been a proposal; ending direct election of Senators is.

Getting rid of the Senate has never been a proposal; ending direct election of Senators is.

I don't see any advantage in that. If anything the election would become even more political and be even more easily manipulated - IMO.

As much as the general populace can be swayed, putting that kind of power in the hands of someone else seems even worse to me.

IMO - term limits are the start and then go from there.

IMO - term limits are the start and then go from there.
Agreed. However
U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton - Wikipedia set the precedent for unlimited terms for Congressional positions, stating no State may impose qualifications stricter than that of the Federal Constitution for Congressional office appointments :rolleyes::confused:
That is the main problem facing us from enacting term limits on the Congress as a whole. :mad:

There are two strategic actions being leveraged against individual sovereignty in general and private ownership of firearms in specific.

First, since there has been no opportunity to enact anti-gun legislation at the national level for about two decades, the primary law making efforts have shifted to the states and major cities.

Second is demographics; if the citizens of the United States won't consistently vote to eliminate their natural rights, especially that of self defense, then the neo-Marxists will make every effort to supplant them through massive immigration, legal and otherwise. Unfortunately the corporatists are largely aligned because this also keeps the labor market skewed and wages artificially low.

Both of these strategies are going to be very difficult to counter in the long run; how it will play out over the long term I can't foresee.

THIS X1000000

hit the nail square in the head. Key word out of that whole writing is: DEMOGRAPHICS

This is why mid-terms are equally if not more important than President elections. But as we've seen in oregons Gov elect with the ballot measures voted on, Oregon is more keen towards playing ball with corporate/global politics than staying local level and trying to fix within. Ever since we got the tax cut last year (I have seen a nice take home from it and an increase in my income) I knew right there that this state would vote to increase subsidizing and blocking "revenue increase" from being voted against. Tack on Voters pass Measure 101 with that and cost of living that keeps rising as they keep raising minimum wage until 2021 for all areas of Oregon. Why? because Oregon is a Sanctuary state and because of that the Federal grants aren't flowing here (recall trumps call about immigration and de-funding states that allow it). So instead of playing ball or trying to work out an effort to get Federal funds coming back, they instead decide to make YOU THE TAX PAYERS cover their deficits.

This article will cover it.

tl;dr the state is greedy and upset you got to take home more money so vote blue and insure the state can impose more local level tax and programs against your interest. SUBSIDIZE EVERYTHING!

Kate Brown, Ellen Rosenblum sue Donald Trump over sanctuary status laws

Last Edited:
I think to fight the left off in 2020 we need smart recruitment. The left recruited women, veterans, people of color, doctors, etc. Unfortunately race/gender politics works. If we nominate a black female to run for president she will win by 20 points.

Speaking of term limits... How about the SCOTUS? Are we really to believe that a frail old woman in her 80s is still not just competent but an intellectual a head above all other judges?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top