JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't read full article without becoming a member.

Is there a archived version or can we get a copy-pasta or tl;dr?

"WASHINGTON—Democrats say they will pass the most aggressive gun-control legislation in decades when they become the House majority in January, plans they renewed this week in the aftermath of a mass killing in a California bar.

Their efforts will be spurred by an incoming class of pro-gun-control lawmakers who scored big in Tuesday's midterm elections, although any measure would likely meet stiff resistance in the GOP-controlled Senate."

Is all I could read.

What, you guys don't want more "common sense" in your lives? I'm sure North Korea tells its subjects it is common sense that they must go to the camp to learn the government's wisdom.

We should all write our political representatives and urge them to enact common sense abortion control. After all, 100% of the time an abortion occurs a child dies. Only 0.000000001% of gunshots kill a child.

The other worry about the Senate now is with the supposed huge votes being suddenly found propelling AZ and FL into recounts and FL is now suing over said action.

go to 7:11 in the video, this was originally tweeted and there has been accuse of voter fraud and mishandling in AZ/FL this could be a potential issue to flip the Senate.

Trump, Republicans call vote count into question amid tight McSally-Sinema race for Senate

This is why Republicans are claiming voter fraud in Florida and Arizona

Be wary about how this unfolds. If they want to go HAM in congress and then suddenly ballot boxes flip AZ/FL then we lose our Senate seats and have a more difficult time blocking.

I'm deeply troubled by what can go down in Washington and Oregon at the state level. Federally? Forget it. Even if it made it out of the House, it would die in the Senate. Alas any chance, and lets be honest there really wasn't any, of seeing national reciprocity or the SHARE Act (which included making silencers Title I) is gone for the foreseeable future.

All that said, any of the human garbage that backs anti-freedom measures should be noted, and voted out. I really wish our society would get to the point that we no longer tolerate either side using the state as an instrument to bludgeon people's rights. I'm not holding my breath.

Can't read full article without becoming a member.

Is there a archived version or can we get a copy-pasta or tl;dr?

"WASHINGTON—Democrats say they will pass the most aggressive gun-control legislation in decades when they become the House majority in January, plans they renewed this week in the aftermath of a mass killing in a California bar.

Their efforts will be spurred by an incoming class of pro-gun-control lawmakers who scored big in Tuesday's midterm elections, although any measure would likely meet stiff resistance in the GOP-controlled Senate."

Is all I could read.
What more did you need to read. J/K

It's been back and forth. Them trying and winning more times then not and the constitution blocking a few of their efforts now and then. My biggest worry is even if in a few years we get some one with the power to overturn these bad rulings and laws, what politician is brave enough to do so? Lift some ban and a bus load of Nuns get shot. Who would risk it?

It's sadly laughable in one of the articles out of California where the writer admits they have some of the strictest gun laws that aren't working but suggest they go harder because...That's like driving in the wrong direction but yelling we need to go faster! They have no answer and the reality of that horrifies them.

Clearly the answer is to follow the U.K. example and effectively ban all handguns? :rolleyes: @tac can you expand on the UK handgun laws thing again?

'kay. No flaming or taking the micky, right? Remember that there are MANY countries in the so-called civilised world where handguns, even firearms, are prohibited to civilians.

1. After the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 [16 first-grade children and their teacher shot dead and many wounded], MOST cartridge-firing handguns in MAINLAND yUK - England, Scotland [where it happened] and Wales - were made prohibited weapons. Note that in the English version of English, the definition of a 'weapon' is any object designed to maim or kill. This is why we have Firearms Certificates, and not 'weapons certificates.

2. Northern Ireland, the fourth component of the yUK, and part of the island of Ireland, was absolved of having to take the ban because, and you are going to find this odd [to say the least] in spite of all the many deaths from the use of firearms by the various terrorist organisations over the previous 25 years, not a single one could be ascribed the the use of a LEGALLY-hald handgun. So, in NI, shooters can still own every kind of handgun that YOU can, and still take part in IPSC and police pistol shooting the same as before the Dunblane massacre.

3. Not so here on the mainland. Only black powder, loose-loading handguns are generally obtainable. Anything else is subject to the prohibition. However, and here it gets tricky, those BP handguns, like ALL rifled arms, are calle Section 1 firearms, after the part of the Firearms Act that covers their aquisition and usage. You can STILL own a cartridge-firing handgun under a Separate part of the act, called Section 7a. But you are not permitted to shoot it, and it must be of historical or technological significance [whatever that means].

4. What if you want to shoot it? Then you apply for a Section 7b firearms certificate, which permits you to acquire it, and its ammunition, and to shoot it. Whoopee?

5. Not quite. You can only shoot it at one of around seven notified locations in England [none in Wales or Scotland], where the firearm AND its ammunition are permanently stored. IOW, it's like having a brother in jail that you visit and play chess with, once a month. This is not for me, having been a person to whom the Queen once wrote a letter, in which she stated that she reposed in me 'Trust of a peculiar kind', and placed me charge of her soldiers.

Shortly after the imposition of these new laws, a new category firearm hit the scenary - one that was so unexpected that the authorities took around eight years to actually categorise, finally ending up with calling them variously 'long-barrelled' handguns, or short rifles/carbines.

Basically, ANY calibre revolver, or single-shot pistol like the Contender, can be made to have a barrel not less than 12" long, and an extension is made from the base of the grip to make the entire contraption not less than 24" long.

This movie off YT clarifies it somewhat -

The same goes for a rimfire semi-auto 'pistol'.

But NOT a centre-fire semi-auto pistol.

Long-range pistol is a dying speciality, it seems, using rifle calibre single-shot pistols - bolt-action/Drulov action or break-open, so I'll ignore that pro tem.

Any questions of a reasonable nature, as always, I'll answer to the best of my ability, seeing as I was affected in a major way by the handgun ban here, losing more handguns that, I dare to suggest, than many of you guys had...suffice it to say that I put around $25,000 away in a slush fund in case there was ever a chance of getting any of them back.

I'm not holding my breath.

Last Edited:
At some point, they're going to win by numbers. In 2020 we have to defend 22 seats in the senate. Three of those states are Colorado, Texas and Arizona and as close as it was this time, we're going to lose one or two. OTOH we're going to pick up Alabama.

That's a problem because we might lose the senate.

I doubt we get the house.

That means our EC college votes might be a lot tougher and I think Trump is too much of a lightening rod to win again.

Honestly I think our only real chance is to get another vote or two on the Supreme Court. AND get some cases before the court about what rifles are protected and whether there is a fight to carry outside the home.

I hope RBG starts skydiving or free diving. Maybe free climbing.

We have a two year easy gap to appoint judges without democratic input. Let's use that time to pack all the courts we can.

We're in the minority and we need to start thinking laws not elections.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top