JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have debates in certain classes at school on topics such as gun control and it never ceases to make me smile when I see their face as I recite curre t gun control laws. Their jaws drop at how complex it already is. Hell, my sister thought that you could build an AR and not have to get a background check for any of the parts.
at school during your debate, you should say "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms,shall not be infringed."

This is the crime count of the people ICE deported for illegally being in the US in Fiscal Year 2018:

2038 murders, 2085 kidnappings, 50,000 assualts, 80,000 drunk driving, 76,000 drug offenses, 12,600 burglaries, 23,000 obstruction of justice, 5562 robberies, 5300 sexual assaults. The numbers are in table 1 of the ICE report linked here. There are similar reports on ICE site from 2017, 2016.

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/offices/ero/pdf/eroFY2018Report.pdf

In comparison, the total deaths from all of the US mass shootings since 1966 is 1135 (Washington Post).

at school during your debate, you should say "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms,shall not be infringed."

You might also ask if banning students from driving to school because a handful of them drive recklessly is a good idea. Then tell them some high school is proposing a law for that.

This is the crime count of the people ICE deported for illegally being in the US in Fiscal Year 2018:

2038 murders, 2085 kidnappings, 50,000 assualts, 80,000 drunk driving, 76,000 drug offenses, 12,600 burglaries, 23,000 obstruction of justice, 5562 robberies, 5300 sexual assaults. The numbers are in table 1 of the ICE report linked here. There are similar reports on ICE site from 2017, 2016.

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/offices/ero/pdf/eroFY2018Report.pdf

In comparison, the total deaths from all of the US mass shootings since 1966 is 1135 (Washington Post).
Excellent post! However these are facts that debunk the emotional desires of those that wish to eviscerate our 2A rights. They do not care about the truth. Unfortunately they care only about driving there controlling agenda(s).

Excellent post! However these are facts that debunk the emotional desires of those that wish to eviscerate our 2A rights. They do not care about the truth. Unfortunately they care only about driving there controlling agenda(s).

The legislators care most about being re-elected to their cush power-jobs. They don't so much care about facts, but our facts must be right, and we need thousands of people promoting those facts, and then the legislators will "see the light", when they see the crowd moving against them. They will then use your facts, instead of the emotional ploys of the left to justify their position.

Because they know exactly what they are doing. They are not interested in criminals, they are interested in criminalizing you, their enemy. Conservatives, with their guns, are in their way of their total control of you - and our country. With these new laws on the books, they can remove you-and your guns- from circulation, at their whim.

And they won't have to confiscate a single gun. They are playing the long game.

Step 1: Create the legal principle of the "prohibited person" and get everyone to agree, even most gun owners sadly, that those people deserve to lose their Second Amendment rights in the entire country for life, even if they are non-violent. Non-violent "felons" convicted of drug possession, lying to the FBI, etc. People like these dangerous, evil "felons":

martha-and-snoop.jpg
Last-Man-Standing-Tim-Allen.jpg
iful-100-best-robert-downey-jr-images-by-simone-meli-on-pinterest-of-robert-downey-jr-wallpapers.jpg
mark-wahlbergs-shooter-to-be-adapted-as-tv-series.jpg
121014082457-17-eagles-lions-1014-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
Tom-in-Saving-Private-Ryan-tom-sizemore-21713551-853-480.jpg
191015398-6093810e-ab5c-49d9-9c57-af46cb61a28f.jpg
98a154d5025831f883b674b2613c1efc.jpg
Eminem.jpg

and many others who aren't celebrities; people dishonorably discharged for whatever reason; young dumb guys who take a plea deal on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge - even if they are innocent - for a promise of no jail time, etc.

Step 2: Pass more and more "common sense" gun control laws that make it increasingly difficult to own and use firearms without unintentionally committing some kind of violation that causes you to become a prohibited person and lose your gun rights for life.
  • Register your "assault weapon" and "large capacity" magazines like a good law-abiding gun owner, stop at Walmart or McDonalds on the way home from the range or one of the few other places where you can legally possess your legally registered "assault weapon" and "large capacity" magazines, and get pulled over by a cop coming out of the Walmart parking lot and are found to be in possession of an "assault weapon" and "large capacity" magazines when you are not at one of allowed locations and are not traveling directly to and from home and one of the allowed locations. Congratulations, you have committed a "felony", and if convicted lose your gun rights for life. You deserve it, you evil "felon". Next case!
  • The police come to your house for some reason, perhaps after a burglary, and during their investigation they come across a "large capacity" magazine that you didn't register, or your old Marlin 60 .22 rifle
    jpLpbs8.png
    that you didn't realize is an "assault weapon" and therefore didn't register. Or maybe you took your Marlin 60 out onto public lands to teach your grandchildren to shoot pine cones. Congratulations, you have committed a "felony", and if convicted lose your gun rights for life. You deserve it, you evil "felon". Next case!
  • You travel through New York City or New Jersey from out of state with your legally purchased handgun, not realizing everyone, resident or visitor, in those places needs a permit to possess a handgun. And those permits are extremely difficult to get if you are a resident of those places, and impossible to get if you aren't. Or maybe you are in New Jersey and you don't have your gun with you, but you do have just one box of hollow point ammo with you. Congratulations, you have committed a "felony", and if convicted lose your gun rights for life. You deserve it, you evil "felon". Next case!
Step 3: Gun owners and potential gun owners decide gun ownership just isn't worth the cost, hassle, and risk of being tripped up by the ever increasing minefield of gun control regulations, and give up. Older hunters and sportsmen who escaped the effects of most gun control laws pass away and there are fewer young gun owners to replace them. It happened in Australia Interest in gun ownership declines in Australia after passage of gun control.

The number of gun owning voters falls (and some keep voting for pro-gun control politicians), their political power falls, the influence of the NRA declines, and the gun controllers find it easier and easier to pass UK and Australia-type gun control. All without confiscating one gun or firing a single shot.

Step 4: After UK/Australia/Canada-level gun control is in place - not a total ban, but severe restrictions that keep interest in gun ownership and the number of gun owners (and their political power) at the lowest level possible, as in the UK it will be on to the next thing: knife control.

knife-ban-jpg.jpg
knife-surrender-bin-jpg.jpg
1404516350448-jpg.jpg
1432953227932-jpg.jpg
82630_b-61mw2woaadvgc-jpg.jpg

If you think I'm just making this up the gun controllers are quite open about their plans to make gun owners pariahs and social outcasts, and gun ownership uncool and disdained.

Dr. David Hemenway is Director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center and is a leading "gun violence" researcher. If you see some study being touted in the news media as proof of the effectiveness of gun control, it is likely Dr. Hemenway is a co-author. In this 2013 interview Dr. Hemenway described his goal of stigmatizing gun owners and gun ownership:

Dr. Hemenway: I'll be talking about what we know about the relationship between guns and public health and how the United States, compared to all the other industrialized democracies, is really such an anomaly in that we have such a horrific gun problem. I'll present the evidence we have on having a gun in the home, how it's more often detrimental to the family than beneficial or protective. And I'll talk about the public health approach and how we can do lots of things besides having more sensible gun policies. We don't have to just rely on legislation; we can do things, as we have in many areas, to try to change social norms.

NPH: What do you think some critical next steps should be?

Dr. Hemenway: I really want to see the government collect better data on gun issues. We have a national violent death reporting system that we helped create here at Harvard, but it's only in 18 states. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does surveys about all different sorts of problem areas, and it used to have a question about guns and it has stopped having that question. I want that question back. And we need money for gun research. CDC and the National Institutes have basically no money for the issue, so I want to see the government step up. I want to see foundations step up. I want to see Congressional hearings about guns. I want to see real national commissions to look at what we know and what we should know and why we don't know it and what we're doing.

And I'd also like to see this lead to all different groups saying enough's enough, we're all going to get involved in all different ways, from women's groups to school groups to clergy.

MOMS_E.jpg
gun-control-reform-2-gty-jt-180224_4x3_992.jpg
lift-every-voice-press-conference-1-fe2120d95e9009ce.jpg

But a big thing is to change social norms. We've already had some of those successes. When I was a kid drinking and driving was fine. Now it's not fine. And it's not just because of the law because the law was always there. It has a lot to do with social norms. This is not acceptable behavior anymore.

Another area we talk about where social norms have changed is smoking. What a magnificent change we've had in smoking in the United States. We need to see a social norm change on gun violence. Instead of it being the mark of a real man that you can shoot somebody at 50 feet and kill them with a gun, the mark of a real man is that you would never do anything like that. You'd show that you were stronger than they were and smarter and not just that you had some weapon. The gun is a great equalizer because it makes wimps as dangerous as people who really have skill and bravery and so I'd like to have this notion that anyone using a gun is a wuss. They aren't anybody to be looked up to. They're somebody to look down at because they couldn't defend themselves or couldn't protect others without using a gun.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gun Violence: Harvard School of Public Health on Research Around Preventing Violence

Amazingly, in the face of such determined, relentless, uncompromising, well-financed, and patient foes there are gun owners who actually believe that the real problem is the NRA, gun advocates, and 2nd amendmenters haven't compromised enough, or if we would just get behind "extreme risk protection order" gun confiscation laws and laws that punish the victims of gun theft then we would avoid "the restrictions [we] fear most". Not to mention the gun-owning allies of gun controllers who will support and testify in favor of more gun control as long as their favored guns and their favored shooting activities are not affected. With "allies" like that, and with the news media and even the entertainment media against us

we really have quite a fight ahead of us.

Last Edited:
"my sister thought that you could build an AR and not have to get a background check for any of the parts"
Umm you can... :)
But it's the law. No loophole and less dangerous than Nancy Pelosi's MS13 documented undocumented killers. It's possible California might high a higher number of home built guns (not even bringing in 80%) with low ranking or Lil gang bangers but thats mostly California's own doing. I have never heard of it being a dangerous issue nation wide.

But one can... just buy an 80% lower and finish it yourself. Buy a lower parts kit, plus the bolt, etc. Then buy a complete AR upper. Put it all in a blender and, Viola!, an AR with no background check. That is why the left is complaining about "ghost guns".
She was talking about a complete lower. She doesn't know enough about guns to know about 80% lowers so I was talking about complete lowers. Should have mentioned that.

you can if you do an 80% lower
Forgot to add some context. The build would be with a complete lower.
I always do and I make extra sure to remind them of how a comma works in the context - it divides thoughts or statements.

And they won't have to confiscate a single gun. They are playing the long game.

Step 1: Create the legal principle of the "prohibited person" and get everyone to agree, even most gun owners sadly, that those people deserve to lose their Second Amendment rights in the entire country for life, even if they are non-violent. Non-violent "felons" convicted of drug possession, lying to the FBI, etc. People like these dangerous, evil "felons":

View attachment 542426
View attachment 542427
View attachment 542428
View attachment 542460
View attachment 542430
View attachment 542431
View attachment 542432
View attachment 542433
View attachment 542434

and many others who aren't celebrities; people dishonorably discharged for whatever reason; young dumb guys who take a plea deal on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge - even if they are innocent - for a promise of no jail time, etc.

Step 2: Pass more and more "common sense" gun control laws that make it increasingly difficult to own and use firearms without unintentionally committing some kind of violation that causes you to become a prohibited person and lose your gun rights for life.
  • Register your "assault weapon" and "large capacity" magazines like a good law-abiding gun owner, stop at Walmart or McDonalds on the way home from the range or one of the few other places where you can legally possess your legally registered "assault weapon" and "large capacity" magazines, and get pulled over by a cop coming out of the Walmart parking lot and are found to be in possession of an "assault weapon" and "large capacity" magazines when you are not at one of allowed locations and are not traveling directly to and from home and one of the allowed locations. Congratulations, you have committed a "felony", and if convicted lose your gun rights for life. You deserve it, you evil "felon". Next case!
  • The police come to your house for some reason, perhaps after a burglary, and during their investigation they come across a "large capacity" magazine that you didn't register, or your old Marlin 60 .22 rifle
    View attachment 542435
    that you didn't realize is an "assault weapon" and therefore didn't register. Or maybe you took your Marlin 60 out onto public lands to teach your grandchildren to shoot pine cones. Congratulations, you have committed a "felony", and if convicted lose your gun rights for life. You deserve it, you evil "felon". Next case!
  • You travel through New York City or New Jersey from out of state with your legally purchased handgun, not realizing everyone, resident or visitor, in those places needs a permit to possess a handgun. And those permits are extremely difficult to get if you are a resident of those places, and impossible to get if you aren't. Or maybe you are in New Jersey and you don't have your gun with you, but you do have just one box of hollow point ammo with you. Congratulations, you have committed a "felony", and if convicted lose your gun rights for life. You deserve it, you evil "felon". Next case!
Step 3: Gun owners and potential gun owners decide gun ownership just isn't worth the cost, hassle, and risk of being tripped up by the ever increasing minefield of gun control regulations, and give up. Older hunters and sportsmen who escaped the effects of most gun control laws pass away and there are fewer young gun owners to replace them. It happened in Australia Interest in gun ownership declines in Australia after passage of gun control.

The number of gun owning voters falls (and some keep voting for pro-gun control politicians), their political power falls, the influence of the NRA declines, and the gun controllers find it easier and easier to pass UK and Australia-type gun control. All without confiscating one gun or firing a single shot.

Step 4: After UK/Australia/Canada-level gun control is in place - not a total ban, but severe restrictions that keep interest in gun ownership and the number of gun owners (and their political power) at the lowest level possible, as in the UK it will be on to the next thing: knife control.

View attachment 542436
View attachment 542437
View attachment 542438
View attachment 542439
View attachment 542440

If you think I'm just making this up the gun controllers are quite open about their plans to make gun owners pariahs and social outcasts, and gun ownership uncool and disdained.

Dr. David Hemenway is Director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center and is a leading "gun violence" researcher. If you see some study being touted in the news media as proof of the effectiveness of gun control, it is likely Dr. Hemenway is a co-author. In this 2013 interview Dr. Hemenway described his goal of stigmatizing gun owners and gun ownership:

Amazingly, in the face of such determined, relentless, uncompromising, well-financed, and patient foes there are gun owners who actually believe that the real problem is the NRA, gun advocates, and 2nd amendmenters haven't compromised enough, or if we would just get behind "extreme risk protection order" gun confiscation laws and laws that punish the victims of gun theft then we would avoid "the restrictions [we] fear most". Not to mention the gun-owning allies of gun controllers who will support and testify in favor of more gun control as long as their favored guns and their favored shooting activities are not affected. With "allies" like that, and with the news media and even the entertainment media against us

we really have quite a fight ahead of us.

This entire post is criminally underrated

This is telling and is why we face a steep up hill battle to change minds.

"According to the exit pollsreleased last November, 59 percent of the voters in the congressional elections favored "stricter gun-control measures," with only 37 percent in opposition. Of those who supported more gun control, 76 percent voted for House Democratic candidates."

Edit: If my back of the envelope math is any good, this data suggest that upwards of 20% of Republican voters support some additional gun control. That is not comforting news to me.

They base estimated ownership off surveys . How many people

Saving lives would be less work and higher yield by just deporting illegals.

She was talking about a complete lower. She doesn't know enough about guns to know about 80% lowers so I was talking about complete lowers. Should have mentioned that.

Yah, when you said "build" an AR, I took that at face value. I don't often associate with buying a complete lower and a complete upper, putting them together and calling it a "build". Oh well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top