JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have debates in certain classes at school on topics such as gun control and it never ceases to make me smile when I see their face as I recite current gun control laws. Their jaws drop at how complex it already is. Hell, my sister thought that you could build an AR and not have to get a background check for any of the parts.

*CLARIFICATION* - The context of the conversation with my sister was that it was a complete lower, not an 80% lower.

Their jaws drop briefly when their brains disengaged. By the time their mouths close again your previous input had been erased from their data banks.

That's great! Do you also explain what "militia" meant back at the time the BOR was written?
You better believe it! I also like to remind them that wether or not they like it, this country was founded on the breach of a firearm and at that time, those firearms were "military style".

MYTH: "Incidents like the Parkland shooting demand gun control"

TRUTH: Deaths from mass shootings get all the headlines, but they are extremely rare compared to other violent crime, even now. There have been 1135 mass shooting deaths since 1966 (Washington Post). That represents less than 2 years of Chicago gang activity. Same for many other big cities where guns are almost banned. That doesn't support the gun control narrative, so it is ignored. All those places with gun bans and high crime blame the lax gun laws in adjacent states. If that was true, the crime in those adjacent areas should be through the roof. But they are safer.

The same party who cries about mass shootings ignores much larger crime counts because the politics don't work.

Another example of crime that doesnt matter to the gun grabbers:

The government ICE statistics are published annually on people they arrested and deported that year. In 2018 the crime list include 2038 murders, 2085 kidnappings, 12,600 burglaries, 50,000 assualts, 80,000 DWI's, 76,000 drug crimes, 5562 robberies, 5300 sexual attacks.
Table 1 lists the offenses.

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/offices/ero/pdf/eroFY2018Report.pdf

Here is the same report for 2017. Note the similar list.
https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report/2017/iceEndOfYearFY2017.pdf

I think its a great idea actually, be glad for and intruder to have a sit down with me and my two uncles, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson I am sure with a good talking to they will lay him/her out straight.
I'll bet if Sam Colt or Bill Ruger were also present, it would be an interesting conversation.

I read that as "disemboweling"...:rolleyes:
Bin the knife!
tenor.gif

Unfortunately this is the mindset and what we are up against from many on the left. They see ABSOLUTELY NO need for anyone to own a gun for any reason ESPECIALLY for personal protection. (Except there bodyguards) They are truly brainwashed.

View attachment 542323

This P Dad's comment link above is crazy and really stupid. Am I allowed to say that here now?

And you are correct - they are brainwashed.

They live in Crazy Land.

Do you remember that doctor who had his house broken into in CT? I am pretty sure it was in CT several years ago. His WIFE and DAUGHTER were held captive, raped, tortured and MURDERED! They may have had their house set on fire or that could be in another criminal case - there are so many of them out there! The perps had the wife withdraw money from their bank account too.

THEY DID WHAT THE PERPS WANTED THEM TO DO AND THEY STILL ENDED UP DEAD! The doctor went totally ANTI GUN, he joined and/or started his own anti gun group, he was ALL OVER THE NEWS, and he said just think what would happen if HIS FAMILY HAD A GUN! Gasp and God forbid.

I mean, two of his family members were MURDERED and here he is saying that if they had a gun for self defense it would be worse?! WHO THINKS LIKE THAT?!!!!

I felt sorry for him but when he went into crazy land... my sympathy kind of stopped and I was thinking that I bet dang well that HIS DEAD WIFE and DEAD DAUGHTER wish that they could have shot the bad guys or fought back in a fair manner.

Cate
Typos!

Last Edited:
That twitter account is a troll. Whoever runs "Progressive_dad" twitter account is making fun of the actual leftists :rolleyes:

Okay, so he really is a troll? Thanks for telling me that.

The thing is that on the boob tube, on the radio and even on 'news' (?!?) websites - people actually say some of those things like this P Dad where they call the bad guy/criminal a VICTIM of his upbringing and give all kinds of excuses for his criminal actions. Like, he is such a good boy while he rapes and murders some old lady or is in a gang of thugs. Or he needed a nice man to talk to him and reason with him not to do the dirty deed aka crime.

Nothing would shock me anymore.

I think that that we should suggest a ban on some of the things that these anti gun people can't live without - see how the shoe fits when they have to deal with BANS and more and more stupid laws.

Cate

The part that burns me is, they have no idea of current laws, how firearms operate, they ignore very pertinent facts and statistics, they profess to mind read legal gun owners intentions, have no answers or admission of failure when their actions lead to death/injury and they openly lie and mislead the general non gun owning population.
They are getting wiser as far as closing potential loopholes. The original AW ban leaked like water in a colander. The newer versions have tightend down things considerably.

No matter what ban , restriction , law etc...is purposed...
There always seems to be one more , waiting in the wings , ready to go.
Also no matter what guns you have or like , chances are , that they are on or will end up on someone's "You can't own list".

The idea of simply creating a ban and the problem will somehow just go away , is ridiculous to me.
After all we have a staggering amount of gun laws , bans and restrictions in place and those have been in place for decades and yet , what have they actually done...?
Why on would you want to keep trying the same "solution" , if it ain't working...?

How 'bout looking at what is already in place and seeing :

What actually works...

If a ban , law etc...is unconstitutional , easily abused , too vague , unenforceable , etc...

If the laws and penalties , already in place , are being enforced...

Or how 'bout looking at the issues through a different view....
Like revamping the mental health programs we have...or addressing the causes of violence etc...
Andy

No matter what ban , restriction , law etc...is purposed...
There always seems to be one more , waiting in the wings , ready to go.
Also no matter what guns you have or like , chances are , that they are on or will end up on someone's "You can't own list".

The idea of simply creating a ban and the problem will somehow just go away , is ridiculous to me.
After all we have a staggering amount of gun laws , bans and restrictions in place and those have been in place for decades and yet , what have they actually done...?
Why on would you want to keep trying the same "solution" , if it ain't working...?

How 'bout looking at what is already in place and seeing :

What actually works...

If a ban , law etc...is unconstitutional , easily abused , too vague , unenforceable , etc...

If the laws and penalties , already in place , are being enforced...

Or how 'bout looking at the issues through a different view....
Like revamping the mental health programs we have...or addressing the causes of violence etc...
Andy
I was having thoughts about this during my shift. How can we explain these premises to antis, when they only seem to grasp the emotional angle of it. If somebody has the mindset "if it will save one child's life it will be worth it", it becomes difficult to have a rational and substantive discussion with them. They have been lead to believe these restrictions have some worth and seem ready and willing to infringe on our rights even if it isn't very effective.

1) Seems to me Gov loves its money, when they ban it do they collect taxes..no.
2) Do bans work? Did they work on illegal drugs, how about when alcohol was banned, did that work?
3) They'll only create a black market that they can neither tax nor control, both seem to be the opposite of what Big Gov loves.

My 2 cents...

Has this (S.66) been brought up before or have I just not seen it? I've been so intent on Wa. state issues maybe it went by me? :(
S66 | US Congress 2019-2020 | Assault Weapons Ban of 2019 | TrackBill

To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes. IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES JANUARY 9, 2019

Dan

Has this (S.66) been brought up before or have I just not seen it? I've been so intent on Wa. state issues maybe it went by me? :(

To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes. IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES JANUARY 9, 2019

Dan

My God, how many times do we have to say it: shall not be infringed! :mad:

From DC v Heller and USA v Miller
Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose:For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court's opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller's holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those "in common use at the time" finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.[/B]
Ya can thank Scalia for this
:confused:

Dan
Assault weapons are already regulated, an assault rifle is defined as an automatic infantry rifle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top