JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I know some will disagree, however if the open carry advocates have an AR/AK slung over their shoulder, the liberal media camera's will zoom in on that evil black rifle instead of the group protesting and our message will be portrayed as coming from a bunch of gun nuts. Leave them at home. Our basic rights are under attack and we need to fight smart and pick our battles wisely.

I know some will disagree, however if the open carry advocates have an AR/AK slung over their shoulder, the liberal media camera's will zoom in on that evil black rifle instead of the group protesting and our message will be portrayed as coming from a bunch of gun nuts. Leave them at home. Our basic rights are under attack and we need to fight smart and pick our battles wisely.

I sure don't disagree! You know open carry will draw the cameras. And that will be the clip that ends up on the news. It really would be a negative in THIS rally at THIS time to have any open carry.

Only $1,441 of $250,000 goal raised so far.

Hope that doesn't bode ill for the turnout.
I am still not sure who this person is that set up the go fund me. Does anybody know the back story on this go fund me event? I would like to see a caravan group started from northern border to Salem, picking up vehicles along the way. Maybe we could arrange some ride shares on this forum.

I am still not sure who this person is that set up the go fund me. Does anybody know the back story on this go fund me event? I would like to see a caravan group started from northern border to Salem, picking up vehicles along the way. Maybe we could arrange some ride shares on this forum.

The GoFundMe event was set up by the Director of Operations at Radian Weapons, Josiah Underwood. He can be seen in the video above your post. The purpose of the donations are as described by Radian:

We plan on raising money for bus transportation from around the state, radio and T.V. ads to raise awareness, and entertainment and food at the event. Please spread the word as we seek to make a difference in our home State of Oregon, and across this great land.

Setting up caravans and ride shares will be helpful to get people to the Oregon State Capitol. This forum is a great place for people to connect and coordinate transportation to the event. If a ride is the only thing preventing attendance, perhaps they can post they are looking for a ride from a certain location. Setting up meeting locations to where people can meet during a certain window of time and caravan from that location will be helpful. It is also an easy way for people to arrange ride shares with meeting locations across Oregon.

The GoFundMe event was set up by the Director of Operations at Radian Weapons, Josiah Underwood. He can be seen in the video above your post. The purpose of the donations are as described by Radian:

Setting up caravans and ride shares will be helpful to get people to the Oregon State Capitol. This forum is a great place for people to connect and coordinate transportation to the event. If a ride is the only thing preventing attendance, perhaps they can post they are looking for a ride from a certain location. Setting up meeting locations to where people can meet during a certain window of time and caravan from that location will be helpful. It is also an easy way for people to arrange ride shares with meeting locations across Oregon.
Thanks for the info on Mr. Underwood.

I think a large organized and well mannered caravan would be a media magnet. Not sure how to go about organizing that but I am willing to help out a group of members here if they want to try and put something together. Anybody here have experience with caravans?

I am 110% on board. I will start emailing a request to all local firearms related retailers, dealers and manufactures in the area to support this event. Included in my request will be a link to this video. I will also send this to pro2a friendly Legislators. I hope others have or will do the same. The more requests they get the more likely they will respond. I have a much better feeling about this rally now. Does anybody have info on who is handling the set up at the event (speakers, vendors, stage and audio systems, etc)?

hickcok45 had advice for gun rally organizers:

I would like to see Radian reach out to some of the more popular youtube 2nd Amendment supporters and invite them to attend.

Last Edited:
I am 110% on board. I will start emailing a request to all local firearms related retailers, dealers and manufactures in the area to support this event. Included in my request will be a link to this video. I will also send this to pro2a friendly Legislators. I hope others have or will do the same. The more requests they get the more likely they will respond. I have a much better feeling about this rally now. Does anybody have info on who is handling the set up at the event (speakers, vendors, stage and audio systems, etc)?

Sounds great! From what I have seen, it appears Radian is handling all aspects of set up at the event. None of the details of the event agenda have been released yet.

I am planning on going, this has also been all over facebook, hopefully its a large one. These small rallies keep happening and looks like no one cares. But its on a weekend, so everyone who works should be there. People thinking politicians need to be in the building do not understand. They do not care, what matters is others and maybe the media seeing this, and pictures of a large rally all over the internet afterwords. Showing unity, this last Rally I saw more people at our Family BBQ's gees.

Last Edited:
I am planning on going, this has also been all over facebook, hopefully its a large one. These small rallies keep happening and looks like no one cares. But its on a weekend, so everyone who works should be there. People thinking politicians need to be in the building do not understand. They do not care, what matters is others and maybe the media seeing this, and pictures of a large rally all over the internet afterwords. Showing unity, this last Rally I saw more people at our Family BBQ's gees.
Would be nice if NWFA members were identifiable, maybe just a name tag with NWFA on it...

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads