JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We went 5 for 5 on mule deer........

9102.jpeg

2F0C308C-5378-43F6-ADEF-681088C0E51D.jpeg 735F5776-053C-4522-8142-14B7A09A39AC.jpeg 625333A6-EF47-4331-A5B1-98F4E931E4A2.jpeg F8818159-F05A-4AEF-A86E-D006F50AAABA.jpeg FCC101CE-FE0B-4398-AABF-1261CFF6B77B.jpeg Hope it's not a horrible sin to brag but I got my confirmation that I am Gods favorite on the 27th just after 5pm when he let me arrow this bruiser bedded at the base of an apple tree, watching some does. Landowner did not let me hunt with a gun so I made it work out with my bow. Still got that lottery winner feeling

All the bucks in the pics were taken during the Wyo reg deer season Oct. 1-14. We were camped at 9300 ft. and battled 6-8 in of snow. We went 5 for 5 on pronghorn the week before the deer hunt. Wyoming is BIG and harsh country, wind was memorable to say the least!!.... 20181011_120840.jpg

Ahh, that explains a lot! I've hunted mulies in a few high regions around the state and have only had a light dusting once during regular draw season.

My first season chasing deer. First trip, nada. Only saw poop & tracks second trip last weekend, we saw one doe, got pix of her. We saw one buck jump out of the brush on the drive home. We pulled over, jumped out the truck and gave chase. We tried following him up the hill, but two middle aged guys can't keep up with a buck deer it seems - he was probably over the hill running up the next by the time we made a hundred yards... that was it. Still fun. I learned quite a bit about gear I need to obtain before next years hunt. So its all good.

View attachment 506391 10 am, 3x3. Haven't weighed, but even minus guts, head and hide, he was a struggle to get into the truck.
Edit: after finding space in a cooler in gresham (no space in salem, I dont butcher on the kitchen table anymore... since i like to sleep indoors..) he weighed in at 111 lbs hanging weight (no nuts, guts, head, hide, or horns).
Really nice.

Do you get your own meat back?
So there I was on Saturday afternoon opening day with a deer carcass hanging in the yard and EVERYBODY in Eugene was either closed or not doing deer this year. I had already sworn I wouldn't use the people in Gresham I'd been using due to doubts about cleanliness and not getting my own meat back, or all of it. I called a place in Cottage Grove and they said they were full but recommended a guy that turned out to be about 10 minutes from my house. He's got his own cooler and cutting facility on his property. He is a retired Costco meat cutter. The place was beautiful, he had room, and I got my meat back in about 5 days cut just like I asked. He told me he wants to stay small so I'm not broadcasting his information.

The cutter we used in Wyo was $145 skinned, cut, wrapped well and frozen until we were leaving town. We are pleased with the quality of the work. It was the first time I have ever paid someone to cut up a buck for me.

View attachment 513419 View attachment 513420 View attachment 513421 View attachment 513422 View attachment 513423 Hope it's not a horrible sin to brag but I got my confirmation that I am Gods favorite on the 27th just after 5pm when he let me arrow this bruiser bedded at the base of an apple tree, watching some does. Landowner did not let me hunt with a gun so I made it work out with my bow. Still got that lottery winner feeling

That's a NICE Blacktail!!!!

Stacy

I've been in the Pittsburgh area for the last three weeks. Rifle season doesn't open until late November, and carries through to January in some WMUs.
Hiking in State Game Lands yesterday, a doe walks right up to me and throws a hissy-fit when I start talking to her.

I don't have pics but my Father in law got one this weekend and the bucks are STOOPID now! Rutting like crazy

Few days left! It's never too late go get it done!
Friday is the last day for Western Rifle season in Oregon. I can't take Friday off, but I'm going hunting Thursday!

Do you get your own meat back?

I'm not sure from the sounds of their website you fo, but I forgot to ask.
My buddy who tagged out with me was worried about that. We usually go to Top choice, they do give you your own meat back but they were closed Mon/Tues.
didn't want to leave it hanging for 2 1/2 days.

Kinda disturbing you get someone else's meat. How's that legal?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top