JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Day 3 of my re-introduction into the archery scene after 24 yrs.

1st day that I didn't wake up fogged in. Spotted this 3x2 from camp while making coffee. Stalked about 650 yards up a logging road while he, a spike, and two does fed up through a clear cut. Closed the last 150 yards in my socks. 43 yrd shot.

He isn't a biggun but I was pretty excited about my first arrow connecting with my first blacktail buck.

FF01C985-B27B-49BD-B3A2-409C47B5D503.jpeg 831F284A-5B9E-45BF-8000-A4E3C17511C5.jpeg

Day 3 of my re-introduction into the archery scene after 24 yrs.

1st day that I didn't wake up fogged in. Spotted this 3x2 from camp while making coffee. Stalked about 650 yards up a logging road while he, a spike, and two does fed up through a clear cut. Closed the last 150 yards in my socks. 43 yrd shot.

He isn't a biggun but I was pretty excited about my first arrow connecting with my first blacktail buck.

View attachment 504830 View attachment 504831
Very nice!

My 8 year old daughter's reaction to seeing me put the backstraps in the frying pan, "Eeeewww, is that the deer you skinned outside?" After being coaxed to take a bite, "MMMmmm! That's good!!!!"

I took a little snooze this afternoon only to be woken by a little spike standing about 10 feet away! Well, he wasn't really standing, he was retreating around to the corner 15 yards away to where his buddy, a little forkie was. They had me in a stare down and I couldn't move until they turned around. When they did and I got into a shooting position, I lost the last one in the fog about 100 yards away. Never saw them again.
On my way out I ran into our twins and their mom. I turned into a statue for a few minutes as they eyeballed me while they slowly made their way back to mom, then they danced down the trail.
No shots fired, but it was a pretty good day in the woods.

saw a little nubb buck trying to mount his mom on thursday
Lol!!! That's nasty.
So we've got this miniature buck goat. We also have two females that are taller. My wife is trying to make babies. We Willy the male goat can't close the deal. To short! My wife's convinced it will happen. I say how!! When there laying down. I'm like hunny, they ain't built like humans. Well this buck goat is smelling like crazy!!!! Like the nastiest pronghorn ever. He's just ruttin hard! Poor fella.

Lol!!! That's nasty.
So we've got this miniature buck goat. We also have two females that are taller. My wife is trying to make babies. We Willy the male goat can't close the deal. To short! My wife's convinced it will happen. I say how!! When there laying down. I'm like hunny, they ain't built like humans. Well this buck goat is smelling like crazy!!!! Like the nastiest pronghorn ever. He's just ruttin hard! Poor fella.
i had my crosshairs on his engine compartment with my safety off. i could not identify "visible antler" by regulation, so i had to pass. i saw two nubb bucks and thats it for the whole week in the unit i was hunting :mad:. had to pass on both.:(

puttin in for silvies unit next year. ukiahs been great for 20 years but, predation and overgrowth(its a 22 YO burn area now) has definately impacted our hunts...big time. a buddy i was with saw 3 cougar kittens with spots(cant shoot'm legally when they have spots). statistically, thats atleast 150 or more less deer going to be there next season.

i had my crosshairs on his engine compartment with my safety off. i could not identify "visible antler" by regulation, so i had to pass. i saw two nubb bucks and thats it for the whole week in the unit i was hunting :mad:. had to pass on both.:(

puttin in for silvies unit next year. ukiahs been great for 20 years but, predation and overgrowth(its a 22 YO burn area now) has definately impacted our hunts...big time. a buddy i was with saw 3 cougar kittens with spots(cant shoot'm legally when they have spots). statistically, thats atleast 150 or more less deer going to be there next season.
Shoot them kittens baby

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads