JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm confused, all you hunters don't know how to butcher your kills???o_Oo_Oo_O

LOL, I've got a detached shop where the deeds go down (sober or not) & not in the house.:D

We strung Linda's deer up on the cherry picker in the shop. Stuffed frozen milk jugs in the carcass and started skinning. Notice I said "we". Tomorrow we will butcher it up and vacuum pack it. Then the left over scraps will go to Shy-Ann Meats in OC for some pepperoni and summer sausage. With all of the time and effort we put into getting one of these critters, I hate to waste any of it.

I will call em tomorrow if I remember. Will make contact with top choice too.

Not sure how it is legal, or how to tell if you do get it back, but I know it can be an issue. Not sure what legal regs are involved with game processing.

I really enjoyed curing/butchering and processing my deer 2 years ago, but not enough room for an elk.
The deer I bring home feed on wheat and alfalfa fields in eastern Oregon. They have a really mild and sweet flavor. If I got a gamey, sagebrush tasting pile of meat back I'd be really suspicious.

We strung Linda's deer up on the cherry picker in the shop. Stuffed frozen milk jugs in the carcass and started skinning. Notice I said "we". Tomorrow we will butcher it up and vacuum pack it. Then the left over scraps will go to Shy-Ann Meats in OC for some pepperoni and summer sausage. With all of the time and effort we put into getting one of these critters, I hate to waste any of it.

Sorry I didn't come back to this thread. That's awesome to have your significant other to help after the trigger was pulled, that's what it's all about.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top