JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can put in for emergency hunts and possibly get an additional deer.

''EMERGENCY HUNTS An emergency hunt is a hunt held on short notice to address acute agricultural or reforestation damage. Most game damage situations are addressed during the annual big game seasons and the ODFW anticipates very few emergency hunts during any year. Emergency hunts may be held on a private property ownership or multiple ownerships wherein the district biologist has established a hunt area. On average, about 200 tags are issued annually statewide. Emergency hunt bag limits are in addition to any animals harvested during general seasons, controlled hunts, or leftover hunts''.

Nope joe, not down here that I'm aware of. You pick your season and armament of choice and that's it.
You can't hunt deer or elk with a bow then go and pick up a rifle or muzzle loader and hunt that season as well.

That's true - I was thinking about WA Regs. Of course those extra seasons are triple what your first tag will cost.

OK you can't use your dogs to bring them to you. Just in case you're from the south also.:D
We can get a 'X' tag I guess that lets us get another doe,here in Idaho. We're not like the east coast but the farmers would like the multiple deer option

OK you can't use your dogs to bring them to you. Just in case you're from the south also.:D
We can get a 'X' tag I guess that lets us get another doe,here in Idaho. We're not like the east coast but the farmers would like the multiple deer option

Still very sad, and yes I'll be leaving the dog at home too.

Don't forget rain gear. You will need it. If you plan on rifle hunting elk, get two sets of rain gear. You'll need a second set for when the first set starts leaking. They WILL leak during elk season.

You can get one deer per tag. If you want more then one then buy a bow and a muzzle loader and hunt those seasons as well.

Your yearly hunting regulations book should have every answer you would ever ask.

Buying a bow and a muzzle loaded tag does not allow you additional deer tags. you get one buck tag and 1 draw tag if you draw one and 1 raffle tag if you win so the max is 3 deer and only if you draw and win. NO additional deer tags for using different harvesting tools In other words you can not have 1 buck deer tag for rifle and another buck deer tag for archery and another for buck deer tag for black powder. you get one and only one buck deer tag not matter what you choose to hunt with unless as mentioned you draw either a doe or raffle tag.

the additional tags are draw only. and each tag just one and again only if you draw a tag in the drawings.

Beef is easier, and most likely cheaper. You don't have to get up early and hike miles carrying a bunch of stuff. There's no competition for the beef, unless it's a really good sale and they might run out. You don't have to get really wet or cold getting the beef. Beef will have the hair and guts already gone. One of the best things is there's almost ZERO chance of getting shot while getting your beef.

I vote for beef!

Beef is easier, and most likely cheaper. You don't have to get up early and hike miles carrying a bunch of stuff. There's no competition for the beef, unless it's a really good sale and they might run out. You don't have to get really wet or cold getting the beef. Beef will have the hair and guts already gone. One of the best things is there's almost ZERO chance of getting shot while getting your beef.

I vote for beef!
All very true Mike.
But I do look very silly sneaking up to beef cooler after checking it out with my field glasses , then of course some of customers get up set when I shoot the beef.
Not to forget to mention I spent all this money on field gear and get funny looks when I carry it in the grocery store.
Hunting at the store just isn't the same as being in the wild.
LOL
Andy

All very true Mike.
But I do look very silly sneaking up to beef cooler after checking it out with my field glasses , then of course some of customers get up set when I shoot the beef.
Not to forget to mention I spent all this money on field gear and get funny looks when I carry it in the grocery store.
Hunting at the store just isn't the same as being in the wild.
LOL
Andy

There's a picture for ya'! HAA!

I'd go hunting....Get up early, stay in camp, stay warm, cook the food, drink whiskey around the fire. Let you crazies hike all over he!!.
:s0062:

Buying a bow and a muzzle loaded tag does not allow you additional deer tags. you get one buck tag and 1 draw tag if you draw one and 1 raffle tag if you win so the max is 3 deer and only if you draw and win. NO additional deer tags for using different harvesting tools In other words you can not have 1 buck deer tag for rifle and another buck deer tag for archery and another for buck deer tag for black powder. you get one and only one buck deer tag not matter what you choose to hunt with unless as mentioned you draw either a doe or raffle tag.

the additional tags are draw only. and each tag just one and again only if you draw a tag in the drawings.

Again, I was posting WA Regs.... Y'all in OR got the shaft.

We can buy as many tags as we can afford more or less.

Don't forget that in Washington you can get a special tag if you are unfortunate enough to whack a deer or elk with your vehicle. Not the best way to do it and bumper placement is extremely important for the best results!:cool:

Again, I was posting WA Regs.... Y'all in OR got the shaft.

We can buy as many tags as we can afford more or less.
oregon and washington are constantly getting shafted either way. and not like the john shaft- shaft but more like the shaft pounding they do when they build overpasses.:eek:

You are allowed 1 deer and 1 elk in WA unless they just change the regs in the last year

Triple checked last year and you can buy your first 'season' (bow, muzzle or moder firearm) for the regular price.

After that, you can buy a multiple season tag for one or both of the other 2 seasons - it's just that it costs about triple what the fees are for a single season Tag.

I'll dig around in the regs and post a picture of the fee breakdowns.

I was going to buy a bow off CL until I found out that I would be paying about $50 for the first tag (never filled it) and closer to $150 for a '2nd season' Tag.

I may be wrong in that you can not do all three but my understanding was you could if you could afford it.

Found it.

Deer and packages up top.

Very bottom is the multi season prices.

image.png

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class