JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is only so you can HUNT all three seasons,bow,muzzle gun and rifle.
It does not allow for more than one(1) deer though.
Keep reading Joe;)

I think you may have to submit an application for multi season but I'm not sure.

It was my understanding that if you had more then one tag then you can take one animal per tag.

I could be wrong - it took me a year of reading and asking questions to even get a mediocer understanding of the Regs (being right next to OR and all their different rules makes it that much more confusing for me). Getting into hunting without any background is one of the hardest hobbies Ive tried to get into.

I love my dad but his dad taught him to hunt and he never did that for me - granted he learned in TX, OK and some middle states. We are not on good terms after he recently announced the world would be better without guns... (There were some other things said but not worth talking about).

I think you can apply for "special hunts" and get additional tags. But not sure.... I'm going later this year and it's my first time in WA. Used to hunting in the Dakota's where you can get about as many tags as you want to buy..

You can get an extra doe tag in some areas but if you get the "three season tag" that's just so you can hunt like we USED to be able to hunt. Whatever the weapon ,all season......
But one animal per tag,deer or elk.

Move to a southern state like Alabama some of them have a multiple deer bag limits but the deer are smaller and more abundant to the point of being a problem

Didn't know somebody had something smaller than some of the Willamette Valley blacktails. Some of them aren't much bigger than a german shepherd. Maybe they're bigger up towards the top of the Cascades.

All very true Mike.
But I do look very silly sneaking up to beef cooler after checking it out with my field glasses , then of course some of customers get up set when I shoot the beef.
Not to forget to mention I spent all this money on field gear and get funny looks when I carry it in the grocery store.
Hunting at the store just isn't the same as being in the wild.
LOL
Andy

Did you take that shot from your truck? I'm calling the warden!

One buck each for the wife and I, and a bull elk is enough meat for us. Good posts tho.

deer 2028.jpg deer 002.jpg deer 005.jpg

One thing I would suggest to a new hunter is to field test your gear before hunting season.
A bag that dosen't hang right , boots not broken in , clothes that fit well at the store or home , might not fit so well when out and about etc ...
All these little things can be a big discomfort when in the hunting field.
Andy

One thing I would suggest to a new hunter is to field test your gear before hunting season.
A bag that dosen't hang right , boots not broken in , clothes that fit well at the store or home , might not fit so well when out and about etc ...
Andy
Great point Andy Scouting trips are the time to test your gear. Catch a rainy day if you can to check that rain gear.

Andy

Great point Andy Scouting trips are the time to test your gear. Catch a rainy day if you can to check that rain gear.

Best advice for equipment!!!:cool:

I'd probably go in flip flops before I went hunting with a pair of brand new, not broken in boots - it's murder on the feet to try and break in leather boots in 12-14 hours stretches.:eek:

Of course anyone that's been in the military will probably say something similar lol.:D

Andy
Test your scent crap. My friend brought some up and did his laundry and now I look like I broke out in hives

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews