JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the general season, yes it is one deer not having less than one forked antler. Don't shoot a doe and don't shoot a bull elk thinking that's a big f***ing deer man. Don't get discouraged if you don't bag an animal this year. Blacktail deer are one of the hardest game animals to hunt. Start scouting and planning 6 months ago and plan for your plan to go up in smoke when you find your honey hole has been logged or some jack apple in a diesel is parked 50 yards away loudly asking his buddy who is taking a wizz on a deer rub while smoking a cigarette if he sees anything. Deer season for me is a chance to spend a lot of alone time in the woods, enjoying the sights and smell of fall, the most wonderful time of the year. A buck is just a bonus.

Yep oregon and washington 1 deer per year. you can apply for a doe tag (girl deer) and if your lucky draw one of them then you get to harvest 2 deer there is a raffle if you like forking over more cash to odfw for chance to win an additional tag. Trust me unless you have access to private land you'll be lucky to get that one deer with the increased cougar population.

Move to a southern state like Alabama some of them have a multiple deer bag limits but the deer are smaller and more abundant to the point of being a problem.

Read the regulations carefully oregon has some funky rules on where you can hunt and what you can hunt with ect.

Last Edited:
You can get one deer per tag. If you want more then one then buy a bow and a muzzle loader and hunt those seasons as well.

Your yearly hunting regulations book should have every answer you would ever ask.

Welcome To Oregon. we have ghost deer and they are small. And you have general season where you are allowed one.

Cougars get more than we do.

Hey all,

So I'm wanting to go and hunt for the first time this year. I was looking at :Deer |

and it says I'm allowed to take one deer? Am I missing something or is one really the limit?

You find one and shoot it.

Then a Cougar.

Then a Bear.

After that. You will have covered a lot of ground! ;)
If you still need to do some hunting. Fill the tags some farmer has to control the Deer population affecting whatever it is he grows.

There are ways to shoot a bunch of animals if you make contacts and set it up.

You want to find where you will have access and get out there with a good pair of binoculars and get to know the land. If you are hunting west of the mountains, look for clearcuts that are a few years old with plenty of green stuff growing. Seems like a cut is good for several years after it gets replanted. The deer will generally bed down in the first 100 yards of the tree line. Or, if the reprod is over 8 feet tall and fairly thick, they will sometimes bed in the middle of it. You'll find deer turds (M&M size, elk are more like Rolos or Milk Duds). And rubs on smaller trees like alders where bucks remove velvet and leave scent.

Good boots, clothing and binoculars are the most important pieces of equipment. It doesnt take an expensive rifle and a yard of scope to hunt deer.

You can get one deer per tag. If you want more then one then buy a bow and a muzzle loader and hunt those seasons as well.

Your yearly hunting regulations book should have every answer you would ever ask.

Nope joe, not down here that I'm aware of. You pick your season and armament of choice and that's it.
You can't hunt deer or elk with a bow then go and pick up a rifle or muzzle loader and hunt that season as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top