JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend mentioned that a cheap gun is best to use as a sacrificial lamb. I hate to arm the opposition. Especially our militant snowflakes.So I hope one of you good guys gets to my body first

I learned a long time ago. Do not leave anything your not willing to have stolen in your car. Up to and including a set of designer sun glasses. You would be surprised what people will break into a car for.

Had some tools stolen once - they hit every car in the parking lot - one just to get a pack of cigs and sunglasses. Yeah - some people will steal anything not nailed down - they once took some junk computers from my carport - tried to get them to come back and take the broken monitors too but no bites. :mad:

Another time they cut the cable for a CB antenna, leaving scratch marks in the pain when they dragged the magnet mount off - the antenna was useless without the cable and it would cost more than the antenna to have a new one attached.

To answer the OP's question - yes, I do - a pistol or two, but it is stored in a semi-hidden compartment so they would have to really dig for it to find it. My daily driver has a factory alarm - I can leave the windows open and if you stick your arm in the alarm goes off - I actually did that by mistake one day - parked with one window open that I did not notice.

The main thing is to not leave anything visible that someone would want and to not leave valuable things in obvious places like the glove box. If I were to take my car in for service I would strip all the stuff out of it.

More than a few players I knew in San Diego had vehicles stolen and eventually recovered by police. All had been thoroughly ransacked and a few were stripped to the frame.

Last Edited:
Just curious if folks actually leave their firearms in their car? I have a colleague that kept a G26 in the glove box. He dropped his car off at a body shop for repairs that took 4 days. Went to pick up his car and the gun was gone. I spend a lot of time in my car for work and sometimes just dont like to cc. Im guilty on occasion of leaving my weapon concealed in the car, but am I the only dumbass that does this?
A gun comes with a whole new set of responsibility, no matter how much it cost or how old it is, if it can kill know where it's out of unauthorized hands, there's always a chance of that one time that no one wants happen to them or to anyone. Carelessness can effect any life.

I carry a firearm for my job. Part of my job involves entering County buildings - The Multnomah Building, Multnomah County Courthouse, among others, where it is illegal to carry a firearm unless you are authorized to do so by the State. As such I have to leave my firearm unsecured and unattended in my vehicle.

Even though it is a company issued firearm, I'm still not comfortable leaving a weapon unattended, where an undesirable could get it and take an innocent persons life with it. As such, my company invested in small safes that are drilled into the floors of our vehicles where we can store our weapons when we have to enter County buildings.

If I were to ever leave my personal weapon unattended in my vehicle, it would only be if I bought one of those safes myself.

I've been out for the day and ended up having to leave my CC in the car because it is prohibited in the building. I was surprised to find out it was not banned in the state capitol but is at regular court houses.

Last Edited:
Much to my surprise I found a small almost invisible "glove box" to the lower left of the steering wheel that fits a small all stainless gun (this was 2 years after I bought the car. silly me, I assumed it was just the fuse cover). With the cutting of a small hole to fit the barrel I got a nice hide to stash a gun if I need to.
I don't normally keep a gun in the car, but if I feel I need to It's there.

2009 Vibe (Matrix)
car gun 3.jpg
car gun 2.jpg
car gun.jpg

My CC is on me or in the center console - I don't use the glove box cuz guess where I leave my insurance and other info I might need if stopped by the cops. I don't need those issues...

If going on a trip 30 miles or further then I take a shotgun or other long gun and it goes under the back seats or in the trunk.

I plan on if I have to walk home then I'm going to have something with a little more reach then my cc

Joe you need to watch Hickok45 ring the gong at 80yards with a hand gun, they have plenty of reach, its us that don't! Practice can fix that. I have a couple 22 revolvers that I hit 6" steel plates at a measured 50yards off a rest, I'm just too shaky for freehand nowadays.
Gabby

Joe you need to watch Hickok45 ring the gong at 80yards with a hand gun, they have plenty of reach, its us that don't! Practice can fix that. I have a couple 22 revolvers that I hit 6" steel plates at a measured 50yards off a rest, I'm just too shaky for freehand nowadays.
Gabby

I'm fairly good with a pistol, at least better then the average bear but nowhere near some of the amazing shooters out there.

Shoulder mounted guns are inherently more accurate the further you go out though imo.

Picked this up Friday so it will be with me a lot:

IMG_1930.JPG IMG_1933.JPG

There is a M&P Shield in every vehicle I own. Thus far I have never had a truck gun stolen and I have carried one for many years. My dad did have a revolver stolen on a trip to Portland one time but they broke in to steal my step moms purse that had been left on the floor of the truck (this has been 35 years ago when us small town folks didn't think of such things)

My thought is its just another tool, Its far from the most expensive tool in my truck. I carry several thousand dollars worth of my fireman turnouts, tools and equipment everywhere I go and a firearm is just another piece of gear.

That said it the average crook who broke into my truck would get quite a lot but would likely not find my Shield.

If it was stolen I would just get another one out of the safe and put it in the truck, probably have to find a new spot for it though. :D

They don't do me any good home in the safe.

Now would I leave a $2000 rifle in my backseat in plain view? Or leave a $800 pistol in the glovebox? Nope. But a $300 Shield that was bought as a truck gun will stay in the truck.

I should also note that the truck is alarmed and always locked, there are 4 cameras that have a view of it while it's parked at home which is in a fully fenced and well-controlled area. Is it 100% safe? Of course not, there is always a risk, but the risk of losing the pistol to a thief I see as a smaller risk than the risk of not having the pistol should I need it.

I leave extra mags in the console from time to time, but never a gun... Teenage kids that will take the cars to school make that a very bad idea... that said if i'm in the car so is my GHB, thus so is my G17 and at least 51+1.... someday when the kids have thier own cars, and I don't have to share anymore... I got plans
97AF0F4F-7BC0-473F-9434-249DEBA4086D-1020-000002374A355AFC_tmp.jpg

BEF49056-4D5B-428E-A484-44E0860704CB-1020-0000023768D263C2_tmp.jpg

I have never had anything stolen by a mechanic(that I noticed anyway) but I once found a pint of vodka in my console when I got my car back. Evidently the mechanic used my car for a liquor store run during the test drive... real professional. It wasn't my choice of mechanic, it was an issue with a car I had just bought, and the dealer had an account with them so he had me take it there.
I went to school to be a diesel mechanic, but tweaked my spine to the point that it's not a trade I can do anymore, but I do most of my own wrenching when my health allows. If something is above my paygrade, or if I don't have the right tools... there is only one mechanic I take my car to... R&R motors in Castle rock, Chris the manager is a good friend of mine, and I completely trust him... They are far from conveniently located, but it's very rare to find a good honest mechanic. I highly recommend them.

Last Edited:
I was at a Honda dealership in Eugene last week getting oil and filter changed. While I was waiting a customer rep and a mechanic walked up to a couple waiting and said the mechanic needed to go in through the glove box to check the cabin filter, but since there was a gun in the box they needed the couple's permission to continue. Couple said okay, rep and mechanic went back to what they were doing. Not bad for Eugene.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads