JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious if folks actually leave their firearms in their car? I have a colleague that kept a G26 in the glove box. He dropped his car off at a body shop for repairs that took 4 days. Went to pick up his car and the gun was gone. I spend a lot of time in my car for work and sometimes just dont like to cc. Im guilty on occasion of leaving my weapon concealed in the car, but am I the only dumbass that does this?

The Charter Arms Bulldog 3" .44 Special Revolver has been retired and assigned permanent residence in the HD,M,V,BOB,7-10D bag. Heavy duty multiple duffle vehicle bug out bag 7 to 10 day survival bag for two.

Untraceable. Clean. Not stolen yet. Includes four, (4) five, (5) round speed loaders loaded with fresh Winchester Silver Tip ammo. Gun heavily oiled. Ammo stored separately but close by. Worth about $150 if stolen.

No other firearms are stashed in the bags because the bags this time of year reside in our two, (2) baby SUV 4x4 Jeeps. The entire bug out bag ensembles are not THAT valuable. If stolen so be it. Wildfire season. :(

Trying to equalize the paragraph length is always fun. It changes every time you edit.

I learned a long time ago. Do not leave anything your not willing to have stolen in your car. Up to and including a set of designer sun glasses. You would be surprised what people will break into a car for.

As for your friend, he was very dumb for that situation. I've had a mechanic shop steal from my car in the past. Now I won't even leave spare change in the cup holder.

Another one not to do, is give them your keys. Only give them the car key. I had a friend get his home robbed. They went in through the front door. Thankfully he had a couple hidden cameras. Guess who it was, a friend of a guy making molds of keys back at the shop for a cut.

Leaving a Firearm in a vehicle is a bad idea at any time. You can be held libel for the work done by someone else who decides to steal that firearm. Just not s good idea.

I see no need to give my local crack heads easy pickings. Truck has been broken into once while parked in my driveway.
Gun gets put in the truck and then taken out every time.

My gun is always on ME. Sometimes an AR pistol in the trunk for longer road trips. But I never leave a gun in my car.

Agreed with by me here too. Gun is on me all the time. Never leave it in my truck even in my nano safe over night. Sorry for your loss. Hope you have found another auto shop too.

I leave nothing of value in my car except the dash cam and some spare change that is hidden. If a thief looks in my car, they will see nothing but empty. Even when at home my car is empty and locked in my locked garage.

I'll leave mine in my truck but who ever wants it is going to work like hell to get it!! I never leave in over night though it's just in case I decide to go into a bar with my wife for a beer! Stupid Washington laws:confused::mad:

My CC is on me or in the center console - I don't use the glove box cuz guess where I leave my insurance and other info I might need if stopped by the cops. I don't need those issues...

If going on a trip 30 miles or further then I take a shotgun or other long gun and it goes under the back seats or in the trunk.

I plan on if I have to walk home then I'm going to have something with a little more reach then my cc.

EDIT: One day later and I find this little honey, so now I have a dedicated gun for the car/truck that I'm very happy with;):

IMG_1930.JPG IMG_1933.JPG

Last Edited:
I don't even keep the registration and insurance ID card in the glove box, identity thieves look for that stuff in droves so they can gain your address to rob your home, and/or "go shopping" in your name. The credentials are hidden pretty well in each of our vehicles that would take too much time for a thief to find.

As for leaving a weapon unsecured in an auto..... stupid.

I don't even keep the registration and insurance ID card in the glove box,
same here I keep mine in my wallet on me.

as for the gun I would if I came into a free gun or maybe something under $100... I don't know where the line is but it would have to be something I wouldn't care if stolen and then would I even want to bother, would it be worth depending on if ever needed? Very few guns that are worth the risk of theft are worth depending on.

We consider the used up old revolver inside the bug out bags as just another tool. No different than the tent, bags, water, food, purifiers and the other dozen needful things. Most is second hand. Very little is new. All is considered expendable.

The bags also include personal items necessary for carrying on in todays world if we are instantly displaced. This includes a 30 day Rx supply, a debit card, some cash, (not much) trade items, a cell phone, chargers and etc., etc.. All in the vehicles.

For that matter my older Suzuki 4x4 baby Jeep is also a throw a way. We are prepared to waste the vehicles in order to get out of Dodge instantly. We at one time had only a hard 15 minute warning to get out. Wildfire. There was no warning.

The grab and run 35 pound 3 day back packs stay by the front door and follow us around when traveling by car. The expensive stuff. The rifles and load out we carry. Anything carried in a vehicle is subject to theft. We have armored spots.

These are small key pad or key operated heavy steel small handgun safes bolted to the very rear of the baby Jeeps. There is enough space to relocate the bug out bag revolver. Nothing of value or use is kept in the glove box. Not secure.

www.Fas1Safe.com

I had a compartment under a removable storage in the center console in my ford escape I kept a pistol in.
Now I keep one in a safe cable tied under the seat.
Even when I carry it's nice to have a backup close by

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top