JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The excellent question was asked if this is normal for Cave Junction. Already answered and thank you. Yep ... pretty much normal. Dodge City. Tombstone. What is interesting is that there MAY be some subtle or other news censorship as to what routinely goes on here. Interesting town.

How would YOUR moral physical criminal and ethical behavior be possibly influenced with the knowledge that there is ZERO law enforcement here most of the time? Zero being defined as State Police being sometimes hours away. If then. No local or county services mostly. Bodies lay for hours.

I love it here. :)

I think I would adopt the habit of being armed more frequently.

Cave junction checklist

1.gun
2.back up gun
3.right pocket knife
4.left pocket knife
5.extra mags
6.pennies to throw to distract tweakers/bums

Seriously I won't gun unarmed in this town. As mentioned above there is no law enforcement out here and a excess of human garbage. I enjoy living here and I'll raise my kids here but I just make sure I keep my gun(or two)close by.

I stepped out back of work to have a smoke not to long ago. There's a tweaker/bum on the other side of the dumpster in front of me. He ends up pulling out part of a ratchet strap with a chunk of metal tied to the end of it. Not sure what he's was planning on doing with it but whatever it was he decided not to and walk away when I took out my knife.

Another time same situation out back for a smoke and there's a guy going through our recycling. As I'm walking up to him to say something I see under his right arm sleeve he has some type of blade/stabbing thing. Looked like piece of think metal plating that was sharpened at the tip. I just backed up and kept my eye on him.

There's nothing to really do about it either. You can call and make a report and a sherif May show up to take statement in the next week. Maybe. But even if they do was a crime committed. They just ask them to move along.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top