JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Serious question: Does the state have a choice? Not sure the state has the authority to cancel a public initiative (or referendum or whatever) at this point in the game unless it violates the established rules of public initiatives.
Do we have examples where other initiatives were pulled by the State even though they met the signature requirements?

If the residents opposing IP17 are not able to convince a majority to defeat this at the ballot then we are going to deal with it or move to a free State. If the polls are not to be trusted, as many here believe, than maybe we don't have anything to worry about and voters will soundly reject this IP in November. I think the polls are more accurate than others believe and this IP is likely to pass unless there is a monumental effort by the opposition to convince others to vote no on it. The opposition's effort thus far has been lackluster and I don't see any signs that is going to change.

Do we have examples where other initiatives were pulled by the State even though they met the signature requirements?
If this bill had language that stated all gun owners would have all firearms confiscated, would be stripped of all possessions, have an identifying tattoo placed on their forehead and sent to a uigher camp in China for 20 years of reeducation it would not be stopped by the State or the 9th Circuit.

If the residents opposing IP17 are not able to convince a majority to defeat this at the ballot then we are going to deal with it or move to a free State. If the polls are not to be trusted, as many here believe, than maybe we don't have anything to worry about and voters will soundly reject this IP in November. I think the polls are more accurate than others believe and this IP is likely to pass unless there is a monumental effort by the opposition to convince others to vote no on it. The opposition's effort thus far has been lackluster and I don't see any signs that is going to change.
Pretty much it in a nutshell. We fight through politics, edducation, and socialization to keep our rights or it's game over. Looking for a way to convincingly make it sound like Trump wants this legislation and the organizers were using his money to make it happen.

Some meetings to listen in on for Ballot Measure 114 (IP 17)

Explanatory Statement Reconsideration Meeting
10 -12 p.m., Friday, August 5
IP 17 Explanatory Statement Committee
08/05/2022 — 10:00 AM
link to: Video

Fiscal Estimate Reconsideration Meeting
1 p.m., Friday, August 5
Financial Estimate Committee
08/05/2022 — 01:00 PM
link to: Video

This meeting shows that standard capacity mags will not be grandfathered in for normal everyday use. And if the rules of use by civilians are not followed it will be a misdemeanor offense subject to arrest and prosecution. Not good.

It's almost like they don't what you to have the ability to defend yourself against the criminals (their voting block)…

Guess it's time to shop a .44 magnum revolver. If they want to limit capacity, May as well up the power and make each round count…

This meeting shows that standard capacity mags will not be grandfathered in for normal everyday use. And if the rules of use by civilians are not followed it will be a misdemeanor offense subject to arrest and prosecution. Not good.
Even if it passes, "we" know it will eventually be challenged and reversed, but I kind of have to think in the interim it would largely be like Kalifederations current situation. Yeah.. the law exists, but all LE has been instructed not to persue any investigations, make arrests, file charges or prosecute any cases regarding their mag ban.

They don't have much choice since any charges filed would be easily and summarily dismissed under a constitution violation challenge. In addition, if they do, it opens them up to potential rights violations charges against the state.

Kinda stupid for OR to even try. Not that evident stupidity has stopped them before, I guess. I mean, if they could see anything beyond their dream bubbles they would already know all their efforts and taxpayer expenses to even bring these measures forward is a waste to begin with.

Considering too that 50% of OR households have firearms, and a large percentage of those would be turned into criminals overnight, you gotta wonder if they shouldn't be somewhat in fear of their jobs. Even if someone is anti-gun, when the realization hits that their pro-2A family member is now a criminal, I can't imagine that's going to sit too well.

They are simply going too far, and who knows.. maybe it will push more reasonable minds on the left to stop, think and reconsider... "WTF are we doing?!?"

Last Edited:
Will the entire text of the initiative appear on the ballot or just the watered down, reader digest, condensed version?

Cause that entire text needs to be there along with well thought out pro-gun rebuttals…
All the explanation will be in the voter handbook like all other measures. Unfortunately the one on the ballot will have the nonsense about it being a gun safety measure.

It's almost like they don't what you to have the ability to defend yourself against the criminals (their voting block)…

Guess it's time to shop a .44 magnum revolver. If they want to limit capacity, May as well up the power and make each round count…
That's why I went with the Metaba in .454!
Soon to be adding a Ruger Redhawk .44 Super Mag to the fold, goes along with the Old Army, might as well hit them with the fireball and smoke cloud as well!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top