JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is also an online zoom meeting tomorrow 7/28/2022 to discuss racial impact. Democrats using their favorite hammer the race card.

Contact: [email protected] | 503-986-1518 | Toll Free 1-866-673-VOTE
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE

Update: The location of this meeting is changing to online only. Register to attend via Zoom.​

Racial and Ethnic Impact Statement Hearing – Initiative Petition 17

The Secretary of State will hold a public hearing to receive testimony on the racial and ethnic impact statement for IP 17. This meeting will no longer take place at the Oregon State Archives building. Please register to attend online via Zoom. Updated meeting information is below.
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Thursday July 28, 2022

Register to attend online via Zoom
Purpose of Meeting
The Oregon Criminal Justice Commission (CJC) received a written request from a member of the Legislative Assembly from each major political party requesting a racial and ethnic impact statement pursuant to ORS 137.685 for Initiative Petition 17 that is related to crime and likely to have an effect on the criminal justice system. The CJC is responsible for preparing an impartial, simple, and understandable statement explaining the racial and ethnic impact.
The statement is filed with the Secretary of State who holds a public hearing to receive testimony. The CJC shall consider the public comment and may file a revised statement.
The statement, along with additional information and documents, will be shared on the Secretary of State's website.
Written Comments
To submit written public comments, please email them no later than July 28 at 10:30 AM to [email protected]. If you need special accommodation to submit comments, please call or email the Elections Division.

Contact Information
For questions on the general ballot measure process, please contact the Oregon Secretary of State Elections Division at 503-986-1518 or [email protected].

There is also an online zoom meeting tomorrow 7/28/2022 to discuss racial impact. Democrats using their favorite hammer the race card.

PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE

Update: The location of this meeting is changing to online only. Register to attend via Zoom.​

The Secretary of State will hold a public hearing to receive testimony on the racial and ethnic impact statement for IP 17. This meeting will no longer take place at the Oregon State Archives building. Please register to attend online via Zoom. Updated meeting information is below.

Thursday July 28, 2022

Purpose of Meeting
The Oregon Criminal Justice Commission (CJC) received a written request from a member of the Legislative Assembly from each major political party requesting a racial and ethnic impact statement pursuant to ORS 137.685 for Initiative Petition 17 that is related to crime and likely to have an effect on the criminal justice system. The CJC is responsible for preparing an impartial, simple, and understandable statement explaining the racial and ethnic impact.
The statement is filed with the Secretary of State who holds a public hearing to receive testimony. The CJC shall consider the public comment and may file a revised statement.
The statement, along with additional information and documents, will be shared on the Secretary of State's website.
Written Comments
To submit written public comments, please email them no later than July 28 at 10:30 AM to [email protected]. If you need special accommodation to submit comments, please call or email the Elections Division.

Contact Information
For questions on the general ballot measure process, please contact the Oregon Secretary of State Elections Division at 503-986-1518 or [email protected].
Always held when We the (Employed) People are at work, and always short notice to make sure we don't show up.

PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE

Thursday July 28, 2022

Purpose of Meeting
Written Comments

Contact Information

Always using the last min, changes to throw us off the trail, most of us work during those hours, and even if we didn't this last min change forces us to jump through hoops we shouldn't have to!

Vote like your lives and livelihood depends on it, because it sure does! These people need to be held accountable, not having public testimony except via Zoom and they can cherry pick who gets to speak and who they decide to block, this is complete horsesh!t!

If you haven't learned anything about Progressives yet- they don't give a flying F about the Constitution or SCOTUS rulings on their pet crap. They pass it and dare you to file a lawsuit and wait the 6 yrs it takes to work through the system.
They use your tax $$ and you use your $$ on the process

Is there a way to put a lawsuit against IP 17/18 in Federal court for this getting on the ballot?

Here's why I ask, since Rocky Mountain Gun Owners are going at the CO mag ban in Federal court

Likely, which leads you to wonder what checks are broken in place that should be preventing frivoulous and unconstitutional measures from ever reaching the ballots in the first place.
The State Attorney General is supposed to rule on the constitutionality of proposed ballot measures. That's why.

Looking through the guide it really doesn't appear that anyone is responsible for much of anything other than the most basic of procedural 'housekeeping' and they just play hot-potato with it :rolleyes:

I can say this about the process, if it's something THEY don't like they go WAY out of their way to disqualify the petition signatures. I recall a while back if they found an invalid signature they automatically deducted 10 (or was it the entire signature sheet?) signatures (valid or not) for each invalid one they found, then said the petition failed due to a lack of valid signatures.

I wonder how hard they worked at validating the signatures this time…. :rolleyes:

I can say this about the process, if it's something THEY don't like they go WAY out of their way to disqualify the petition signatures. I recall a while back if they found an invalid signature they automatically deducted 10 (or was it the entire signature sheet?) signatures (valid or not) for each invalid one they found, then said the petition failed due to a lack of valid signatures.

I wonder how hard they worked at validating the signatures this time…. :rolleyes:
I highly doubt they did anything more then open the box, count the total sheets and declare it good to go! This state is so corrupt, it's not likely they actually took the time to actually count and verify at all, or they did a "Random Sample" of 10 sheets and found them to be "Good" and sent it on as certified!

Exactly correct. A single signature found invalid is "supposed" to invalidate that entire signature sheet. It does appear there is some selective application in progress. With their actual signature count, and even giving it the benefit of being largely more "valid" than "typical"... there is no way the count would have fallen within the normal percentages of valid signatures to satisfy a ballot bid.

I think @Ura-Ki is likely right on point with his assessment and certainly shouldn't come as a suprise. Nor will a pass vote when the time comes. Federal court action is definately in our future, but will prevail... unless they just flat out defy SCOTUS. I'm not counting any chickens, but at least I feel more confident to remain hopeful more than in past years.

I doubt all the recent infringements put in place over the past couple decades will all magically unravel, but we'll certainly put a serious dent in them in the long haul. Not that a lot of kicking and screaming like 2yr olds won't be involved along the way. (Not that it won't be entertaining to watch...) 😜

The climate I see developing is more people (and officials) feeling more emboldend than in the past to defy a lot of the new "rules and laws" coming out from the woke-tards. The SCOTUS decision in large part giving us more validation of what we already knew, but for so long it's seemed to be so Un-PC to even mention anything against stricter controls... mainly considered somehow in support of "murder of the innocents". It's nice to see that confidence to oppose rekindled.

Last Edited:
My good buddy @etrain16 is fond of saying:
"We need to make the topic of Guns so toxic to any politician that they would not dare act" seems to be coming true, though it's going to take a while, we now know who the treasonous bastards are come hangin time!

Quite simple, for every chicken scrawled illegible signature the communists find, they just add ten.

...we now know who the treasonous bastards are come hangin time!
Very true! It just AMAZES me to see these politicians openly voting flat out against the 2A when SCOTUS just so recently gave them all a reminder spanking of what they are absolutely not allowed to do.

It just blows my mind how they can possibly justify unconstitutional actions of which they have taken an oath to uphold.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top