JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had colds that were worse than this. I've had influenza that put me on my back for a week with a 105+ fever. This Covid is almost nothing compared to a severe flu strain. Barely cleared a 100 fever . Everyone iss different though

The average age of a Corona Virus death is 79. The average age of death from all causes is 79.

I did manage to build this over the last few days. Not quite done yet.

Tt92Nt.jpg

I'll be sick on a bench in front of the lathe or laying in bed watching star trek. Makes no difference.

Hatawa and the kid have it too.

Last Edited:
Did i you cut rifeling in that barrel?

Its the original barrel. Still has the original rifling. Its just shorter. The thing about Standard and Mark Rugers is that they torque the bejesus out of those barrels and you'll goober up the receiver if you try to unscrew the barrel and its a real pain to get the timing right again if you do get the barrel off. . BUT if you are making an integral silencer anyway you'll want to turn the barrel shoulder off which relieves the torque and they usually easily unscrew and you can cut threads and the like without screwing the receiver finish up. Then slather it up with loctite and screw it back together and it will run fine.

Its the original barrel. Still has the original rifling. Its just shorter. The thing about Standard and Mark Rugers is that they torque the bejesus out of those barrels and you'll goober up the receiver if you try to unscrew the barrel and its a real pain to get the timing right again if you do get the barrel off. . BUT if you are making an integral silencer anyway you'll want to turn the barrel shoulder off which relieves the torque and they usually easily unscrew and you can cut threads and the like without screwing the receiver finish up. Then slather it up with loctite and screw it back together and it will run fine.
Im gonna guess you have a degree in engineering and a background in machining?

@wired getting any better? Sorry to hear this got ya. But clearly putting your time to solid use.

You said employees got it, so assuming you own a business. If you're a W2 employee under your biz, look at the 7200 form for "Advance Payment of Employer Credits Due to COVID-19" when you pay your next round of payroll taxes. Basically the feds will issue you a credit for your paid time to stay home. (and your staff). This is taken off the top of what you would pay in payroll taxes to the feds.

I am a department manager for a large bottling company. Several of my direct reports are out now because of it and yeah, we get a tax credit for it so no ones all that broken hearted about having to pay them . I'm 96% . It never was much worse than a cold. Still bad taste in my mouth but neither my wife or I developed any coughing or significant lung issues.

I am a department manager for a large bottling company. Several of my direct reports are out now because of it and yeah, we get a tax credit for it so no ones all that broken hearted about having to pay them . I'm 96% . It never was much worse than a cold. Still bad taste in my mouth but neither my wife or I developed any coughing or significant lung issues.

Glad to hear your doing well(er) :D now.

@wired Glad to hear you are doing ok. I survived my move! It was rough and in addition to having to move lots of heavy crap in 90f humid heat, l had to haul a 26 ft truck and car carrier over the Blue Ridge mountains in heavy fog and rain. But, im here and happy to be in South Carolina!

Im currently in Rock Hill at a brewery drinking a beer.. Looking forward to having a beer (or whatever) with you wired when you recover from Covid.

Stay well my friend and feel better. Glad to find another NWFA member here in South Carolina :D

Sounds good. Make sure to get signed up on carolina firearms forum.

Heading out to the coast for some fishing this weekend. Hopefully the sense of taste will be back by the end of the weekend. Beer tastes like sawdust right now.

@wired Glad to hear you are going to get back out and enjoy life.. Yeah, I hear the lost of taste and smell is a very annoying symptom of this illness. You may want to consider trying some Zinc supplementation which I have read can help to alleviate some of those symptoms.

I will definitely look into the Carolina Firearms Forum... I think I almost joined it in the past but never proceeded with the account verification. I am a member of Carolina Shooters Club forum and know the guy SkyDivinShooter who is the owner of the forum. It's a very , very small forum though. I am going to be trying to get my SC CWP in the next few weeks. Sucks that I just took an 8 hour course in TN and now have to do it all over again in South Carolina, but that's how it goes.. The SC CWP is a good one to have though and recognized by a lot of states. My AZ, UT and ID permits will allow me to carry in North Carolina for the time being. South Carolina has some bizarre firearm laws.. The whole having to ask permission to enter someones residence law throws me off a bit.. Also, wondering why such a conservative state bans open carry. I know that even Texas just recently legalized open carry of handguns. At least the gun ownership laws here are pretty good and like I can carry a gun in my glove box without a permit. Makes things easier until I get my permit.

My apartment looks like the aftermath of a nuclear apocalypse right now and will be spending weeks unpacking..

Look forward to meeting up with you when you are recuperated and have time.

@wired Glad to hear you are going to get back out and enjoy life.. Yeah, I hear the lost of taste and smell is a very annoying symptom of this illness. You may want to consider trying some Zinc supplementation which I have read can help to alleviate some of those symptoms.

I will definitely look into the Carolina Firearms Forum... I think I almost joined it in the past but never proceeded with the account verification. I am a member of Carolina Shooters Club forum and know the guy SkyDivinShooter who is the owner of the forum. It's a very , very small forum though. I am going to be trying to get my SC CWP in the next few weeks. Sucks that I just took an 8 hour course in TN and now have to do it all over again in South Carolina, but that's how it goes.. The SC CWP is a good one to have though and recognized by a lot of states. My AZ, UT and ID permits will allow me to carry in North Carolina for the time being. South Carolina has some bizarre firearm laws.. The whole having to ask permission to enter someones residence law throws me off a bit.. Also, wondering why such a conservative state bans open carry. I know that even Texas just recently legalized open carry of handguns. At least the gun ownership laws here are pretty good and like I can carry a gun in my glove box without a permit. Makes things easier until I get my permit.

My apartment looks like the aftermath of a nuclear apocalypse right now and will be spending weeks unpacking..

Look forward to meeting up with you when you are recuperated and have time.

A lot of the old Jim Crow laws are still on the books in the guise of protecting public safety. It is South Carolina. I grew up here and know it for what it is. Its changed but its still South Carolina. In any case that open carry thing almost got changed a couple of years ago but one of the main proponents ended up threatening to kill a state senator and it got shelved.

North Carolina firearms laws are worse and it is a MUCH more liberal state. The whole permission slip to buy a gun and ammo limits issue comes to mind. They do have a better open carry situation but at least SC does allow you to carry a firearm in your console without a permit. Im more concerned with NFA stuff than most people so for me SC is golden.

@wired

I understand some of these laws go way back and sometimes changing laws that have been on books for years can be a real challenge, especially with all the bureaucratic stuff.

To be honest, I rarely open carry, so it doesn't bother me. And, I agree North Carolina is much more liberal and has some crappy anti-2A laws .. I heard during Pandemic they literally denied people the right to buy handguns, since they stopped issuing their unconstitutional handgun purchase permits. I am surprised this couldn't be challenged in courts, since a state in theory is not suppose to deny people 2nd Amendment rights under any circumstance. Had no clue about ammo limits, but if that is the case even better reason not to live in North Carolina. Even California did not stop handgun sales like North Carolina did and that says something.

Everything you mentioned is why I chose to live on the South Carolina side of the border. I moved to Charlotte area because I lost my business in the Pandemic (which was already struggling). I have a small bit of residual income from it that is keeping me going for a little while, but need to find new work. There is a pretty good IT scene in Charlotte area and hoping I can find some IT work.

However, I am glad I don't have to deal with liberal government or have a Governor like Cooper or AG like Stein. Especially, with a potential for Democrat takeover and a psycho like Harris becoming President, I feel safer being on South Carolina side and believe the SC government would protect my 2A Rights, unlike Cooper and NC government who has vowed to push for an AWB. It's nice I can enjoy all North Carolina has to offer without being stuck there and living under their government.

Anyhow, I really like the Carolinas and hope I can spend a long time here in South Carolina. Very beautiful area and the people are pretty friendly here. The food and beer here is so much better than Tennessee (at least Nashville area where I was living). Haha, I really was missing the Carolina BBQ and been indulging every day since I been here :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top