JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the run down. Would you mind giving your age? Did you know when it first hit you. You know, like when you feel that first "tinge" of something when you getting a cold? There's probably more out there about initial symptoms but you'd have to search a lot I would imagine.

Do you have any idea where you got it?

I really hope you sail through this without any lasting effects. And thanks again for keep us in the loop as you go through this.
Get well soon (as you can) man!

I am 54 years old. I had two guys who work for me both go out at the same time for Covid last week. I had the fast antibody test done on Monday and actually came back negative and then they did the swab up the nose thing and it came out positive as of today.I have not had a chest x-ray although the breathing issues that I was having over the weekend last weekend went away after away after the 2nd day. Now it's just typical influenza type symptoms. Body aches, fever, loss of appetite and smell.

For me it was the really rapid onset of shortness of breath while sleeping that was the tip off.

I am 54 years old. I had two guys who work for me both go out at the same time for Covid last week. I had the fast antibody test done on Monday and actually came back negative and then they did the swab up the nose thing and it came out positive as of today.I have not had a chest x-ray although the breathing issues that I was having over the weekend last weekend went away after away after the 2nd day. Now it's just typical influenza type symptoms. Body aches, fever, loss of appetite and smell.

For me it was the really rapid onset of shortness of breath while sleeping that was the tip off.

That shortness of breath "Rapid Onset". In the beginning of this mess I'd heard/read that a little test you could do was take a very deep breath and hold it for 10 seconds. If it hurt or you couldn't do it, that it was/could be a sign that you've got covid. It wasn't long after that someone, maybe foochie? said that was BS. Sounds like that would have been your test for it? several hours, a day, before it "HIT" you. Not like you could have done anything? But it sort of points out how much info is out there that may be bunk.

Have you been given any medication?

Seriously. Thank You!

Body aches, check. Loss of smell and taste, check. Just my own aging body though. No "Rona" here.

It's more like what I think asthma sufferers have. The inability to take a satisfying breath. Very uncomfortable. I am not taking any additional meds .

Here's to a full and quick recovery @wired .. BTW, I am moving to South Carolina in a few days and see you live there. So stay healthy and well, because we may meet one day..

I am big into natural supplements, herbs and other remedies. I would advise you to keep up your Zinc (50mg), Selenium (100mcg),Quercetin, Elderberry extract, Vitamin D3 and co-factors (K2, Calcium, Magnesium).. Many other supplements I could advise, but not sure if you shun them. If you are interested you can check out Dr. Mercola's website. I managed to survive half a year in Africa with natural treatments, even warding off malaria.

I am following this regimen as a preventative, but some good info if you are interested in natural treatments. A lot of places ship online to your door, even overnight, such as VitaCost, Iherb, Amazon, etc.

I also had asthma growing up, which I managed to ward off through change of diet and natural supplements. Don't quote me on this , but from what I am reading, actually, the type of breathing inhibition you feel from Covid-19 is different from asthma, even though both are miserable. As a kid, I had asthma attacks so bad I went to the hospital a few times. Asthma actually results from bronchial tubes getting inflamed because of mucus build-up, whereas Covid is the result of the viral infection causing inflammation to the lungs which actually is much more like (and actually could be) an infection with pneumonia. It's a dry type of cough versus a wet cough like Asthma. Be cautious that those symptoms don't get worse as the sooner you have treatment the better if you develop pneumonia symptoms.

Avoid sugar (esp fruit juices, punch) completely if you can..

Lots and lots of liquids.

Last Edited:
List of most common symptoms - in order of progression - is out this week:

The order in which the symptoms tend to appear are:
  • Fever
  • Cough
  • Muscle pain
  • Nausea and/or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

"Fever is number one, followed by cough, followed by aches and pains — and they do not all have to appear in sequence, they can appear together," Lahita said of the first grouping of symptoms. After that, he said, comes nausea and vomiting, followed by diarrhea.

Not all patients experience the same set of symptoms.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has published a list of common COVID-19 symptoms. "People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus," CDC wrote, adding, "People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:"

Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Hope you kick it quick and get better soon, with no lasting detrimental effects.

My wife (A very young looking, fit and healthy 57) died last year of influenza, she wasn't feeling horrible. Had an appt with her neuro doc and discovered her o2 levels were a little low (Low 90%s) but came up with deep breaths which were uncomfortable. During the ride home (20 min) her neuro dr called me and recommended we go to ER and have them rule out pulmonary embolism as a precaution. We walked from the parking garage without issue, upon arrival at ER Her o2 levels were mid 70%. They couldn't believe she walked in there on her own. Put her on o2, then high flow cannula o2, then pressurized mask o2 and into ICU. I ran home for overnight kit (40 min), upon my return she was still texting friends and family letting them know she'd be in hospital overnight. Within six hours she went from walking into the ER to sedated and on a ventilator. Six days later she was dead! I was one of those that didn't bother with flu shot, never had concerns about getting the flu and thought of it as a minor inconvenience ifI did. DON'T bubblegum AROUND WITH THE FLU, Covid or not!

Wow... Just... wow... That must have been horrible and shocking. I'm sorry for your loss.

Here's to a full and quick recovery @wired .. BTW, I am moving to South Carolina in a few days and see you live there. So stay healthy and well, because we may meet one day..

I am big into natural supplements, herbs and other remedies. I would advise you to keep up your Zinc (50mg), Selenium (100mcg),Quercetin, Elderberry extract, Vitamin D3 and co-factors (K2, Calcium, Magnesium).. Many other supplements I could advise, but not sure if you shun them. If you are interested you can check out Dr. Mercola's website. I managed to survive half a year in Africa with natural treatments, even warding off malaria.

I am following this regimen as a preventative, but some good info if you are interested in natural treatments. A lot of places ship online to your door, even overnight, such as VitaCost, Iherb, Amazon, etc.

I also had asthma growing up, which I managed to ward off through change of diet and natural supplements. Don't quote me on this , but from what I am reading, actually, the type of breathing inhibition you feel from Covid-19 is different from asthma, even though both are miserable. As a kid, I had asthma attacks so bad I went to the hospital a few times. Asthma actually results from bronchial tubes getting inflamed because of mucus build-up, whereas Covid is the result of the viral infection causing inflammation to the lungs which actually is much more like (and actually could be) an infection with pneumonia. It's a dry type of cough versus a wet cough like Asthma. Be cautious that those symptoms don't get worse as the sooner you have treatment the better if you develop pneumonia symptoms.

Avoid sugar (esp fruit juices, punch) completely if you can..

Lots and lots of liquids.
Where are you moving to? I'm in the Charlotte metro area where everyone else in the country seems to be moving to as well.

Where are you moving to? I'm in the Charlotte metro area where everyone else in the country seems to be moving to as well.
Wired, I am moving to the Charlotte metro area as well :D .. Going to be living on the Fort Mill side of the Charlotte area... Glad to have you as a neighbor.. Actually, this will be my second time living in the Charlotte area, but didn't want to move back to the North Carolina side. I lived in Huntersville area for a short time. Currently, live in Nashville area, but originally from Oregon.

Wired, I am moving to the Charlotte metro area as well :D .. Going to be living on the Fort Mill side of Charlotte area... Glad to have you as a neighbor.. Actually, this will be my second time living in the Charlotte area, but didn't want to move back to the North Carolina side. I lived in Huntersville area for a short time. Currently, live in Nashville area, but originally from Oregon.
I also live in Fort Mill. Have you got a place yet?

I also live in Fort Mill. Have you got a place yet?
Yep, I am all set!! I am packing up my house and will be hauling a big Penske truck and car carrier over the Blue Ridge mountains in a few days. Got a good deal on an apartment in the area. I am moving to Charlotte area because I lost an already struggling business in the Pandemic. Will be going to Charlotte hoping to find some IT work, as Nashville market is pretty rough. I also just like the Carolinas more than Tennessee. I'm also a member on Carolina Shooters Club forum, not sure if you are on there.

Will be glad to have you as a neighbor.. So, please take care of yourself and get better soon.. Sorry you had to get hit by Covid. A lot people go through rough times with it, but you will get through it.

Yep, I am all set!! I am packing up my house and will be hauling a big Penske truck and car carrier over the Blue Ridge mountains in a few days. Got a good deal on an apartment in the area. I am moving to Charlotte area because I lost an already struggling business in the Pandemic. Will be going to Charlotte hoping to find some IT work, as Nashville market is pretty rough. I also just like the Carolinas more than Tennessee. I'm also a member on Carolina Shooters Club forum, not sure if you are on there.

Will be glad to have you as a neighbor.. So, please take care of yourself and get better soon.. Sorry you had to get hit by Covid. A lot people go through rough times with it, but you will get through it.
That trip through Asheville pulling a trailer is...interesting. Keep it slow.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top