JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had the 9mm years ago and loved it. Should have kept it.

Does it come with two magazines? If so, I'd call that a fair price.

I had a dp-51 9mm. They're very surprising for the money. The only downside is finding parts. I'm not sure if the .40 is the same as the 9mm, but it has a pretty cool feature with the trigger/hammer.

I had the 9mm years ago and loved it. Should have kept it.

Does it come with two magazines? If so, I'd call that a fair price.

I think it has two mags. I do not have a .40 so thought might be a cool one to have. I am a lefty so with the option with the clip drop, the ambi safety and the tri fire trigger. Or do I spend another hundie and get a Sig?

I almost hate to publicize the Daewoo, because I will someday get one myself again. I had the 9mm and it was flat-out superb. Parts are an iffy issue, but it is a superbly built military weapon and nothing should need replacing for many years. Know that Daewoo is out of business for ten years or more now, but tens of thousands of their guns were made for the Asian military market, as well as the various export runs for the USA under several different importers.

Nearly everyone who once sold their Daewoo pistol will state that they want it back. It has no "glamour" as a gun, but dang, it run good! Not so many modern autos have safety levers that click DOWN to disengage. There is no decocking feature, if manual decocking is an issue. That is an excellent price for the .40 cal!.............................elsullo

parts, parts parts, not a part to find.

other than the auction sites, good luck with parts.
i have a 9mm with a bulged barrel from bad factory reloads and havent been able to find a barrel replacement. tried overseas, local and national.

otherwise, great pistols

Sorry, but Daewoo industries really did collapse in the mid 1990's. It was just built too big and too fast with overleveraged assets, and the pyramid fell. There was a big bribery scandal that was the tipping point, but basically everything was collateral for everything else and it failed. The Korean government broke up the conglomerate, and various divisions were bought by other corporations so the mighty Daewoo name is mostly extinct. The military arms division was continued, but prodution and civilian marketing of the Daewoo pistols stopped. I do not know of any pipeline for civilian parts, though magazines are available. You can find all this with a little googling.

Book values for firearms are not gospel. They are always at least a year old, and do not reflect the subjective demand for uncommon guns. The .40 cal Daewoo is in great demand amongst those who know of them. I'd have to pay $400 today to get back the DP51 I sold a year ago in desperation for $300. That's a fact; I have tried. No firearms price book contacted me........................elsullo :(

So, elsullo, You are saying that an ONLINE subscription is giving us 1 yr old data? I don't think so. btw, it is updated during the year, too. Maybe the variables are that one part of the country will pay more than another.

Daewoo's they made a 380, 9mm, 40S&w and 45. Had 1 each. sold the 380 after the webing on my shotting hand got pinched by the hammer/slide something..
the 9 is a very nice hi-cap piece, magizines used to be available, but seemed to have gotten scarce now, and the 40 is a favorate, but there seem to be now reasonable mags availabe, they want some 50-60$ each. The 3 stage trigger is special feature. Good Luck. Very good value for the $ imho.

The Daewoo 9mm was stated to be designed to take Smith and Wesson 59 Series doublestack magazines; supposedly they are interchangable with Daewoo mags. So, in theory you could have a S&W backup mag that extends a little out of the Daewoo pistol.

BUT, the Keltec P11 supposedly also takes the S&W 59 Series mags, and thus should also fit the Daewoo mag. Alas, it is not so. I found that the Daewoo DP51 mag would not latch into the Keltec P11. The fit is good but the magazine catch cuts are different.

So, can anybody check and see if their S&W 59 Series mag fits into their Daewoo DP51? Has anybody done this?.......................elsullo :huh:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top