JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Northstar. :rolleyes:

It defines leaky leaky, drippy drippy and no visit to the clinic will help there.

That's also the definition of the Cadillac owner, aside from those driving white Escalades on pimped rims. Those are drug dealers.

I shart you not, when I was running a tow truck we did work for the US Marshal Svc and DEA when they'd dispose of a vehicle at auction. First three rigs I ever towed for them were identical, cream colored Escalades with limo tint, giant chromed rims, black leather interior. I'm pretty sure when you get promoted from street dealer to drug king pin, the International Brotherhood of Unlicensed Narcotics Distributors gives you an Escalade and a pair of burner phones.

It's also really unnerving when you park outside a Federal courthouse, in a no parking zone, waiting for a DUSM who is dragging his bubblegum, to bring the convict's car out to you while he's being sentenced, wondering if you're going to get tailed all the way back to Brashers, or if his associates are going to try getting the car back. Federal cops - especially DEA agents and US Marshals, are frickin' weird.

One of my buddies makes knives and is an avid collector.

They aren't like guns where some general rules will keep everyone safe.. the more you play with knives the more your gonna see some blood.

At least the sharp ones heal faster;).

you haven't lived until you removed a finger from a glove that was worn by an electrician using a hole-hog with a 1" auger bit.......and bagged it up for reattachment.

Mmmm..... that'd been gross! I helped pick up a few body parts (in my day) when a C-130 full of Honduran military commanders hit a "hill top" in +90°F. It took us almost three days to hack our way into the crash site....

You know it's bad when an Army coroner actually lost his marbles, we found him wandering around one night wearing nothing but his flip-flops on Palmerola A.B.

I cut myself last night with my Benchmade Bushcrafter. I have a chest rig for carrying my woods gun, and was thinking about carrying the Benchmade on one of the straps. I held the sheath on my body, about where I thought it would ride, and pulled the knife out. Sliced my finger in the process, and aborted that mission.

I've been cut so many times, I literally have scars overlapping scars. I don't own too many knives I haven't cut myself with at one time or another. A lot of the scars are from when I was a young, dumb kid doing stuff I shouldn't have been doing. I used to have 11 scars on one finger, but some of them have faded since then.

Super glue? Super bad infections can happen! It is those kind of events where you have the grand opportunity to practice suturing or get out the stapler!

1.jpeg
You can pick these up on Amazon. Bonus, it takes the fool factor out for those that witnessed the event when you patch your self back up. I last did this when teaching a class on square foot gardening and we moved onto drip irrigation and because I left my benchmade on a table at the other end of the room I started cutting 1/2" tube for folks to practice making the 1/4" connections to with a little leatherman and it folded up on my index finger, a real gusher. 5 minutes later all set and race to get back on schedule.

I was a carpenter waaay back when we actually used hammers and the fix for most anything outside of an amputation was to rip up a brown paper lunch bag and tape that sumbish up. Then get back to work, we're burnin' daylight.

I like the stapler idea LuckySG, thank you.

Pulled out my EDC,<snip>

Sucks being a human sometimes. :p

I know I'm not the only one that's done this, so post up if you dare! ;)

LOL so many times I lost track. I have long had an EDC knife. Tend to try to keep a "utility" type knife with me when around the home. Often the "utility" one is an old EDC taken out of service. The reason is I try to never use the EDC for anything "knife like", since I want it with all the blade and sharp if I need it. Most of us tend to use pocket knives as the catch all tool if it's handy and of course this can be hard on them. Due to this the EDC is sharp and like you I have ended up needing some band aids many times when I would see some "crud" on the good knife and carelessly try to clean it off. Only to decorate the blade with my blood :)

I used to do sheetmetal ductwork full-time (before serious OSHA regs)... you haven't lived until you've seen your exposed tendons through your laceration moving up and down when you flex your fingers.

Super-glue and/or (mainly) duct tape were always my go-to (more than a few times) and I never bothered with medical attention if my fingers could still move properly.
Mans man. Rub some dirt on it and go back to work :)

I cut through my thumb a couple years ago tying a lanyard onto a new BM Saddle Mountain Skinner I got for Xmas. A trip to ER on Christmas night to get stitches to hold it together and then a little surgery about 3 weeks after that to reattach the nerve so I would have some feeling in my thumb.
2yrs later and my thumb still feels like it is constantly asleep.
I was watching Christmas Story when it happened. We all know you'll shoot yer eye out if you get a Red Rider for Xmas but nobody said you'll cut your thumb off if you get a Saddle Mountain Skinner for Xmas.

This thread sucks without pictures!!!!!!!!!!! :s0143:

:s0122:

I cut myself with my EDC knife probably once every three months. Just did it last week when I was folding it closed. Push the blade right on my thumb, its healed up now.

20180216_154639.jpg

Man, I need to use some moisturizer.

When camping, it is now tradition for me to cut the S@#! out of one of my fingers.

- P

This thread sucks without pictures!!!!!!!!!!! :s0143:

:s0122:

I cut myself with my EDC knife probably once every three months. Just did it last week when I was folding it closed. Push the blade right on my thumb, its healed up now.

View attachment 431411

Man, I need to use some moisturizer.

When camping, it is now a tradition for me to cut the S@#! out of one of my fingers.

- P

Welcome to my world "Thumbelina". I love my autos and never fail to cut myself with almost each and every one. of them. (It's a "rite of passage").

Knives were verboten in the office (when I used to work) so I concealed my EDC folder inside the back waistband of my jeans, about 5 o'clock position with a leather belt covering the clip. Took me awhile to find a spring-assist that I liked because more than a couple ended up opening in my drawers and ripping my skivvies.

Pretty happy so far (for the past year) with a non-serrated Kershaw 1555TI.
Kershaw Knives Cryo 1555ti | Kershaw Knives

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads