JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its just a flesh wound.
k0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F77%2Fb6%2Fdf%2F77b6df3e6e3ba62a786dd8df201dd581--flesh-wound-monty-python.jpg

I have a multitude of scars on my hands and forearms from sharp and hot things that remind me of my time in kitchens.
One day i took a 7 inch boning knife to my fingertip while removing the rind from a wheel of parmesan for soup. That same day i was shown the usefulness of rock salt and lemon juice.

It was not fun, but stopped bleeding enough to prevent me from bleeding all over the prep kitchen.
Not my edc, but may as well have been at the time. I do have scars from the edc knives of others however. Thats how i learned not to jump in to fights i have nothing to do with.

I don't have any pics of my cuts. I could only post scar pics. But I've been cut with Bucks, Benchmades, Ka-Bars, Swiss Army Knives, a windshield, rocks, a truck hood, a mandolin slicer, an electric miter saw, a 2x4 to the head, fists, and a face plant while mountain biking, that I can think of right off.

My best was when I needed a 22 slug I saw in a 2x4 I'd shot. Don't remember why I wanted it but the jackknife folded up across my knuckle as I was digging at it. Stopped off at the landlords house and asked for help to make the gash a little more presentable to my wife. Didn't work, she made me go to the doctor anyway for 5 stitches. The kids took turns sitting on my lap watching the doctors sew together what ever it was that I was in to repair at various times.

I did a scalpel through the palm of my hand one time, was finishing up on a dude and tying off the last bleed and the damn thing slipped and went all the way to the hilt! That effer hurt for weeks after and did some permanent nerve damage, I get a funny ghost pain when ever I grab something just right! I bet I got ya all beat for dealing with severed parts, couldn't begin to guess at the number of limbs we bagged and sent off to the burner!
Was always a fan of 3M electrician's tape, it used to even have something in the adhesive that dulled the pain a little! I still keep a roll in my Med bag, its works wonders for keeping wounds closed and is water proof!

On February 14th, I'll be dragging along either,
  1. my brand new Buck 110 Auto (the day after I receive it) or,
  2. my new AGA Fishtail Picklock Auto. (The knife has some great Dark Horn scales).
I keep my knives "shaving sharp" so they are useful in both the field and/or the street.
God bless the USA, Italy, Germany, Taiwan, and China for their outstanding automatic knives. (I own examples from them all five countries).

I love great cutlery. (I'd be willing to bet that you do too).

Still need a new classic Switchblade of the Italian variety! Have a super slick KissingCrane allready, hoping to find something new, or at least a better version of what I have allready!:)

Would you care to be a bit more specific? If you go to www.BladePlay.com or www.BladeHQ.com you can "scratch that itch". I have friends in the knife industry that can help you find what you want at a reasonable price.

If you want an Italian style stiletto that's more useful than the standard Italian "toad-stabber" variety, AGA Campolin (pronounced Camp-o-lean) is producing a lever lock with a dagger style blade called the "Zero". This is a modern lever lock, open-close, leaf-spring fired knife that is made of stainless steel with G10 scales with a high-quality Bohler N690Co steel blade that holds an edge better than 440C and will probably last a lifetime. BladePlay is selling them for $179.99 shipped to your door. It is a modern stiletto design that can still serve while fishing in a trout stream.

I hope that this is helpful.

Last Edited:
When my brother first got his MT Halo III, the charging handle was tight and he pulled hard without having a good grip on the handle. Yep, he pulled the open blade through his closed grip and sliced his hand open good. Bummed me out because I think of that every time I close mine and it freaks me out.
My son flips balisongs and I am used to him getting nicked, but at least he doesn't slice his hand open.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top