I got the Charles Daly grips I ordered for my new Colt Detective Special SF-VI today in the mail. The wood is quite nice. There was only two problems with them. One, the milling was a bit out of alignment and they did not flush up when on the gun. The sides were slightly off kilter with each other. Two, they are just way too big for the gun. It looks unbalanced. I solved the first issue by simply plugging and redrilling the little holes that line up with the pegs on the bottom of the grip frame on one side of the grips. Luckily i t was just an issue of one hole being off by about 1/20th of an inch on one side of the grips. The second issue took more work. Here are the grips as they were when I first got them on the gun. First I set about working out what shape I wanted them to be by whittling away at one side of the grips. You can see the one on the left starting to take shape. Then once I got one side in roughly the correct shape I lined it up with the other side and started working it down. Then once I had both side matched to the basic shape I wanted I could start refining them. Now I can get them on the gun and start on the finishing touches. I should have them finished tonight.