JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can hunt them during hunting hours on public lands.

Anytime on private.

You can hunt them during hunting hours on public lands.

Anytime on private.
Ah, okay that makes sense. I was confused because I saw a lot of night hunting equipment and videos but it's all for private property. That's why I've always thought I'd never hunt coyote, pheasant, or ground squirrels because it's primarily all on private.

I can't remember if it's 30 minutes or an hour, but it's one of those two for before and after dawn and dusk. That and when the sun is up.

There are no restrictions on type of gun or size of caliber for coyotes. Only thing I'm uncertain about is bullet type. I can't recall if it is or is not acceptable to use FMJ. Best to just use hunting projectiles.

Have fun and be safe.

Also, be cautious of having an electronic call on you if hunting both coyotes and deer or elk. That's a big no no and you can be sited and have you hunting license revoked. Especially if you are using a fawnling in distress call as it can bring both dear and yotes, as well as mountain lion!

Also, be cautious of having an electronic call on you if hunting both coyotes and deer or elk. That's a big no no and you can be sited and have you hunting license revoked. Especially if you are using a fawnling in distress call as it can bring both dear and yotes, as well as mountain lion!
Thanks for the heads up. I'll never use an electronic call. At most I'd do my hand calls. I'm thinking maybe a jack rabbit distress IF I'm there for a day or two without sighting one and/or a little mouse squeaker if it's close.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top